Domenech: They Fix matches in Italy!! (1 Viewer)

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
that was kinda my point, not to sure how keen canada are to host this so would be a straight fight out between america(1994) or mexico(again) not sure how much of a success story the under21 world cup was viewed as being but could maybe help their cause

would not surprise em to see alexi dumbass on tv shouting about how MLS is superior to la liga, serie a and on a par with the premiership(which to most americans is teh only league in the world) and they deserve the world cup or he will get GWB to bomb fifa's headquarters
tbh ive been forced to watch mls of late to compensate the fact that most of the major leagues have yet to start and i tell you what, ive never seen 2 commentators so excited at a tap in from 2 yrds, and the fans, no offense to any american members here are just so passionless i mean the stands are filled with patches of excited americans who cant even be bothered to add to the atmosphere with songs like we see in other leagues. The quality of the league itself is no better than the english conference division (5th tier) its really that poor probably lower since ive been to see conference and lower games and had more excitment

Buy on AliExpress.com

Max

Jul 15, 2003
that was kinda my point, not to sure how keen canada are to host this so would be a straight fight out between america(1994) or mexico(again) not sure how much of a success story the under21 world cup was viewed as being but could maybe help their cause
Ah...I guess I misunderstood.

LegiaJuve

Jun 5, 2007
His proof is probably just a sketch he drew up on a napkin while waiting for a coffee somewhere. Probably says "Hey Domenech, we fix matches in Italy! -Your secret Italian source" in his own handwriting.

Eddy

The Maestro
Aug 20, 2005
Domenech stands his ground

France Coach Raymond Domenech has stated that he will submit a file to UEFA on his match-fixing allegations against Italy.

Les Bleus face Roberto Donadoni’s Azzuri side at the San Siro on September 8 in a crucial Euro 2008 qualifier and the tactician stated last week that their toughest opponent would be the referee.

He followed up hiscomments by accusing Italy of bribing officials in some of the teams’ previous meetings, including the Under-21 qualifier for the 2000 Olympic Games in Sydney.

UEFA President and Juventus legend Michel Platini backed the Azzurri, angrily warning Domenech that he would be punished if he failed to submit evidence supporting his claims.

“UEFA have launched an investigation and I will be glad to answer their questions,” said the Coach on Thursday.

“They have asked for a file and I will submit it. I want to answer every question, but I will not reveal its contents, out of respect for those who will examine it,” added the boss.

“Am I afraid of being punished? The only fear I have is of losing matches.”

The French Federation apologised to Italy after Domenech’s statements, assuring that his words were representative only of his personal opinion.

While the FIGC chose not to comment, the tactician invoked a furious response from many of calcio’s leading figures.

Amongst these was 1982 World Cup hero Marco Tardelli, who also coached the Azzurrini for the incriminated 2-1 win over Domenech’s France Under-21s.

“Every now and then Domenech says something really stupid. That’s what he’s like and once again he is trying to provoke opponents. He does this a lot,” stormed Tardelli.

www.channel4.com

Eddy

The Maestro
Aug 20, 2005
Let's see how far this goes. Its going to get heated up in the next few weeks.

Reminds me of Zeman back in the days...dumbass

Christina

vanilla pudding
Aug 21, 2006
Domenech's Italian "injustice" Sunday 19 August, 2007

France Coach Raymond Domenech continues to stir up controversy with more match-fixing allegations against Italy.

The tactician has been ordered by UEFA to come up with evidence after he claimed Italy “bought the referee” in an Under-21 match against France in 1999.

He named that specific encounter, which ended 2-1 for the Azzurrini in extra time, but now seems to be changing his position ever so slightly into a more general accusation.

“My words were probably a little misused in that interview,” Domenech told French television station TF1.

“However, I confirm what I said: I did not invent anything by saying those things. In Italy they know full well that this is the case.

“I am not the one who demoted Juventus to Serie B or take points off Milan. In Serie A there is a problem tied to referees and they certainly won’t discover that thanks to my comments.”

This is an overview of the Calciopoli scandal that hit Italian football last year, but it was always a matter between clubs and did not extend to UEFA or FIFA level.

Domenech did try to tie the two together to explain why his talented France squad lost in that Under-21 qualifier for the Sydney Olympics.

“That Italy-France game from 1999 has always left within me an enormous sense of injustice.”

He will have to present his dossier of evidence backing up these accusations to UEFA, but probably not before Les Bleus face Italy in a crunch Euro 2008 qualifier at San Siro on September 8.

“I hope it can all be resolved as soon as possible. The Italians don’t want it over yet, as they are building up this story to fire up the crowd ahead of the September 8 game,” added Domenech.

channel 4

:disagree:

LegiaJuve

Jun 5, 2007
I'm not trying to insinuate anything, but I hope (for his own sake) security at the San Siro will be at a max. I'm not Italian nor am I fan of the Azzurri, but his words are flat-out insulting to all football fans in Italy.

The atmosphere at the San Siro will be hostile, to say the least, and it's completely, solely, his fault.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
I'm not trying to insinuate anything, but I hope (for his own sake) security at the San Siro will be at a max. I'm not Italian nor am I fan of the Azzuri, but his words are flat-out insulting to all football fans in Italy.

The atmosphere at the San Siro will be hostile, to say the least, and it's completely, solely, his fault.
Whether he is right or wrong (I believe he is wrong) it is very foolish to give the opposition any extra motivation before a big game.

It isn't a surprise though since Domenech is a pillock.

OP

ReBeL

The Jackal
Jan 14, 2005
  • Thread Starter #80
    Well, I don't know about that very old match, but he has some logic in what he is saying about the calciopoli. FIGC can't come and tell us that there is no fixing in the calcio where it has just destroyed a whole season because of that reason.

I don't defend Domenech but he had something right by coincidence.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)