Diego DONE DEAL(read posts #1 & #4786) (18 Viewers)

Who deserves credit for this signing?

• Secco

• Blanc

• Badass Devil

• Moggi

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tassard

Jul 30, 2004
Hang on, we shouldn't improve our team? That's basically what some of you are saying. So what if getting Diego means we need to get new FBs aswell, we need to anyway. We should still get Diego.

The question is, will Diego improve the team in overall?(I mean better results).
We will be much better offensively, but what about the defence?
Ok, the team will score more than now, but what if we concede more than now?

Don't get me wrong, I really want Diego.But I think that we should fisrtly build a good defence.

And how do you know that?

Marchionni doesn't add anything offensively OR defensively. Nedved may add something defensively but it's not as much as people think.

Come on, there is a big difference between 1 player covering the flank, and 2 players doing this.This is evident.

Our full backs are not good, but we still can take some important results in the big games(see Madrid, Milan etc).
With a trequartista and Molinaro and Grygera, and a 4-3-1-2 we won't be able to do this IMO.

So, YES to Diego, but also bring 2 more players with him.

Amaurisimo

Dec 8, 2007
u are right, but i also know that we are getting 2 full backs, so there should not be panic over that.

Our management is much smarter than some fans might think, have a faith my friends....

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
It's all a load of bullshit. Some people here really piss me off. You want to use a the straight 4-4-2 because our fullbacks are terrible, yet you lot seem to be okay with keeping the same players back there. Then we continue using the same stupid formation that shouldn't be used because we don't have the players for it.

It's pretty fucking sad that we can't sign great players just because our fullbacks are crap, but therein lies the problem. Some people are just pussies, afraid of taking chances, which is why this club at it's current state and current leaders won't win anything.

It's a valid point.

If we change to 4-3-1-2, we do need to sign at least one new fullback to maintain the balance of the side.

If the club is going to do this, I have no problem with signing Diego. If they are not willing to make improvements in the fullback areas, then a left winger would seem to be a better option than Diego.

C4ISR

Dec 18, 2005
Zhirkov. :lol2: Some people's fascination with him is frankly idiotic.

To think that people want that guy instead of Diego just because it "fits our system" is so... Imbecilic. Congratulations.
I said it was my guess for next summer, not what I wanted. The fact remains a winger fits better into our system than Diego, and u have yet to prove otherwise. No need to be a dick about it, although that seems to be your style when u have nothing constructive to say.

There is nothing wrong with our 4-4-2, just the players we use in it. A better winger and playing 1 defensive mid alongside some1 who can pass the ball, and we would look much better.

If our 'horrible' 4-4-2, ravaged by injury and filled with players who don't play their role properly can manage 2nd, I'm confident we can do better with a few upgrades, rather than spending the majority of our tranfer budget on 1 player and creating even more unbalance.

Marc

Softcore Juventino
Jul 14, 2006
I said it was my guess for next summer, not what I wanted. The fact remains a winger fits better into our system than Diego, and u have yet to prove otherwise. No need to be a dick about it, although that seems to be your style when u have nothing constructive to say.

There is nothing wrong with our 4-4-2, just the players we use in it. A better winger and playing 1 defensive mid alongside some1 who can pass the ball, and we would look much better.

If our 'horrible' 4-4-2, ravaged by injury and filled with players who don't play their role properly can manage 2nd, I'm confident we can do better with a few upgrades, rather than spending the majority of our tranfer budget on 1 player and creating even more unbalance.
Exactly. Our system works and is pretty good and tested, and it would work better with players of higher quality, which we should focus on rather than creating a Barcelona-style champagne football filled with lots of creativity that is reliant on a silly, overrated Brazilian samba dancer known as Diego who will be a nobody in 5 years just like Ronaldinho is now. And mind you, Diego is not even 1/10 of a player Ronnie was at his best which lasted not too long. The thing is, with Diego and the new system we will become even more reliant on one player (Diego) and when he doesn't have his day (and that is happening a lot this season) we will truly become a midtable team, just like Werder. Sure, they play gung-ho attacking and attractive football but they also concede 2 goals per game and are hanging 5 points out of the relegation zone.

Fuck Diego and change of the system.

Amaurisimo

Dec 8, 2007
Exactly. Our system works and is pretty good and tested, and it would work better with players of higher quality, which we should focus on rather than creating a Barcelona-style champagne football filled with lots of creativity that is reliant on a silly, overrated Brazilian samba dancer known as Diego who will be a nobody in 5 years just like Ronaldinho is now. And mind you, Diego is not even 1/10 of a player Ronnie was at his best which lasted not too long. The thing is, with Diego and the new system we will become even more reliant on one player (Diego) and when he doesn't have his day (and that is happening a lot this season) we will truly become a midtable team, just like Werder. Sure, they play gung-ho attacking and attractive football but they also concede 2 goals per game and are hanging 5 points out of the relegation zone.

:tup: :beer:

RAMI-N

★ ★ ★
Aug 22, 2006

:agree: D.Silva will be more beneficial to us... but also to keep the current system we need 2 world class full backs :shifty:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 16)