Domenico Berardi (4 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
It's so true, this guy really spent maybe one year extra at Sassuolo than he should've. Zaza moved to us at just the right time. While i get his apprehensions of it being a euro year and getting some playing time, he's kind of lost a bit of that edge this season and didn't get picked for the Azzurri either. The way i see him, he's coming as a backup player and that mitigates the risk somewhat, but if he is to step in and step up, then we don't know what kind of player we are getting for 25m. I feel he's a tad bit overrated.
He is only 21 years old :lol:

How can he have strayed at Sass for too long? It's a great club to develop at because they play some nice attacking football which is great for him as an attacker. It's not like he was at Palermo, the club is doing well and EDF is a good coach.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003

How can he have strayed at Sass for too long? It's a great club to develop at because they play some nice attacking football which is great for him as an attacker. It's not like he was at Palermo, the club is doing well and EDF is a good coach.
Sass is a great place to develop. I think there are two ways to look at this. We could look at it from the point of view of his age, or the point of view of the number of seasons he's spent in Serie A. Granted I haven't seen much of him in the season prior but the feeling i get is, that he has lost some of the form he had in the first two seasons, part of it maybe down to intermittent injury, but still, i feel had he made the move to Juve after the first two seasons, the transition would've been easier than one trying to recover some of the lost form. Either way, I'm not hot on him as some are here. Feel like we could've better channelised that 25m, but this is the kind of deal that goes either way and given his age, the club is willing to back that up and recover a bit if things go south.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003

Cavani is 29 and considered decrepit around here. As if a football career wasn't short enough already, we've shortened it even more around here: it's now between 18 and 25.

May 22, 2007
I don't think the "dip" in form is down to him being at Sassuolo too long, and it would look bad if his performances have dropped because of lack of motivation, given that Sassuolo have been fighting for European football this year. Berardi is probably going through normal inconsistencies you'd expect of a young player, similar to how Pogba was playing rather badly for a large part of this season.

Berardi would be the same age as Dybala if he joined this summer, which is not too late to make that move at all really. Berardi has the sort of Serie A experience that Giovinco didn't have until he was in his mid twenties either, and there is almost an entire career left in this player still. Should be interesting to see him introduced with a much higher standard of player than he's used to.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
I don't think the "dip" in form is down to him being at Sassuolo too long, and it would look bad if his performances have dropped because of lack of motivation, given that Sassuolo have been fighting for European football this year. Berardi is probably going through normal inconsistencies you'd expect of a young player, similar to how Pogba was playing rather badly for a large part of this season.

Berardi would be the same age as Dybala if he joined this summer, which is not too late to make that move at all really. Berardi has the sort of Serie A experience that Giovinco didn't have until he was in his mid twenties either, and there is almost an entire career left in this player still. Should be interesting to see him introduced with a much higher standard of player than he's used to.
:tup:

FlavioJuve

Jun 6, 2007

Could not say it any better

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
Cavani is 29 and considered decrepit around here. As if a football career wasn't short enough already, we've shortened it even more around here: it's now between 18 and 25.
In one sense that sentiment is true because there is a notable increase of top players who are very young by the standards of previous generations. I think players on average used to hit the high levels of performance when they were 27 or so. Now we see players who are 23 and less playing at the highest level. So I am not surprised some people think 28 year olds are old players.

In another sense this sentiment is completely false because today (thanks to advancement in fitness and sport science) players can play well into their 30s at a very high level, when a in the past they would have severely declined. I think a footballer's career is now longer than it was before. They hit top level very early in their twenties and they can maintain themselves for years beyond the 30 years old mark.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)