Domenico Berardi (14 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Look at Morata's numbers again, and take into context that he is not a week in week out starter for this club, who also doesn't take all of the penalty kicks and free kicks for Juve the way that Berardi does for Sassuolo. One thing that Berardi does do a lot better than Alvaro though, is that temper that a lot of us had hoped would simmer down, but has at best, stayed the same.

And I'm sorry, Cam, but this whole theory of him wanting to gain experience doesn't add up at all.

How much experience did Dybala have at Palermo before he came here? If anything, it could be argued that Sassuolo in the last 3 years were a bigger club than Palermo, but he made the jump.

Pogba was in Man U's youth system. YOUTH SYSTEM. Dude played maybe 5 games for the senior club that year. And his pedigree at the time was nowhere as good as Berardi's at that age.

Again, where is the benefit for him to stay there for another year? How is this going to improve him? If anything, this last season with Zaza gone was as good a chance as any for him to step up his game, but he didn't. The team, as a whole performed better, but he did not. So I really don't see the point of him staying another season
Notice Berardi too has a lot of assists. I keep seeing people talking about padding stats with FKs and PKs.

Buy on AliExpress.com

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
The only reason that I can see him staying another season is that he hopes that Juve will just stop pursuing him.

- - - Updated - - -

Notice Berardi too has a lot of assists. I keep seeing people talking about padding stats with FKs and PKs.
So does Morata. What is your point exactly

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
And it's not about "padding stats" with PK's and FK's. That is not my point.

I watched a lot of Sassuolo matches this year (Thank you Bein Sports Connect), and he regressed. In fact, in some matches, he was non-existent. You can't be a focal point of a club and be non-existent.

- - - Updated - - -

Berardi in 14-15 had a lot of his assists from open play. Not so much last year.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
And it's not about "padding stats" with PK's and FK's. That is not my point.

I watched a lot of Sassuolo matches this year (Thank you Bein Sports Connect), and he regressed. In fact, in some matches, he was non-existent. You can't be a focal point of a club and be non-existent.

- - - Updated - - -

Berardi in 14-15 had a lot of his assists from open play. Not so much last year.
Other people are making that point, sorry, I was generalizing.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Imagine if we signed Berardi and Witsel.

- - - Updated - - -

That Berardi is far more productive for his team than people are suggesting.
I agree with this, especially in previous seasons. I think Zaza leaving was a huge reason for his apparent regression this season. Zaza makes a lot of space for others with his aggression and movement. And is a decent finisher. Berardi missed that imo.

- - - Updated - - -

There's no hate. Just indifference. You can tell he doesn't have the temperament, and may well prefer to be a big fish in a small pond. Som eplayers orefer that for themselves. Maybe it's his inter attachment, God knows, but I don't see Juve care enough about this beyond s point. That 25m on the other hand just makes the mercato far more exciting then it's already been.

I doubt Juve will sign him next season. In fact, I can see him regress the coming season, coz he's not going to grow any further than he has at Sass. He's going to settle into his comfort zone. The baby steps approach can only mean that he is never making the jump from Sass to Juve mentally or physically.

Next step will be another mid table club with a bigger history perhaps than Sass. Eg. Inter.

25m that will be better spent IMO.
Great post :tup:

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
The only reason that I can see him staying another season is that he hopes that Juve will just stop pursuing him.
I would imagine that to be a possibility because he doesn't want to outright say no to Juve, but at the risk of throwing away a golden career opportunity? He would be better off just saying no and moving to a inter or aroma or whatever else his mediocre but arrogant being wants.

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
It wasn't over the last 3 years. They bought him, loaned him, then sold their rights to him to another club with a gentleman's agreement. People need to stop acting like the club is begging for him.
he was always at Sassuolo, don't muddy the waters with who had his contract.

of course the club isn't begging him, no-one said that they are...but Juve have shown incredible patience with him.

and he keeps flinching away from the big step, which he really should have made last summer let alone now.

Cerval

Feb 20, 2016
I can't see how he can develop further at Sassuolo rather than at Juve. If he stays at Sassuolo, let's forget him permanently, enough of this soap opera.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
My personal opinion is that is career is going to head in another direction from this point, if him staying at Sassuolo is true.
this could very well happen too.

He can maybe has a putrid season and we skip him.

Or maybe we find another player who could be potentially better, and at the same time berardi shows no progression.

Or mabye he recovers his old form and we buy him.

A lot of things can happen

Gagi

Jul 19, 2007
what an unambitious guy. seriously, this is mental. grow some balls domenico, stop crying, come here and earn your place... fucking idiot if true.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 14)