Diego DONE DEAL(read posts #1 & #4786) (4 Viewers)

Who deserves credit for this signing?

• Secco

• Blanc

• Badass Devil

• Moggi

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

neurosis21

Jun 22, 2004
i still think

---------------------amauri/trez-----------------

---------delpiero/gio---------diego---------------

------------------------tiago------------------------

--------------marchisio/sisso-----poulsen----------------

moli/deceglie--chiellini--legrotaglie--zebina/grygera

in order to do this i think iaq will be sold.

or

----------------del piero/iaq----amauri/trez------------

-------------------------giovinco/diego----------------------

--------deceglie/marchisio--------camo/marchionni/tiago-----

---------------------------poulsen/sisso------------------

in this giovinco will most likely never get a shot in this formation

the thing is will ranieri really consider such a big overhaul of his tactical plans?
both systems are a big change from the typical 4-4-2 he likes
although he has hinted at some times that he considers/considered an attacking trident and hence a 4-3-3

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
i still think

---------------------amauri/trez-----------------

---------delpiero/gio---------diego---------------

------------------------tiago------------------------

--------------marchisio/sisso-----poulsen----------------

moli/deceglie--chiellini--legrotaglie--zebina/grygera

in order to do this i think iaq will be sold.

or

----------------del piero/iaq----amauri/trez------------

-------------------------giovinco/diego----------------------

--------deceglie/marchisio--------camo/marchionni/tiago-----

---------------------------poulsen/sisso------------------

in this giovinco will most likely never get a shot in this formation
For any of the two formations to work they will need two very competent full backs both offensively and defensively. They will provide the natural width in the diamond and would bring up the ball from the back in the 433. In the 442 although its evident in our case, its not detrimental because you can have difference makers that provide that width in the midfield or even in attack.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
yes, sissoko does roam too much. we can do it like milan where pirlo is infront of defence and gattuso more on the right (as starting spot)

momo is our gattuso and poulsen our "pirlo"
I see where your coming from and i strongly agree. I said it before, Sissoko is not disciplined enough to play in that sole holding midfielder role, he's more of a player that covers a lot of ground and likes to close opponents down. He'd fit in more in the "Gattuso role" indeed.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
I see where ya folks are coming from (fred/virtual) I just think Momo would be too restricted from doing what he does best on just one side, and that is breaking up play. Unless Marchisio can instill that killer instinct on himself on the left side I would be fine with Momo on the right. But like I said on the last page, were Momo in the middle he would have two pretty quality passers to both sides of him as a release valve. Should he drift from side to side, the two outside (marchisio/pouslen) could drop back in his place. Besides, if he were to push up the right side in attack for whatever reason, he is not the strongest crosser and its marchionni all over again. Poulsen would do a fine job as a spine in the midfield, but we wouldn't using Momo to his full potential I feel. What do you all think? perhaps I'm wrong, unless you already expect Momo to drift from side to side starting on the right side?

Giovinco20

Juventini Forever
Nov 24, 2008
Juve have Diego date

Juventus and Werder Bremen have finally set a meeting date to discuss the future of Brazilian midfield star Diego.

The Bianconeri have been chasing the gifted playmaker for months and Diego has hinted that he would welcome a move to Turin.

Finally it seems that idle speculation could be replaced by something concrete as a date has been set to discuss a possible transfer.

According to Tuttosport, at the request of the player's father and agent Djair da Cunha, Juve sporting director Alessio Secco and Bremen counterpart Klaus Allofs have agreed to meet at the end of March.

Secco was reportedly keen to begin negotiations sooner, but Werder have delayed talks due to their Bundesliga and UEFA Cup engagements.

While the German outfit seem resigned to losing Diego at the end of the campaign, they have indicated that they won't sell him for less than £30m.

Juve don't have these funds at their disposal, but they may be able to find a compromise, possibly in the form of a part-exchange deal.

Channel 4

only-juve

Jan 5, 2008
Juve have Diego date

Juventus and Werder Bremen have finally set a meeting date to discuss the future of Brazilian midfield star Diego.

The Bianconeri have been chasing the gifted playmaker for months and Diego has hinted that he would welcome a move to Turin.

Finally it seems that idle speculation could be replaced by something concrete as a date has been set to discuss a possible transfer.

According to Tuttosport, at the request of the player's father and agent Djair da Cunha, Juve sporting director Alessio Secco and Bremen counterpart Klaus Allofs have agreed to meet at the end of March.

Secco was reportedly keen to begin negotiations sooner, but Werder have delayed talks due to their Bundesliga and UEFA Cup engagements.

While the German outfit seem resigned to losing Diego at the end of the campaign, they have indicated that they won't sell him for less than £30m.

Juve don't have these funds at their disposal, but they may be able to find a compromise, possibly in the form of a part-exchange deal.

Channel 4
30 mil my ass......

- vOnAm -

Jul 22, 2004
I'm getting more anxious waiting to see who we buy, Diego as a player is great, he has the grit and determination of Pavel Nedved IMO, only he plays in a different position.

I just hope we don't end up like last year.

Lo-Pan

Disciple of Gonzo
Feb 11, 2009
30 million sterlings sounds too much, not just for us, but for Diego. For that kind of money I would expect to see Ribery...And if Bremen stick to that figure, or near to it, we are better of with Silva. They are both young, and capable of improving our creative options going forward. Still, who knows...I saw figures of 40million EUROS banded around as our summer transfer war chest, so maybe we could afford it and will...Just seems better value to grab Silva for around 20million, then invest the rest on new fullbacks and cover for Camo.

RAMI-N

★ ★ ★
Aug 22, 2006
30 million sterlings sounds too much, not just for us, but for Diego. For that kind of money I would expect to see Ribery...And if Bremen stick to that figure, or near to it, we are better of with Silva. They are both young, and capable of improving our creative options going forward. Still, who knows...I saw figures of 40million EUROS banded around as our summer transfer war chest, so maybe we could afford it and will...Just seems better value to grab Silva for around 20million, then invest the rest on new fullbacks and cover for Camo.
That's just insane...

David01

Aug 20, 2006
I love Diego he would solve so many of our problems
what is it with Ranieri? who would say n to such a player
is he married to a 4-4-2?
the one time he doesn't want him because he won't fit his system and the other time he wants him bad
oig he walks in mysterious ways

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Juve have Diego date

Channel 4

:shifty: that worries me

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Too much and right now I don't think he's worth the risk.

If we're buying Silva or someone and if we're planning to use him on the left we better be ready to buy some AMR as well because Camo is always injured.Marco and Hasan should NOT be in our starting XI plans.

4-3-3 god damnit.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Too much and right now I don't think he's worth the risk.

If we're buying Silva or someone and if we're planning to use him on the left we better be ready to buy some AMR as well because Camo is always injured.Marco and Hasan should NOT be in our starting XI plans.

4-3-3 god damnit
That's my sig gosh damnit:pumpkin:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)