Domenech: They Fix matches in Italy!! (1 Viewer)

Belgico

Numero Venti Due
Dec 28, 2006
I read the first paragraph of the above article, then I stopped reading. The fact that the author states Warner "ridiculously" opposes England in hosting the World Cup is just idiotic... 2018 is designated for NORTH AMERICA.

England. :rolleyes:
Football in North America isn't that.
Engeland is much better,
you have to be objective.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Engeland is much better,
Haha, funny.

World Cup 2018 is designated to be North America's World Cup, whether people like it or not. The FIFA rotation system is in place to be fair to all continents, thus not having bias that people like you might have regarding footballing regions. Football is the World's Game.

I don't give a FUCK if England is better than any North American nation in football. IT IS OUR WORLD CUP IN 2018.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
Haha, funny.

World Cup 2018 is designated to be North America's World Cup, whether people like it or not. The FIFA rotation system is in place to be fair to all continents, thus not having bias that people like you might have regarding footballing regions. Football is the World's Game.

I don't give a FUCK if England is better than any North American nation in football. IT IS OUR WORLD CUP IN 2018.
the wc isnt due to return to europe till at least 2026

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
:lol: This is all pretty damn hilarious. Kind of like having "The First Annual ___" and disbanding it after the first year. What kind of pretense was this about equally rotating the hosting of the Cup between continents only to give up before finishing the first cycle because someone found it politically inconvenient...

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
the wc isnt due to return to europe till at least 2026
:lol: This is all pretty damn hilarious. Kind of like having "The First Annual ___" and disbanding it after the first year. What kind of pretense was this about equally rotating the hosting of the Cup between continents only to give up before finishing the first cycle because someone found it politically inconvenient...
http://www.worldcupblog.org/world-c...about-altering-world-cup-rotation-system.html

Fuck FIFA. If Blatter rescinds this new rotation system, he should be fired. Hell, Blatter even considers North and South America as a single continent, yet do we have the same confederation? Fuck no. There goes North America's chance of a World Cup in the next two decades. Fucking goddamn idiots.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2018_FIFA_World_Cup

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Blatter should have been executed many boneheaded statements long ago.

I think the new rotation should be this:

1. Every 8 years, come up with a new system
  2. Start the new system by granting it to the continent needing the most attention for growth or expansion
  3. Give everybody this "feel good" sense of world inclusivity and equality as a result of this decision for the first hosting continent of the rotation
  4. Next, assign Europe to host the Cup. Good money move. Good relations.
  5. Then question the wisdom of the existing system, scrap it, and return to Step 1.

Wait! Silly me. We've been following this exact rotation system since 1958. :rolleyes:

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
http://www.worldcupblog.org/world-c...about-altering-world-cup-rotation-system.html

Fuck FIFA. If Blatter rescinds this new rotation system, he should be fired. Hell, Blatter even considers North and South America as a single continent, yet do we have the same confederation? Fuck no. There goes North America's chance of a World Cup in the next two decades. Fucking goddamn idiots.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2018_FIFA_World_Cup
the way i understand under the current system is that ofcourse the next 1 is in africa 2010, then after it goes to the south americans, then north america, to asia and back to europe. and theres no way blatter would consider merging north and south america its like merging uefa with whatever they call it in asia. anyways when is the deadline for submitting their bids? will it be before or after blatter's term in charge is over?

Bozi

The Bozman
Administrator
Oct 18, 2005
Haha, funny.

actually, knowing FIFA america will be overlooked and the tourament will go to canada or costa-fuckin-rica.........if there is true rotation that is:eyebrows:

am guessing that fifa are shitting themselves that south africa are gonna make a balls-up of their prep and they will end up playing it in mexico again

Blatter should have been executed many boneheaded statements long ago.

I think the new rotation should be this:

1. Every 8 years, come up with a new system
  2. Start the new system by granting it to the continent needing the most attention for growth or expansion
  3. Give everybody this "feel good" sense of world inclusivity and equality as a result of this decision for the first hosting continent of the rotation
  4. Next, assign Europe to host the Cup. Good money move. Good relations.
  5. Then question the wisdom of the existing system, scrap it, and return to Step 1.

Wait! Silly me. We've been following this exact rotation system since 1958. :rolleyes:
you got me at hello

Carlo D

The Jazz Man
May 27, 2007
actually, knowing FIFA america will be overlooked and the tourament will go to canada or costa-fuckin-rica.........if there is true rotation that is:eyebrows:

am guessing that fifa are shitting themselves that south africa are gonna make a balls-up of their prep and they will end up playing it in mexico again
It's possible Canada could sneak it...

r/e Sth Africa, I know a bit about this...if more "outside help" isn't forthcoming then that's just what's going to happen, & to think certain people here condemn Italy as being corrupt...at least there it's business, not indescriminate!!! :shifty:

chester

Too busy to bother
May 20, 2006
Trez slams Domenech rant Monday 13 August, 2007

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Juventus striker David Trezeguet has hit out at France Coach Raymond Domenech for his controversial indictment of Italian football.

Domenech stunned the football world last week when he claimed that the Italian game was ‘full of secret agreements’.

He also stated that the Azzurrini’s triumph over France’s Under-21 side in qualifying for the 2000 Olympics had been the result of biased refereeing.

Trezeguet has never seen eye to eye with Domenech and told La Stampa that the ex-Lyon tactician’s comments were a disgrace.

“I read what he said and my God I was annoyed,” Trez stated. “What a disgrace. By talking like that, Domenech has damaged the country of France and most of all the world of football. He talks for the sake of talking.

“He hasn’t picked me since February. If he selects me against Slovakia on August 22 then good, but if not I’ll be patient.”

Having vented his spleen at Domenech, the Juve hitman took the chance to insist that the Old Lady should not be discounted from the Scudetto race.

“On paper, Inter and Milan have more than us,” he admitted.

“But that’s only on paper. We are ready to compete and after everything that has happened we have a will to win that other sides can only dream of.”

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

I doubt we have to worry about him being a NT player any time soon :biggrin:

Maresca

Aug 23, 2004
Trez slams Domenech rant Monday 13 August, 2007

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Juventus striker David Trezeguet has hit out at France Coach Raymond Domenech for his controversial indictment of Italian football.

Domenech stunned the football world last week when he claimed that the Italian game was ‘full of secret agreements’.

He also stated that the Azzurrini’s triumph over France’s Under-21 side in qualifying for the 2000 Olympics had been the result of biased refereeing.

Trezeguet has never seen eye to eye with Domenech and told La Stampa that the ex-Lyon tactician’s comments were a disgrace.

“I read what he said and my God I was annoyed,” Trez stated. “What a disgrace. By talking like that, Domenech has damaged the country of France and most of all the world of football. He talks for the sake of talking.

“He hasn’t picked me since February. If he selects me against Slovakia on August 22 then good, but if not I’ll be patient.”

Having vented his spleen at Domenech, the Juve hitman took the chance to insist that the Old Lady should not be discounted from the Scudetto race.

“On paper, Inter and Milan have more than us,” he admitted.

“But that’s only on paper. We are ready to compete and after everything that has happened we have a will to win that other sides can only dream of.”

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

I doubt we have to worry about him being a NT player any time soon :biggrin:
forza Trez

Apr 12, 2004
Domenech is just envious of all the attention Alexi Lalas is getting for his idiotic comments these days.
:lol2:
I read the first paragraph of the above article, then I stopped reading. The fact that the author states Warner "ridiculously" opposes England in hosting the World Cup is just idiotic... 2018 is designated for NORTH AMERICA.

England. :rolleyes:
Word.....that shibby is so dumb, I want to beat up people in the head.

Engeland is much better,
What? You have to read more GOODER
Haha, funny.

Word is bond......

Jun-hide

Dec 16, 2002
Trez has every right to be offended.

I mean there is a coach who will choose Cisse over him? I would be shit pissed if I was David.

I have to agree with Andy. Whilst I do see some problem with strict rotatioin policy, since (1) a lot of non-European/American countries will struggle to fill in many matches (just see Asian Cup this year, organisation was disgrace, making team to train on midnight prior to the game). And America doesnt have enough countries to really make it worth while rotating, giving Mexico, Canada and USA unfair advantage of other nations. Nonetheless, I like the basic idea of rotation, with some adjustments made, and to ditch the either to allow Europeans tender a next bid is just immoral, and utterly disgusting. I would be fuming if I was South American. I say merge American continents into one (it will help US on playing field as well) like we did with Austrailia and rotate between 4 continents.

Max

Jul 15, 2003
The States hosted the Cup in 1994 so I doubt they'd get it again in 2018 unless it was a joint bid of some sorts (with Canada [suprisingly capable] or Mexico). Personally, I'd put money on a lone Mexican bid getting the 2018 World Cup.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
The States hosted the Cup in 1994 so I doubt they'd get it again in 2018 unless it was a joint bid of some sorts (with Canada [suprisingly capable] or Mexico). Personally, I'd put money on a lone Mexican bid getting the 2018 World Cup.
i put money on mexico winning the cup within the next 5 world cups :D

i dont suppose the real idea of beckham comming to the US was to be used as a pawn to boost their efforts to bring the wc to the US

Bozi

The Bozman
Administrator
Oct 18, 2005
that was kinda my point, not to sure how keen canada are to host this so would be a straight fight out between america(1994) or mexico(again) not sure how much of a success story the under21 world cup was viewed as being but could maybe help their cause

i put money on mexico winning the cup within the next 5 world cups :D

i dont suppose the real idea of beckham comming to the US was to be used as a pawn to boost their efforts to bring the wc to the US
would not surprise em to see alexi dumbass on tv shouting about how MLS is superior to la liga, serie a and on a par with the premiership(which to most americans is teh only league in the world) and they deserve the world cup or he will get GWB to bomb fifa's headquarters

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)