Diego DONE DEAL(read posts #1 & #4786) (74 Viewers)

Who deserves credit for this signing?

• Secco

• Blanc

• Badass Devil

• Moggi

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 15, 2006
Diego: I'll be Zidane's heir.

Interview in Italian here
Even if he's half of what Zidane was, then I'm overjoyed at his aspirations.

EDIT:
If he gives 50% of what Zizou gave us, I'll be pleased.
50% of Zizou is more than a 100% of this whole current midfield.

I meant play wise, but I'll take that as well.
so in reality diego only has to give 25% percent of what zizou gave :D
Whoa! I didn't even read your posts before doing mine :D

v1rtu4l

Mar 4, 2008
50% of what Zizou gave is still 50% of what Zizou gave.
25% of what zidane could've given us equals 50% of what zidane gave us ( if you think he did only give 50% all the time)

but think back when we got zidane from girondins bordeaux... he was no way as hyped as diego now ... so chances are good that diego will become a even better player than he is right now ...

i remember seeing a poster of zidane in his old bordeaux dress, when the news was told that he was going to join juve.

i just thought, damn the guy is not even 30 and already looses his hair ... apart from that you did not even hear one thing from him (here in germany)
iirc he was pretty unknown on the international level

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Diego: I'll be Zidane's heir.

Interview in Italian here

He meant to say Zidane's hair, since the balding Frenchman's receding hairline has been causing him problems recently :p :D

What's up with all the percentages? Btw, how did you fare on your exam Martin? Did the FOB come in handy? I hope u didn't forget ur bill of lading :p Was it you or Mikey who had an exam? I forgot :D

Ok, back on topic, I really can't help but feel elated with the impending arrival of Diego. He is no Zizou, and in all fairness it would be unfair to compare him to the Frenchman, but he has his own style and substance. Let's embrace the arrival of this magnificent player, and hope he brings us moments of joy and paves the way for a new winning cycle. Diego is Diego, and Zidane is Zidane ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 73)