Don't Raise Your Hopes Too High (2 Viewers)

polaris

Aug 6, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Poku ] ++
Moggi agreed to buy Ferrari, Mexes and Morientes... :D nah, but one can still dream... I'm pretty sure that this Vieri-saga is just a smokescreen...
I think the Cheva rumors are the smokescreen :p Why do we need such a player? He cant replace Trez who is 99.9% leaving it seems. We need a goal scorer and Vieri is such a player. He would be perfect to teach a young player like the ones we are after.

DP
Vieri
Miccoli
Gilaardino/Cavenaghi/Zlatan

and probably a 5th forward of some sort also if Kapo is not considered that player in emergency or tactical times. That is what I think will happen.

OP
Desmond

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
  • Thread Starter #126
    this is what i warned everyone about.

vieri's move has hit a major snag to the tune of a missing 2.2m a seaon and a transfer fee,while emerson may be headed to real.

not every day is a sunday-hope some of you have realized that by now.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
    Why would anyone want to take a 50% pay cut at any job??

With Veron, and Carvahlo possibly coming on board for Inter, who's to say that Vieri would be in a better situation here.

OP
    Desmond

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
  • Thread Starter #128
    exactly.i told you guys moggi has never loosened the purse strings and is not about to do so now,however big the player.

he just proved my point by offering vieri half of what he earns at inter.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
    And a 2.2 million dollar pay cut to go from a 4th place team to a 3rd place team isn't worth it.

I sure as hell wouldn't do it. I didn't want him back here, anyways.

OP
    Desmond

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
  • Thread Starter #130
    neither do i.

much rather we got a young forward like gilardino or cavenaghi,although the latter is very unlikely to say the least.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
    OK, Sally. No problem.

What I'm saying is that Trezeguet secures goals for us as well, he's 4 years younger than Vieri, if he is re-signed would still be cheaper than what Vieri would command, and Arsenal and Barcelona are both trying very hard to get Trez, while I don't see anyone (except for Juve, or course:rolleyes:) even attempting to make a run at Vieri.

gray

Apr 22, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by sallyinzaghi ] ++
    Sorry serge, I didn't really get what you mean, would you mind elaborating a bit more? :)
    What I think he meant was that Trez secures goals too

OP
    Desmond

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
  • Thread Starter #138
    i think trez staying would be better than a move for vieri.obviously vieri would add a couple of dimensions to our attack but they are insignificant compared to the problems he'd bring.

imagine him and dp in the lineup,the most injury-prone strikeforce in serie a and possibly the world.

and one of the most expensive.

besides,i don't think vieri would be able to maintain that high standard for 4 years at 31.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
    And with the money that they would shell out for Vieri, who exactly would be our backups once they both get injured??

Miccoli and Benjamin??

OP
    Desmond

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
  • Thread Starter #140
    uh huh:D

actually micco and benjy sound like a really exciting combination to me,although i've never seen them play together.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)