Do you play football..? (1 Viewer)

Jul 12, 2002
I used to be a professional keeper. I played in some lower divisions in Australia, France, and Belgium, and I hate a trial with Viking FK. I've torn every ligament in both of my knees, and I'm lucky to be able to walk now. I used to be a fairly good keeper, good on crosses, good coming off my line and I was a fair shot bloacker, but my coaches pprobably liked me most because I took free kicks and scored often. Currently I've been playing with some semi-professional teams, but their really not that competitive. I'm hoping to get back into playing a bit more, once I get back to europe, but we shall see what happens.

JUVESUPPORTER

Aug 25, 2003
I used to play striker for a club called Knocklyn United when I was 11, I won Player of the Year,got the coca cola top goal scorer award and was begining to recieve intrest from a club called Home Farm United(Started by Liverpool United scouts) But :)frown:) when I turned 13 I decided to quit football to hang out with me m8s more. So I quit for about 2 years,Im playing again now for a club called Leicster Celtic but im not half the player I used to be and very unfit

I'll be back on form soon though mark my words:fero:

gray

Apr 22, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Rickenbacker2 ] ++
I used to be a professional keeper. I played in some lower divisions in Australia, France, and Belgium, and I hate a trial with Viking FK.
Where did u play in Australia?

but my coaches pprobably liked me most because I took free kicks and scored often.
:eek: Good to meet you Jose Luis ;)

++ [ originally posted by JUVESUPPORTER ] ++
But :)frown:) when I turned 13 I decided to quit football to hang out with me m8s more.
You silly silly boy. Anyone with real talent really shouldn't squander it like that :(

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
Yeah, I know... :down:

I was supposed to play in the Gothia cup the year I came back to Bosnia. If I had only stayed in Sweden a few more months and played there, well, who knows...

OP
Gandalf

Gandalf

Jul 28, 2003
  • Thread Starter #33
    I've got injured yesterday.. :wallbang: two weeks off :wallbang:
    But hey, we can start the handicapped now.. just leave gray out of it.. or he can be the ref.. ;)

gray

Apr 22, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by Al Harbi ] ++
    I've got injured yesterday.. :wallbang: two weeks off :wallbang:
    But hey, we can start the handicapped now.. just leave gray out of it.. or he can be the ref.. ;)
    I'll send Zlatan off if he coughs in the box :p

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
    didn't we have a thread like this....

anyhow, i have a couple of positions.

till 2 years ago, i've mostly played as a Left Back. Then i joined a team and i adopted the CB Role. I play either a Sweeper or a Stopper, but i prefer when the coach plays me as a sweeper because i like to be the last man and control the offside. i also get to get into the minds of the attackers and read they're thoughts without having to have much of they're physique.

I've always enjoyed playing a more attacking role, but i've never had the ability to shoot and the calmness to destribute the ball.

Two years ago, i joined another team (crappy team) and started getting comfortable playing as a left-sided playmaker (like D'Alessandro) or a support striker on the left (Like Del Piero). since then i've been getting a lot better. i now have better vision and i feel more comfotable on the ball. I've always thought i had good ball control and i could read the game well (that's why i excell playing CB).....or so everyone says.

So, i guess i could play in 4 positions now:
    1. CB: most comfortable. and more experience here.
    2. LB: to satisfy both attacking and defending role.
    3. Playmaker: Very fun, because i enjoying playing a lot of threw balls.
    4. Support striker (left side): see #3.

Dhaliwich

Aug 24, 2003
    I play Defensive midfielder in a local club in my town, Kolding, Denmark. But I have been having some problems with my left thigh, so I haven't been playin for two weeks now. Hope to be back in action when the indoors season kicks off. If I should compair myself to a juve player ( Style) it would have to Conte. I may not be the fastest player, or the one with the best teqnuieqe, but I always give 100%.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
    I played for a few years when I was younger in the mid 80's for my high school and I played for my friends' Portugese Club teams during that time as well. I was tall and thin, so they put me in as a striker to start off. Once I started to fill out, they moved me to CB. The problem was, I was a better American Football player than soccer player, so that's where I drifted to. Played Safety and Wide Receiver in high school. Played baseball also. That was my first love back then. 3rd base and Center Field.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)