Diego DONE DEAL(read posts #1 & #4786) (20 Viewers)

Who deserves credit for this signing?

• Secco

• Blanc

• Badass Devil

• Moggi

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Stevie

Mar 30, 2003
here is all the goals from that match in HQ:

I have to say i am very impressed please sign this player a.s.ap! i hope his price didnt just go up....

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

This is always a possibility, but I don't really see it happening; I genuinely think our league suits his skill set... and goddam did I ever love watching him rape AC Milan right out of the UEFA cup. 2 fantastic CL assists that game.

Plus, that assist number you gave of 5 for the season (Bundesliga, not CL) is relative to his support - if his teammates don't convert passes, there's nothing more the setup man can do... and those 10 goals he has would be, what, second on our team right now?

You also left out the most important stat relative to those numbers: He's only played 18 league games this year to accrue 10 goals and 5 assists. That's pretty impressive, IMO. It's obviously quite difficult to find a rhythm when recovering from injuries... continuity is crucial.

It all comes down to how much $ we're willing to give up. I say in the range of 20M + Tiago, or 24M Euro straight cash would be a reasonable deal for a player who in my opinion is second best in the Bundesliga, and hugely marketable...

I've always been all about Silva, but Diego would be a pretty HUGE signing for us. I think in a lot of ways it would signify to the fans - and players around the world- that Juventus is a top class destination once more. As long as we change up the formation, bring back Criscito, and sign a top class RB, I would definitely be on board for this move.
I'm a huge Diego doubter/critic, so take that with a pinch of salt.

I find him immensly overrated and fairly inconsistent. The type of player that shines in one game and fades away in the next 3. About his teammates, well he's not Trezeguet who is completelly dependant on his teammates. He's a player who's put on the pitch to organise it and raise the level of the whole team, the team is built around him.

I just don't like the type of player he is. To be a fantasista, you have to be out of this world. You have to be the player the opponent needs to close down. You need to be that every single game. If he's not, the team loses. And I'm sorry but he doesn't fit the bill in my opinion, he's not Kaka, even though most of you guys feel otherwise. I've watched Werder games lots of times where he was constantly strolling on the pitch, simply "not having his day".

And I don't want that, he doesn't fit even fit our system and in the end we have Giovinco. That money can be better spent elsewhere. But that's just me.

Sep 1, 2002
It would be great to have Diego, but with every performance in Europe like last night's, he slips further from our grasp.

His value is rising each game now and beyond that which our board has to spend on any single player.

Of course if they do decide to cash in on Buffon, then it will indeed be another matter.

Oggy

and the Cockroaches
Dec 27, 2005
I'm a huge Diego doubter/critic, so take that with a pinch of salt.

I find him immensly overrated and fairly inconsistent. The type of player that shines in one game and fades away in the next 3. About his teammates, well he's not Trezeguet who is completelly dependant on his teammates. He's a player who's put on the pitch to organise it and raise the level of the whole team, the team is built around him.

I just don't like the type of player he is. To be a fantasista, you have to be out of this world. You have to be the player the opponent needs to close down. You need to be that every single game. If he's not, the team loses. And I'm sorry but he doesn't fit the bill in my opinion, he's not Kaka, even though most of you guys feel otherwise. I've watched Werder games lots of times where he was constantly strolling on the pitch, simply "not having his day".

And I don't want that, he doesn't fit even fit our system and in the end we have Giovinco. That money can be better spent elsewhere. But that's just me.

:agree:

I'm almost 100% sure that he will choke and like you said at one game he looks terrific but in next few he is nothing but average. And we all know that to be a top class you need to perform constantly well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 20)