Domenico Berardi (11 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
And he might be 22 when he comes to play for Juve. Holy shit balls...1 year older than Morata & Dybala.

- - - Updated - - -

Notice the club is "letting" him stay there for another year and not saying "now or never". If the club felt it was a poor decision on his part they would move on and it doesn't sound like they are.

But hey, I guess the Board has no idea how to run a club.
I know you like Berardi, and I don't think anyone should "Hate" the guy for staying at Sassuolo, but it's a slightly disturbing lack of ambition to remain a Sassuolo another year. It may work out for the best all the same, but there's also a very good chance he never plays here. The mentality isn't really there from what I'm seeing.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
The mentality isn't really there from what I'm seeing.
Or maybe it is and that is why he wants another year to grow and get some European experience under his belt so he doesn't come here to play second fiddle to anyone his first year here.

Do we even know what formation we want to play next year?

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Pogba is rare, you know that. Dybala too for the most part but he had to take his place in a lower level team for a couple of years.

The kid has helped get a provincial club to the European stage, I sorta see where he is coming from. Come to Juve and try to knock out an in-form player like Dybala and get a fraction of the playing time or play every single game of the year AND in Europe, mind you, it's his first bout with a European competition.

The guy is looking to get as much experience as he can get.

Not everyone gets to work their way up in a Real Madrid or Manchester United youth program, etc.

Everyone has their own path, and on his current path and age he has done quite well. Why is it such a big deal he wants to stay another year? Anyone that reads this forum knows I want him here more than anything but if it doesn't happen I will wait to see what his official reason is before I start jumping on some bandwagon.

- - - Updated - - -

Sergio -

Are you really suggesting/comparing Del Piero/Vialli/Ravenelli/Pogba to Berardi? Really?
What?

When I said that, it was in the context of DelPiero at the time being the hottest young prospect in Italian football, yet he still had the guts to come to Juve and fight for his place, on the team.

He helped a provincial team get to Europe this year. That would make a lot more sense if he hadn't regressed from last year to this year. He wasn't the main reason why. Yes, he was a protagonist, but absolutely not the main reason why.

And how many more matches does he need in Sassuolo before he feels he is ready? Honestly? What else can he possibly do? What, does he want to be a "Club Legend" for Sassuolo because he helped them get to the damn Europa League? Regardless of whether he is going to be 22 or not, this will be his 4th full season in Serie A at a mid table club. For someone who is supposed to be the top young italian forward in the league.

I don't even know what else to say. You give so much rope for this kid to hang himself, yet you were one of the first who was glad to see Coman go. Why wouldn't he be afforded the same type of rope? At least at the age of 18 he showed, and still shows far more balls and ambition by going from PSG to Juve to Bayern, and now being on the French National team

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Or maybe it is and that is why he wants another year to grow and get some European experience under his belt so he doesn't come here to play second fiddle to anyone his first year here.

And that's why I don't care much if he doesn't want to come. It's not a loss for Juve. If anything it's a loss of a huge opportunity for him. But ultimately it's his choice. I hope it works out best for him and us of course, and he gains something from another year at Sass, but there's just as good a chance he threw away his shot here.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003

Who is he going to start over?

Dybala? No, absolutely not.

He's not a CF, and if he is basing this decision on what formation Allegri MAY use next year, well, that is just stupid.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
And he might be 22 when he comes to play for Juve. Holy shit balls...1 year older than Morata & Dybala.

- - - Updated - - -

Notice the club is "letting" him stay there for another year and not saying "now or never". If the club felt it was a poor decision on his part they would move on and it doesn't sound like they are.

You think the club would still give him this sort of leeway a season from now? I'd have my doubts. Next summer, it will be Juve that will take the call on whether to sign him outright or not. Don't see a repeat of this situation, which in itself is unique.

People underrate the importance of a player with potential actually developing st a bigger club. Seeing Juves commitments next season, there is a high chance that he would get a bit more playing time than he is backing himself to get as of right now. He has pretty much done all he can for this Sassuolo side and I doubt he can do much better with the set up they have. Temperament plays a big big part in a players development at the highest level and with people calling him the Italian Muller, may want to rethink that, because it may very well be that he doesn't have the stomach for this level. And scared of what? Competition? I think everyone of Zaza, Rugsni, Dybala, Pogba have taken giant strides in their careers coz they backed themselves to do so. And it's Juve whose putting 25m in this idiot to show him that they pride him as a future investment, and he can't see that.

He can stay at Sassuolo all he wants, but I highly doubt he's going to be setting anything on fire in the coming season, and has probably blown his chance at moving here. He has time on his side, sure, but there's way too much competition for one of the best clubs in Europe to make any more concessions for him. He's not good enough for us to do that.

My personal opinion is that is career is going to head in another direction from this point, if him staying at Sassuolo is true.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
What?

When I said that, it was in the context of DelPiero at the time being the hottest young prospect in Italian football, yet he still had the guts to come to Juve and fight for his place, on the team.

He helped a provincial team get to Europe this year. That would make a lot more sense if he hadn't regressed from last year to this year. He wasn't the main reason why. Yes, he was a protagonist, but absolutely not the main reason why.

And how many more matches does he need in Sassuolo before he feels he is ready? Honestly? What else can he possibly do? What, does he want to be a "Club Legend" for Sassuolo because he helped them get to the damn Europa League? Regardless of whether he is going to be 22 or not, this will be his 4th full season in Serie A at a mid table club. For someone who is supposed to be the top young italian forward in the league.

I don't even know what else to say. You give so much rope for this kid to hang himself, yet you were one of the first who was glad to see Coman go. Why wouldn't he be afforded the same type of rope? At least at the age of 18 he showed, and still shows far more balls and ambition by going from PSG to Juve to Bayern, and now being on the French National team
Morata has also regressed a lot this year. We still want him.

And I wasn't glad to see Coman go. Don't put words in my mouth. I like to 20m we are banking off of him, but he didn't seem to fit into Allegri's plans. Somehow that translates into me being glad.

All things considered, I already said I am frustrated he doesn't seem to want to come here but I don't think its for the "lack of ambition" theory people are spitting out. He wants experience to be better suited to making an immediate impact at a bigger club. Again, everyone has their own path to success.

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006

- - - Updated - - -

it isn't about 'the Board', Juve have made their desire to bring him in many times over the past 3 years.

the dude is being a bitch.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005

He's not a CF, and if he is basing this decision on what formation Allegri MAY use next year, well, that is just stupid.
The last time the club had a young winger here it didn't end well for the player until he left because he was rarely used. It's a giant risk for him to move to a big club with massive pressure not knowing if you will play.

At least we know he isn't money hungry. You could make a case for Coman bouncing from club to club.

- - - Updated - - -

it isn't about 'the Board', Juve have made their desire to bring him in many times over the past 3 years.

the dude is being a bitch.
It wasn't over the last 3 years. They bought him, loaned him, then sold their rights to him to another club with a gentleman's agreement. People need to stop acting like the club is begging for him.

- - - Updated - - -

And that's why I don't care much if he doesn't want to come. It's not a loss for Juve. If anything it's a loss of a huge opportunity for him. But ultimately it's his choice. I hope it works out best for him and us of course, and he gains something from another year at Sass, but there's just as good a chance he threw away his shot here.
It might be. It's on him and that's why I don't understand why people are getting so angry over him wishing to stay. It would be something entirely differently if he suddenly joined Inter then I'd be on the F*** Berardi train.

Him staying has pretty much no effect on Juve.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
I know you like Berardi, and I don't think anyone should "Hate" the guy for staying at Sassuolo, but it's a slightly disturbing lack of ambition to remain a Sassuolo another year. It may work out for the best all the same, but there's also a very good chance he never plays here. The mentality isn't really there from what I'm seeing.
There's no hate. Just indifference. You can tell he doesn't have the temperament, and may well prefer to be a big fish in a small pond. Som eplayers orefer that for themselves. Maybe it's his inter attachment, God knows, but I don't see Juve care enough about this beyond s point. That 25m on the other hand just makes the mercato far more exciting then it's already been.

I doubt Juve will sign him next season. In fact, I can see him regress the coming season, coz he's not going to grow any further than he has at Sass. He's going to settle into his comfort zone. The baby steps approach can only mean that he is never making the jump from Sass to Juve mentally or physically.

Next step will be another mid table club with a bigger history perhaps than Sass. Eg. Inter.

25m that will be better spent IMO.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013

And I wasn't glad to see Coman go. Don't put words in my mouth. I like to 20m we are banking off of him, but he didn't seem to fit into Allegri's plans. Somehow that translates into me being glad.

All things considered, I already said I am frustrated he doesn't seem to want to come here but I don't think its for the "lack of ambition" theory people are spitting out. He wants experience to be better suited to making an immediate impact at a bigger club. Again, everyone has their own path to success.
Morata actually had an almost identical year to last year, and finished the season on fire for his last 1050 minutes. I showed it somewhere else but he was by far our most productive forward from January 24th onwards. He had 9 goals - 7 assists, in 1050 minutes to close the season which is pretty damn good.

If he hadn't shown that form to finish the season and had kept up his mid season slump I doubt we would be trying to keep him.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003

Look at Morata's numbers again, and take into context that he is not a week in week out starter for this club, who also doesn't take all of the penalty kicks and free kicks for Juve the way that Berardi does for Sassuolo. One thing that Berardi does do a lot better than Alvaro though, is that temper that a lot of us had hoped would simmer down, but has at best, stayed the same.

And I'm sorry, Cam, but this whole theory of him wanting to gain experience doesn't add up at all.

How much experience did Dybala have at Palermo before he came here? If anything, it could be argued that Sassuolo in the last 3 years were a bigger club than Palermo, but he made the jump.

Pogba was in Man U's youth system. YOUTH SYSTEM. Dude played maybe 5 games for the senior club that year. And his pedigree at the time was nowhere as good as Berardi's at that age.

Again, where is the benefit for him to stay there for another year? How is this going to improve him? If anything, this last season with Zaza gone was as good a chance as any for him to step up his game, but he didn't. The team, as a whole performed better, but he did not. So I really don't see the point of him staying another season

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Morata actually had an almost identical year to last year, and finished the season on fire for his last 1050 minutes. I showed it somewhere else but he was by far our most productive forward from January 24th onwards. He had 9 goals - 7 assists, in 1050 minutes to close the season which is pretty damn good.

If he hadn't shown that form to finish the season and had kept up his mid season slump I doubt we would be trying to keep him.
Point taken. :tup:

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
There's no hate. Just indifference. You can tell he doesn't have the temperament, and may well prefer to be a big fish in a small pond. Som eplayers orefer that for themselves. Maybe it's his inter attachment, God knows, but I don't see Juve care enough about this beyond s point. That 25m on the other hand just makes the mercato far more exciting then it's already been.

I doubt Juve will sign him next season. In fact, I can see him regress the coming season, coz he's not going to grow any further than he has at Sass. He's going to settle into his comfort zone. The baby steps approach can only mean that he is never making the jump from Sass to Juve mentally or physically.

Next step will be another mid table club with a bigger history perhaps than Sass. Eg. Inter.

25m that will be better spent IMO.
:tup:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 11)