Domenico Criscito (112 Viewers)

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
CR wont let Criscito or anyone else having a chance with moli's position, he has already proved that.
And if Criscito doesnt proved to be an ultra impressive world class LB, right from the very first moment he happens to get his first chance, he wont a second anyway...

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
CR wont let Criscito or anyone else having a chance with moli's position, he has already proved that.
Don't exeggarate, that isn't true. The only reason why Grygera and Molinaro played more than anyone else this year is because Zebina and De Ceglie were injured for most of the season.
Now that Zebina is back you can see that Ranieri is playing Grygera less, while De Ceglie was also given chances in LB but he didn't take them (wasn't worse than Molinaro, but wasn't any better. Then he got a serious injury and Moli was irreplaceable).
If we have someone better, i'm absolutely sure that Molinaro will start warming the bench.

Criscito was seen as a CB and that's one of the reasons why he wasn't called back from loan. This year he's shown that he can play very well as a LB and ML. If we now have Criscito in the team, Molinaro won't play much, i'm sure about it.

cimenk

Jul 23, 2008
I pray for that Alen.. I hope Criscito back and become our starter in LB
but there is still possibility that Secco or Ranieri will use him as a bargain to buy a player like Milito or even Quagliarella that we don't need

Juventine

Little Witch
Jul 11, 2008
Really? Ranieri said that?
No, justing quoting the Xabi Alonso one.

Anyway, I always get the impression that Ranieri appreciates athelete attributes and physiques a lot.
And it's a fact that Criscito is not very fast for a LB. IMO, he plays good by using his good game reading ability. He passes the ball a lot and by that way he finds space. He rarely breaks the defense by running.
But in Juve we don't pass the ball around like they do in Genoa. I feel the same for Giovinco. I see him playing better when there is a bunch of technical players in the team. But Ranieri doesn't like that kind of football, I think.

dogsarecute

Aug 7, 2008
That "too slow" comment is only for Alonso. Alonso plays for Liverpool and Spain, both of which tend to pass the ball around and play at a slow tempo, sometimes with no effect the whole match. It does not mean the player cannot play faster.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Don't exeggarate, that isn't true. The only reason why Grygera and Molinaro played more than anyone else this year is because Zebina and De Ceglie were injured for most of the season.
Now that Zebina is back you can see that Ranieri is playing Grygera less, while De Ceglie was also given chances in LB but he didn't take them (wasn't worse than Molinaro, but wasn't any better. Then he got a serious injury and Moli was irreplaceable).
If we have someone better, i'm absolutely sure that Molinaro will start warming the bench.

Criscito was seen as a CB and that's one of the reasons why he wasn't called back from loan. This year he's shown that he can play very well as a LB and ML. If we now have Criscito in the team, Molinaro won't play much, i'm sure about it.
That's so true, the moment De Ceglie starting to find himself in the team and probably taking over Molinaro he took a lengthy injury.

I am not loving Ranieri here nor defending anyone but claims like Cronios' that Molinaro will play no matter what or similar are simply delusioned.

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
You are wrong De Ceglie had been available for more than 50% of the season and CR had many many opportunities to use him, but he didnt, because he already made up his mind about this position.
CR gave some very very limited playing time on DC, mostly as sub and as a starter, only because he had no other choice.

And up until now he has done the very same thing with Giovinco too, i cant believe that ppl have so easily forgot what has been happening for the whole season, when Neddy+Moli were used for the whole 90' even when we had to play 3 games/week, despite having both Giovinco and DC both fit and available on the bench!!!
And i am sure that he would have done the same thing with Marchisio too!

CR considered Moli as our first choice and DC as a squad player, LB/LM joker.
On the other hand, i think that he rates Zebina higher than Grygera (naturally)
Which is a whole different case, since Zebina has been indeed out injured for the majority of the season!!

CR has claimed with passion that Molinaro has been our best player last year and it is clear that he is his personal favorite player.
Even if DC or Criscito will show more promise than Moli, CR will def not see that, because he is extremely biased with that player.
He has already shown that he doesnt tolerate Criscito's non perfect performances.
By the time Criscito arrives, molinaro will be our permanent starter, being our main man for 3 seasons!
The amount of playing time, confidence and teamwork that develops through this whole period of time, can hardly be overwhelmingly overthrown by 15' or so of playing time Criscito might have, when he will be called to replace Moli as a desperate solution to a game the rest of our team will be already failing...
And even of Criscito manages to perform a far better performance than moli,
despite being a younger player, who was already introduced to this team.
It still wont be enough in CR's eyes to consider starting him against his favorite player.
(As we have seen it was never the case after DC very impressive performances... the intention of CR was clear from the beginning!)

Such a thing would only happen if Criscito or Dc would have the chances Marchisio and Giovinco had when Zanetti, Tiago, Poulsen and Neddy were not available and they have managed to outperform the starter with a couple of consecutive exceptional performances!

I can be certain that as long as we have CR, Criscito has def no chance to overthrow Molinaro from his place, regardless of their performances.
Even worse, i am also afraid that he also have limited chances to replace Legro too, despite not being as hard as replacing CR's son...

dogsarecute

Aug 7, 2008
Molinaro played because he is as you said "harmless" this year. When De Ceglie played on the left, he was "harmful" and left many gaps. As a team with fans crying out for instant success and no experiments, it is clear who will play more regularly and who will play in easier matches to prove himself.

Criscito was awful as leftback and centre-back last year and it was the decision of many in this forum that he should go on loan to gain some match experience and toughen up. So you regretted it?

C4ISR

Dec 18, 2005
His defensive abilities (marking, tackling, anticipation, etc) are what make him talented. Those attributes would be wasted at lb, imo. He still isn't the strongest guy, but there is more to being a successful cb than being physical. Even with a viking and Kill-ieni we are conceding to many.

Cronios raises a good pt. In particular, that Molinaro is given a blank cheque by Ranieri in terms of errors. When Criscito had a few bad games, we sent him on loan. If Tiago or Giovinco dont perform, they are taken off b4 the end of 90 min. With Molinaro, he consistently starts regardless of how shitty he performs, like Nedved. When De Ceglie was fit, there was no legit reason to not give him a run of games at lb. He is half way there. He is clearly the better player offensively, and any defensive weaknesses he has are no worse than Molinaro, and if anything, will improve once he plays more games at lb. If given the same blind faith from Ranieri as shown in Molinaro, he can be a better player. We lose very little by taking the chance of playing him in place of Molinaro.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
CR never really tried PDC at LB that much, it was always to replace an injured Nedved or giving him a rest, I think CR only tried PDC on the LB a couple times, most of his minutes if I recall correctly were coming from the LM. (I may be wrong but I am fairly sure Ranieri played him more at LM than LB).

PDC looked shaky the few times at LB so to play it safe he opted for Moli, now I agree with JCK/Alen that should we get a better LB or unless PDC shows he can play defense Molinaro will find himself back on the bench.

cimenk

Jul 23, 2008
No, justing quoting the Xabi Alonso one.

Anyway, I always get the impression that Ranieri appreciates athelete attributes and physiques a lot.
And it's a fact that Criscito is not very fast for a LB. IMO, he plays good by using his good game reading ability. He passes the ball a lot and by that way he finds space. He rarely breaks the defense by running.
But in Juve we don't pass the ball around like they do in Genoa. I feel the same for Giovinco. I see him playing better when there is a bunch of technical players in the team. But Ranieri doesn't like that kind of football, I think.
Grygera also not so fast at RB, but Ranieri gave him starting spot in RB.. and Zebina also gave a lot of space for opponents with his tendency going forward like against Genoa but CR believe him too. I think there is no reason for CR not to trust PDC to play as LB. For Criscito i remember he played as LB once for us against Parma last season (the result is 2-2 with controversial disallowed IQ's last minute goal).. but i don't saw him play good or bad.. but with Criscito development in Genoa this season, i will no doubt trust him as LB next season instead of Moli

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 112)