Diego Lugano (12 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zaim

Dec 1, 2007
He was OK..made a few good tackles, but for the rest he was average. I dont think it would be smart to sign him. If the defence would be Zebina - Lugano - Chiellini - LB, we would play half the season with 1 or 2 of them missing, because they are all players who can get booked very easily. Zapata should be the priority CB target.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
I like him and wish we had signed him last summer.

Tough, a leader of the back line and captain of Uruguay.

Just a bit prone to bookings.

Dec 6, 2007
Juve In Talks To Sign Alex & Lugano
Juventus sporting director Alessio Secco is in talks to sign Fenerbahce’s Alex and Diego Lugano, the duo’s agent has confirmed.

galleria zoom The Bianconeri are certain to sign a top-class centre midfielder in the summer, and have been linked with a host of names including Rafael van der Vaart, Diego and Frank Lampard.

Brazilian playmaker Alex has been one of the stars of Fenerbahce’s surprise Champions League campaign, and he was sensational during a group game against Inter last September.

Meanwhile the centre back position is another area that has proved troublesome for Juve this season, and this is not the first time that the club has been linked with Uruguayan stopper Diego Lugano.

The 27-year-old is the captain of his national team, and he also comes with the added bonus of holding an Italian passport.

"We are negotiating for Lugano. The talks have begun,” Lugano and Alex’s agent, Juan Figger, told calciomercato.com

"I've also spoken with Alessio Secco about Alex."

Gianni Wilson

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 12)