Diego DONE DEAL(read posts #1 & #4786) (6 Viewers)

Who deserves credit for this signing?

• Secco

• Blanc

• Badass Devil

• Moggi

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lo-Pan

Disciple of Gonzo
Feb 11, 2009
that was a wicked watch, Osman...And it persuaded me, or merely confirmed in me, that Diego is capable of giving us a massive dose of something we have desperately lacked this season...namely, creation and flair between the midfield and attack. Nedved has done his best, but his best years are far behind him. Camo has been injured and angry more than useful. Marchionni is as suited to football as a turtle is to living in the trees...Momo and Marchisio, have both done well, but their positions are not focused in any way on creativity. Momo is a destroyer of men, not a craftsmen. And while claudio is deployable as a more central position player than Momo, in the midfield area, and he likes to shoot from range, he hasn't had the chance, hasn't been asked to, or simply is unable of, providing killer through balls to set up the forwards for chances on goal. Tiago has done nothing to impress me. poulsen has been more dead than alive, and is more a Cruncher like Momo than a player capable of opening up opposition defences...So who has left, this season, to create??? Only Giovinco, who has shown he can play the role, in patches, when he is used sparingly and generally only from the start if every other player is injured, or has upset Ranieri...I am sure that had he been given more opportunites at not only left wing, but also the right wing, and in attack, he would have given far more this season. It could have been HIS season. And it must be soon, else his potential will be wasted, either by never getting a chance to shine, or by his departure to a club who recognize his talents...

I am talking about pure creative spark. Or consistently high quality crossing or passing...

Its true that we have class strikers. While nobody possesses true pace ( this is one of the reasons why i am so eager to see Giovinco deployed in Del Piero's role, further up the field, as he has more pace than any of our other attackers)...they can all finish.

This season the service to them has been terrible...all too often : Non Existent.

Our defence has come under intense scrutiny regularly because of the lack of decent ball players in midfield...We have two, perhaps even three if Poulsen proves his worth, ball winners. But no, established and consistent, ball player...It makes me angrier at ranieri...For with alonso signed last summer, this year would have been very different for us. But there is not much point time traveling, at least into our recent past, because it aint a pleasant ride...

The future however, with this brazillian lad on board, looks infinitely brighter.

I like the idea of having two brazillians in the attacking area of our team. Diego would bring out the best in Amauri...and every other player who can shoot and likes to get into good positions.

Its encouraging to see the little fella getting mashed by those filthy krouts, week in, week out...should have toughened him up a little, prepared him for the cynical nature of The Art of Italian Football Thuggery. Because a man of his skill will surely be stomped at every opportunity. But with Marchiso and Momo to protect him, I am confident he will be safe and able to improve both himself and the team, astronomically...

Yes our defence is weak. At least on the flanks...The rest of our budget could be spent on a left back or right back, and maybe a centreback to learn with cannavaro...that would be fine. a decent transfer campaign.

its so simple that Ranieri, Seccom, Blanc, Cogli, must all be able to see it...
we need creativity. GET DIEGO...we have the money. he wants to come. lets not quibble over a few millions above or below our hoped for end fee. Lets get him. He is class. One major problem solved.

Cannavaro...OK, he is free. Is likely to dramatically improve every other centre back we have. He was one of the greatest defenders in the world, only a few years back. And while his physical capabilities have changed, mainly his pace, he will come straight in as our number 2 Centre Back. His experience will be vital and effective.

If we bring back Criscito, which makes sense, bearing in mind our desperate need for defensive improvements, and also his solid season with an over performing (or extremely well coached) Genoa team. Also, our worst defenders are on the flanks. He has played on the left for Genoa. Surely we must give him a try on the left...if he is in any way better than Molinaro there, we should give him the role. De Ceglie can learn from him. Moli can be sold to man city for 25m zimbabwean dollars$$$$....

So far, we have signed only diego, and canna...criscito is already ours. if we want him back, whether he likes it or not...two problems solved.

Which would surely leave us some money to spend on either another centreback, with Legro or Mellberg or Knezvic or Grygera or Zebina leaving, and, or, a right back, better than Zebina, Mellberg or Grygera.

That simple recipe. Diego, Canna, Criscito and RB, is within our means and would help the team improve, it would stretch the limits of our potential, in the Right direction.

Gio can spend next season covering for Diego, and covering for Del Piero as well as starting in DPs place when the old boy gets tired...

David01

Aug 20, 2006
I agree, the problem is that our strikers don't get enough decent crosses and virtually nothing comes down the middle cuz we lack the players for this
Tiago was supposed to do this but we all know how he handles this
that's what you get when you have tons of dm and no creativity
we are always talking about replacing Nedved but we also need a good sub for Camo
he is injured a lot and when he plays it is inconsistent
he really is nearing the end, he is playing like Nedved
one really good game and then three really bad ones
no consistency
and off course they get no support from our backs who are no Juve material
or does our standard need to be lowered
maybe we expect too much from this team

only-juve

Jan 5, 2008
So bayern munich now wants Diego according to Uli Hoeness if Ribery is going to leave this summer. Kaka most likely will be sold to madrid this summer so the door is open for milan to sign diego. And Inter allready showed interest in signing Diego....

I'd say our chances in signing him is 0%. Let's move on to other targets better than wasting the summer following him and ending up rushing to sign someone else at the end of the summer who would be a disastor.

Hope we don't end up doing the same mistake for the third year in a row:

milito==>andrade xavi alonso==>poulsen diego==>??

Showdown25

Dag-nabit!
Apr 17, 2009
So bayern munich now wants Diego according to Uli Hoeness if Ribery is going to leave this summer. Kaka most likely will be sold to madrid this summer so the door is open for milan to sign diego. And Inter allready showed interest in signing Diego....

I'd say our chances in signing him is 0%. Let's move on to other targets better than wasting the summer following him and ending up rushing to sign someone else at the end of the summer who would be a disastor.

Hope we don't end up doing the same mistake for the third year in a row:

milito==>andrade xavi alonso==>poulsen diego==>??
Keiron Dyer??? :shifty: :frown: :cry:

Nicholas

MIRKO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jan 30, 2008
There is no way Werder will sell him to a direct rival in the Bundesliga. As for Inter and Milan the player himself has only stated one club and that is Juve.

Showdown25

Dag-nabit!
Apr 17, 2009
I hope and pray that we already have some sort of agreement with Bremen. Munich seem to already know Ribery will leave this summer and now they want Diego. Soooo, we get Bayern to sell us Ribery and in exchange we pull out of the 'race' to sign Diego and leave him to them. Whooo hoooo! Only in my dreams...

That would be some kind of f'in sweet though. Ribery would be ideal for us.

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
There is no way Werder will sell him to a direct rival in the Bundesliga. As for Inter and Milan the player himself has only stated one club and that is Juve.
You don't understand the level of idiocy these guys operate on every now and again but sometimes Bayern have too much pulling power( as the case was with Klose). Then again you get players like borowski and olic who are both stars in their teams but somehow left till their last year on their contracts.

Dec 26, 2004
I like how the mind of the so called optimistic operate.

Munich is planning to sign Diego as a replacement of Ribery who of course will be signing for Juventus...

We will sell Buffon for 50m, Trezeguet for 25m, Poulsen for 10K and use the money to buy Vidic, Maicon, Xabi, Diego and Cassano.

I'm waiting to hear their comments when summer ends with the likes of Cannavaro, D'Agostino and Floccari.

Showdown25

Dag-nabit!
Apr 17, 2009
LOL Buffon 50mil, Trez 25m, Poulsen 10g's.

No but seriously, I doubt we'd get anymore then 15m for Trez and that's being optimistic. Probably in the region of 10-12 is the most realistic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)