Domenico Criscito (28 Viewers)

Boksic

May 11, 2005
I agree with Juve Red. You cant have the best of both worlds, ie: giving youth a chance and expecting them to be world class right away.

Other than then Roma game, Criscito has been pretty decent at cb. He has all the tools needed to be a good cb, but his physique lets him down. That can be corrected though.

As other's have stated, he needs to put on some weight, but as far as technique goes, I think Criscito is doing fine.

I would play Chiellini at lb and Criscito at cb. W/e disadvantage the team is put at by playing Criscito at cb is counter-balanced by having a good lb. Having a lb who add's quality support and pressure for our attack gives us a whole new dimension to our game, and something we literally havent had at all this season.
:tup: the guy has been alright, i dont know why everyone gets on players backs so quickly. He is only twenty and will improve as he gets stronger and heavier.

He wasnt so bad today and was better when he moved into centre-back, Gyrgera IMO was far worse!!

i wonder how many people commenting on his performance actually saw the game today!!??

He is a star for the u21s and he can be a star for juve, he will improve for that i am sure, we need patience in these young guys. I wonder if everyone would get on Giovinco's back if he was playing for us today and had an average game.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
I don't expect him to be Maldini Jr. But that doesn't mean he should performe this way.

Even before Roma i wasn't too confident having him on the pitch. He's just too soft.

JuveAdam

Moggi santo..subito
Sep 12, 2006
I didn't see the game today so I can't comment on that specifically.

How many people who a slagging Criscito are the same ones who complain about youth not being given a chance?

You can't expect youngsters to be great straight away.
:agree:

Seeing him hauled off at the half in games must have seriously dented his confidence, the guy needs time & hasn't been as bad as portrayed in many posts

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
From calciomercato but that article is from La Stampa.

Juventus: Criscito via a gennaio

Il giovane difensore della Juve, Criscito promette bene ma ha deluso: via a gennaio. Nel futuro Genoa o Palermo.

Geof

May 14, 2004
La Stampa's article is worth a read if you understand some italian, or willing to go through a google translation.
http://www.lastampa.it/sport/cmsSezioni/quijuve/200711articoli/12184girata.asp
Basically, it says three players could leave in january:

- Criscito on loan, most probably to Genoa. Maybe Palermo
- Boumsong.
- Almiron. Because we own a player with the same charectiristics and faster: Marchisio.

It also hails our players on loan. Let's discuss that in the proper thread.
http://www.juventuz.com/forum/showthread.php?t=21947&page=17

da_ledgeaun

The Juve Freak
Jun 2, 2007
if we sign a central defender,then and only then i would even consider loaning out Criscito but if there isn't a great defender arriving in January then i dont think Juve should loan out Criscito especially if Boumsong is to be sold also...

Bisco

Nov 21, 2005
Juve To Loan Out Criscito

Juventus youngster Domenico Criscito is set to be sent out on loan during the January transfer window, according to La Stampa.

The 20-year-old is one of the most promising young defenders in Italy at the moment and is seen by many as a certain future Azzurri regular.

However the Naples-born stopper has struggled for Juve this season, and was particularly exposed during the away games against Cagliari and Roma.

So far this term Criscito has made seven Serie A appearances, playing a total of 571 minutes on the pitch.

Although starting the campaign as Jorge Andrade’s regular partner in the centre of defence, following the Portuguese star’s serious knee injury in September, Criscito has since lost his place in the side to Giorgio Chiellini and Nicola Legrottaglie, who have both been outstanding.

Bianconeri boss Claudio Ranieri is now keen to loan Criscito out in January so that his development does not stagnate by sitting on the bench every week.

Genoa and Palermo are both interested in the defender, with the former said to be favourites to attain him on a six-month contract.

Criscito started his professional career with Genoa and indeed made his debut for the club in 2003 at the age of just 16.

Carlo Garganese

Marceℓℓo

Mar 16, 2007
I have had faith in Criscito and after today I even got more faith in him. Sure, Palermo wasn't really strong offensively but still,he managed to intercept some occasions and he played. I think he&Legro are a good pairing. I would love to keep starting him in center, but then again where should Chiellini play?As a left-back?I don't know but so far I prefer him as a CB.

Zebina___Legrottaglie___Criscito___Chiellini

isn't bad either IMO. Btw Zebina really impressed me today.He is miles ahead of Grygera when it comes to go forward.

Morra10

Apr 30, 2006
criscito did play well but on a couple of occasions I seen him get over powered by amuari. Sure amuari is big but you have to be big yourself to compete in serie a. If we start him against milan ronaldo, kaka, and gilla will tear him apart. Chiellni has proven to be the best cb we've had this season and just because criscito plays one okay game against a terrible offense doesn't mean we should move chiellni over. Plus molinaro played pretty well on the wing. Criscito will be great but you can't force him into situations were he'll fail....

AngelaL

Jinx Minx
Aug 25, 2006
I thought Criscito had a good game - not perfect, but good. I think he shouldn't play against Milan as I feel it may be a bit too much and I wouldn't risk his confidence taking another dent just yet.

Sep 26, 2007
I agree with most of you. I think Mimmo played well but I don't think we should let him play against Milan or any big squads at that. He should continue to be played against smaller teams because he can handle it. I do hope he is loaned out in January to build up his skill. Plus Mimmo has started to gain weight so hopefully he stays on track.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 28)