Diego Capel (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Again man am not saying am 100% sure he'll fail in italy but i say there is a big gamble in buying him. I have other opinions that people may not except but i believe they r true like for instance that arsenal r an average team without arsene wenger. I always had doubts about their players even if they play really great in their team (i belive once they switch to other teams they become average perhaps just good).......
Thats quite a good point actually..but what has that got to do with anything?

You still havent given a convincing reasonable footballing reason why Capel would fail in Italy...him being spanish isnt a reason.

Buy on AliExpress.com

vimo

Apr 1, 2006
come on people... stop that! You are both right. on the one hand, a player DOES NOT fail because he is spanish, that's nonsense, but i don't think that's what onlyjuve wanted to say. I agree with him in some way when considering the styles of the leagues. I believe that serie-a is very special and very hard to get used to IF you are used to the spanish league. Now we could start a neverending discussion about whether or not spanish players can or want to adopt to italian serie-a-football, but that's just useless. Let's wait and see what happens in the next transfer-window.

jukazem

Feb 10, 2007
hell no to diego capel. he ain't that good. true he had a great game against barca but otherwise he is far from being seville's best player. c poulson,d alves, kanoute or fabiano or even adriano are better. besides he is only 19, what would our primavera players think? de cegli or giovinco? they deserve a chance much more than diego capel.

Thunderball

May 4, 2007
hell no to diego capel. he ain't that good. true he had a great game against barca but otherwise he is far from being seville's best player. c poulson,d alves, kanoute or fabiano or even adriano are better. besides he is only 19, what would our primavera players think? de cegli or giovinco? they deserve a chance much more than diego capel.
Ideally, you would find a place for all three of Capel, De Ceglie and Giovinco, at the expense of guys like Marchionni, Salihamidzic and Olivera.

He has the raw skill set to really take off in a couple years, and with the core getting older and the need for strong depth, this is a risk I take.

OP
Marceℓℓo

Marceℓℓo

Mar 16, 2007
  • Thread Starter #65
    I didn't bother opening a thread cause there isn't a quote in any of the articles, always trying to take my information as your own, should be ashamed of yourself :D
    There you go...
    Juve eye alternative Diego Wednesday 13 February, 2008

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Juventus are being linked with Sevilla youngster Diego Capel as a possible alternative to Werder Bremen’s Diego.

The Old Lady’s chances of luring Brazilian star Diego received a serious blow earlier this week when Werder Bremen insisted that they wouldn’t sell the 22-year-old for £15m.

Now it seems that Juve will have to look elsewhere as they look to strengthen a midfield that may lose Pavel Nedved – either to retirement or to the J-League - in the summer.

Reports in Spanish newspaper Sport indicate that the Bianconeri are keeping an eye on 20-year-old winger Capel, who is impressing in La Liga.

“It’s a surprise for me that the Press are talking about Capel in terms of the transfer market because it is too soon to talk about the future,”
    agent Rene Ramos told Calciomercato.com.

“I can say that he still has three years on his contract at Sevilla and that there is a rescission clause set at £8.5m.

“I haven’t been contacted by any clubs or by Sevilla, who would have to hear about any deal first. Capel’s only focus at the moment is doing well for the Rojiblancos.”

-Channel 4

soulslider

Rregula sound
    May 16, 2006
    Capel to Juve talk cooled

Winger focused on Sevilla

Diego Capel's agent has expressed surprise at reports linking Juventus with a bid
    for the Sevilla winger.

Juventus are rumoured to have switched their sights to Capel after being warned off Werder Bremen playmaker Diego.

Capel has impressed for the Uefa Cup holders this season and was recently linked with a reunion with former coach Juande Ramos at Tottenham Hotspur.

But the youngster's agent Rene Ramos has not fielded any interest and believes it is premature to be considering the player's future.

Surprise

"It's a surprise for me that the press are talking about Capel in terms of the transfer market because it is too soon to talk about the future," Ramos told calciomercato.com.

"I can say that he still has three years left on his contract at Sevilla and that there is a rescission clause set at £8.5million.

"I haven't been contacted by any clubs or by Sevilla, who would have to hear about any deal first.

"Capel's only focus at the moment is doing well for the Rojiblancos."

skysports.com

Dostoevsky

Tzu
    Administrator
    May 27, 2007
    Barca Lining Up Capel – Report

Barcelona are pondering making a summer swoop for Sevilla star Diego Capel, according to Marca.

The 20-year-old is one of Spain’s most promising young players, and has been in fine form in recent months.

Capel has a minimum-fee release clause in his contract of just €12m and this is said to be very tempting to the Barcelona hierarchy.

The starlet is a pacy and skilful left-winger, who is nicknamed 'Jose-Antonio Reyes’ due to his similarity in play to the Atletico Madrid man.

Others say that his style more resembles that of Manchester United legend Ryan Giggs, when the Welshman was younger.

Barcelona technical director Txiki Beguiristáin has already contacted Capel’s agent to express an interest in the player, whose contract at Sevilla runs out in June 2009.

The fact that the player’s current deal in Andalusia has just over 12 months to runs means that a move to Barca in the summer is very possible.

The Blaugrana are not the only team interested though, and Serie A giants Juventus have also been linked with the youngster in recent weeks.

goal.com

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
    Interesting to see Barca wanting him considering the copious amounts of players they have already.

I dont see the club buying him anyway. Would rather a safe option like Mancini.

Salvo

J
    Dec 17, 2007
    The 20-year-old's agent, Rene, is the brother of Sergio Ramos and during negotiations over the Madrid defender's new contact, Capel's name was put on the table after his lowly buy-out clause was revealed.

Barcelona are also said to be very interested in the new starlet of the Sevilla team, but AS are certain that Capel only has eyes for the Bernabéu and would jump at the chance to join Bernd Schuster's side.

Capel's current buy-out clause stands at just €12m, the report states, but will rise to €15m if he appears in another four games for the Andalucian outfit this season to take his tally to 40 matches. With interest also coming from Premier League clubs like Liverpool and Tottenham Hotspur, if Madrid fail to take up the offer then it could spark a frenzy of negotiations.

Madrid are uncertain whether to splash the cash as they also have eyes for Luis Fabiano and president Ramón Calderón and sporting director Predrag Mijatovic are said to not want to rock the boat with mercurial Sevilla supremo José Maria del Nido. Also Daniel Alves' future is still up in the air with Los Merengues said to be vying with Barcelona for the Brazilian.

After making his debut at just 16 under Joaquín Caparrós, it is only this season that Capel has come to the public's attention with his incredible pace down the left flank and his control and eye for goal. Sevilla are keen on him inking a new contract with a vastly improved buy-out clause, but while the interest remains from Madrid the youngster is not keen to sign any deal.

Lucas Brown, Goal.com
    seems he wants real....he will go there.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)