Diego DONE DEAL(read posts #1 & #4786) (10 Viewers)

Who deserves credit for this signing?

• Secco

• Blanc

• Badass Devil

• Moggi

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Who cares what Sali thinks? It's not like he is indispensable to this team. As for the concept of retiring numbers, I don't think it's a good idea. Otherwise, we should have retired Platini's, Sivori's, Zidane's, and Baggio's jerseys just to name a few.

As for the formation, I really think next season will be Del Piero's final season with the club (or at least his final season as a starter), and he should be alternating with Giovinco, or they could be used in tandem, depending on the formation. Del Piero will need all the playing time he can get to earn a call-up to the national team for the 2010 world cup, but I would also like to see Giovinco get sufficient playing time. It would be great if Del Piero, Giovinco, and Cassano all make it to the WC 2010 in South Africa.

we can play a 4-3-1-2 with Diego in the hole behind Amauri and Del Piero/Giovinco, with Sissoko, Marchisio, and Asamoah/Camo/Zanetti shoring up the midfield; alternatively, we could play a 4-2-3-1 with Diego, Giovinco, and Del Piero/Camo all supporting a lone striker in Amauri, with Sissoko and Marchisio marshalling the midfield.

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
we can play a 4-3-1-2 with Diego in the hole behind Amauri and Del Piero/Giovinco, with Sissoko, Marchisio, and Asamoah/Camo/Zanetti shoring up the midfield; alternatively, we could play a 4-2-3-1 with Diego, Giovinco, and Del Piero/Camo all supporting a lone striker in Amauri, with Sissoko and Marchisio marshalling the midfield.
I agree with you on this however i think the club would have to invest in a good two way midfielder to partner marchisio and sissoko. Hamsik would be great tgo get for this role.

----------sissoko---marchisio---hamsik

---------------------diego------

------------benzema----giovinco

The future would like bright with that.

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
Hopefully, next year we will rearrange a lot of numbers.
Numbers 7,8,11,21 should/could be reissued!

But just wait and see whos leaving and who is coming first...

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
Diego's Juve Euro glory dreams

Diego’s Werder Bremen are in the UEFA Cup Final, but he is already looking forward to the Champions League with Juventus.

“There is a moment in everyone’s career when a player must look ahead to the top targets. I won with Santos, I won with Porto and have grown so much in Bremen,” he told Tuttosport newspaper.

“But I am ambitious. I dream of the Champions League trophy in my hands and a starring role for Brazil in the 2010 World Cup tournament in South Africa.

“I have said many times I admire Serie A very much and it is my favourite League of all. As for business, I just focus on playing, the rest is down to my father Djair.”

A transfer to Turin was already on the cards last season, but Diego finally seems set to complete the move in the next few weeks.

It was reported one of the main reasons for the delay was that Claudio Ranieri did not think Diego would fit into the 4-4-2 system.

As Ranieri is set to leave at the end of the season anyway, that is no longer a problem for the Bianconeri.

“My characteristics are clear. I like to take the initiative, play the ball and go for goal. If my teammates don’t pass me the ball, I go to get it myself!

“My objective is to help Werder win the UEFA Cup and German Cup, even though it makes me sad I’ll be suspended against Shakhtar Donetsk,” added Diego, who picked up a yellow card in the semi-final with Hamburg.

Werder Bremen have been adamant they will not release the Brazilian, but his position is very clear.

“The club has the right to decide, but I also have that privilege when it comes to what is best for me and my career. For now the conversations are between directors and my representatives.

“Juve are a fantastic squad, I have been saying this for months. In Brazil they are the most popular club and were after me right from my time at Santos. Plus Juve have the strongest goalkeeper in the world, Gianluigi Buffon.”
--------------------------------------------------------------------

If this doesn't make Gigi stay, nothing will :D

BTW You guys want Diego to play in the Confederations Cup?

Mar 10, 2009
Eℓvin;1982987 said:

Diego’s Werder Bremen are in the UEFA Cup Final, but he is already looking forward to the Champions League with Juventus.

“There is a moment in everyone’s career when a player must look ahead to the top targets. I won with Santos, I won with Porto and have grown so much in Bremen,” he told Tuttosport newspaper.

“But I am ambitious. I dream of the Champions League trophy in my hands and a starring role for Brazil in the 2010 World Cup tournament in South Africa.

“I have said many times I admire Serie A very much and it is my favourite League of all. As for business, I just focus on playing, the rest is down to my father Djair.”

A transfer to Turin was already on the cards last season, but Diego finally seems set to complete the move in the next few weeks.

It was reported one of the main reasons for the delay was that Claudio Ranieri did not think Diego would fit into the 4-4-2 system.

As Ranieri is set to leave at the end of the season anyway, that is no longer a problem for the Bianconeri.

“My characteristics are clear. I like to take the initiative, play the ball and go for goal. If my teammates don’t pass me the ball, I go to get it myself!

“My objective is to help Werder win the UEFA Cup and German Cup, even though it makes me sad I’ll be suspended against Shakhtar Donetsk,” added Diego, who picked up a yellow card in the semi-final with Hamburg.

Werder Bremen have been adamant they will not release the Brazilian, but his position is very clear.

“The club has the right to decide, but I also have that privilege when it comes to what is best for me and my career. For now the conversations are between directors and my representatives.

“Juve are a fantastic squad, I have been saying this for months. In Brazil they are the most popular club and were after me right from my time at Santos. Plus Juve have the strongest goalkeeper in the world, Gianluigi Buffon.”
--------------------------------------------------------------------

If this doesn't make Gigi stay, nothing will :D

BTW You guys want Diego to play in the Confederations Cup?
yea its also on football italia

Jul 2, 2006
translate please?

Il Manager del Bayern ha detto in un'intervista riportata dal sito Sport1 che ancora non è deciso che Diego finisca veramente alla Juve e che lui ha l'impressione (e forse anche le sue informazioni) che Diego preferisce giocare nel Bayern e non nella Juve.

Questo è in generale anche la sensazione che ti danno i media tedeschi.

A Monaco molti sono convinti che Diego l'anno prossimo farà parte del Bayern...

http://www.sport1.de/de/fussball/fussball_bundesliga/artikel_103714.html

dogsarecute

Aug 7, 2008
Eℓvin;1982987 said:
I would think Real Madrid or AC Milan are more popular isn't it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)