Didier Drogba - ST - Shanghai Shenhua (10 Viewers)

DD to Juve for 6 months at 3/3.5m €?

• YES

• NO

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
If Drogba can keep himself motivated, he'd be a huge asset for us, particularly in the CL (provided we qualify that is). However, I can't but feel sorry for Del Piero, a club legend who was released, even though I'm quite confident he'd have wanted one final swansong in the CL with the club he gave so much for. He deserved it, and they couldn't afford him that opportunity. Life is unfair I guess.
Del Piero? Like the guy hasn't accomplished enough in his career, that the possibility of a round-of-16 appearance in the CL at age 38 is still needed to make his career complete? As if Del Piero's career will be judged a failure unless he gets to feature for 12 minutes in a CL elimination tie at age 38?? :wth:

I don't think so. No.

Bezzy

The Bookie Queen
Jun 5, 2010
Possession based, fast circulation football up top will end right there...
:cry: :cry:

- - - Updated - - -

our football is so fucking dope and fast why put their an old muscaliar guy. asamoah gives the strenght already.

no reason for pirlo to give balls behind the defense anymore :cry:

May 4, 2011
FYI none of our strikers are 'fast' and Drogba has never been terribly slow to begin with so there is no reason why we wont be able to capitalize from balls over the top of the defence...

Drogba is a far better finisher than our crop up front, far better at holding up play and as a TARGET man... is better at bringing others into the play that Quags, Matri and Nick... If the wages are right... he would be a good short-term compliment to the team. We have experience at the highest level in every area of the field except on the frontline... Buffon, Chiellini, Pirlo, Drogba... thats a nice spine

Bezzy

The Bookie Queen
Jun 5, 2010
I keep say no to Drogba. :stuckup:
and i hope he needs to stay at that Chinese club. save the money and get a striker in summer some one we can build on for years.

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012
I hope we won't get him. Old-superstar who's past it. It looks so Milanish and look where it took them. I prefer our forward line to stay as it is instead of wasting more money on short-term fixes. After all Quag Gio and Vucinic are doing quite well for us. It's an improvement over our last season.

Nardonejuve

Mar 21, 2010
I hope we won't get him. Old-superstar who's past it. It looks so Milanish and look where it took them. I prefer our forward line to stay as it is instead of wasting more money on short-term fixes. After all Quag Gio and Vucinic are doing quite well for us. It's an improvement over our last season.
Yes its an improvement but not by much. Its not the fact that we have scored the most its the fact we've scored the most because of all the chances we create through our mids a dnot our fwd's. If it wasnt for our mids we wouldnt of created so many and there lies the problem. Our strikers do not create enough of their own chances and thats why we need Drogba. Whether you think hes old and going down hill hes still capable of getting shiit done and knows how to create. Even though sometimes our management makes us think they are stupid they are not and they wouldnt spend the money on Drogba if they didnt have enough to spend on a fwd in the future. Remember the CL has a big pay out and if we can get to atleast the quarters and say why not the semis Drogba has earned his money and more. No such thing as guarantees but Drobga is to close to one to pass up because of age. Look at Klose. Guys still banging goals.

Bezzy

The Bookie Queen
Jun 5, 2010
and how come vidal scores easily cos Vuci keeps dropping back from the strikers position which create space for the mids to run into that space. Drogba will block that space cos hé isn't dynamic as Vuci and Quag. those kinds of players don't fit our current style of play and i don't believe we will change it totally fir Drogba. and take with that he has no time to get used to the squad and team since hé won't be able play till February. and their is no pre season or friendies at that point. and the season ends three months later. so all the important matches coming up. i fail to believe we are actually try to get him and so far i remember hè is still player in China.

Nardonejuve

Mar 21, 2010
and how come vidal scores easily cos Vuci keeps dropping back from the strikers position which create space for the mids to run into that space. Drogba will block that space cos hé isn't dynamic as Vuci and Quag. those kinds of players don't fit our current style of play and i don't believe we will change it totally fir Drogba. and take with that he has no time to get used to the squad and team since hé won't be able play till February. and their is no pre season or friendies at that point. and the season ends three months later. so all the important matches coming up. i fail to believe we are actually try to get him and so far i remember hè is still player in China.
This right here tells me you know nothing of Drogba. He comes back quite a bit. He creates his own spaces and knows how to penetrate the gaps and is far more comfortable on the ball in tight situations then any of our forwards. Maybe Vucinic but Drogba out classes Vucinic in the FINISHING department by a land slide.

Our mids and the system Conte has them playing are probably top 4 in the world with Barca Real and Bayern. You can even add Dortmund. Once our team encounters these teams in the CL we will need to rely on our FWD's creating those 1 or 2 brilliant self made scoring opportunity and finishing them. Our forwards frankly dont. they need 4-5-6 before they get a 1-2 goals and we will not get chance after chance against the likes of those mention above. So again Drogba is needed if we progress into the final stages of CL

Robee

Jun 21, 2011
There is no need to be hasty in the CL. Even with Drogba there are many superior teams out there. So let's wait to invest or simply chose someone else in January that actually fits the team.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
getting drogba as soon as he quit chelsea would have been huge for you guys, but now after spending almost a year away from top flight football its not a good idea.

how many of you guys were following him during his time in noodle land?
he was by far their best player in china, but the team were so bad and didn't perform this season

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, let's not sign Drogba because we have Asamoah. :wth:
:lol: all jump aboard the giovinco train because he is small and weak and speaks Italian

- - - Updated - - -

I keep say no to Drogba. :stuckup:
and i hope he needs to stay at that Chinese club. save the money and get a striker in summer some one we can build on for years.
fuck waiting till the summer, why the summer? this is an opportunity to improve the team NOW! you keep moaning about how disappointed you are about Juve in the CL well it's not going to improve if you're already waiting on the summer. seriously fuck the summer it is all about NOW!

- - - Updated - - -

This right here tells me you know nothing of Drogba. He comes back quite a bit. He creates his own spaces and knows how to penetrate the gaps and is far more comfortable on the ball in tight situations then any of our forwards. Maybe Vucinic but Drogba out classes Vucinic in the FINISHING department by a land slide.

Our mids and the system Conte has them playing are probably top 4 in the world with Barca Real and Bayern. You can even add Dortmund. Once our team encounters these teams in the CL we will need to rely on our FWD's creating those 1 or 2 brilliant self made scoring opportunity and finishing them. Our forwards frankly dont. they need 4-5-6 before they get a 1-2 goals and we will not get chance after chance against the likes of those mention above. So again Drogba is needed if we progress into the final stages of CL
agreed, i actually wonder if some here have ever watched Drogba play!

- - - Updated - - -

that is absolutely bullshit, so why did you want Cavani so badly? Drogba is a fucking bully, he bullies defenders and a beast, as i keep saying he is the closest thing we're ever going to get to Cavani this season at least.

Völler

Always spot on
May 6, 2012
There is no need to be hasty in the CL. Even with Drogba there are many superior teams out there. So let's wait to invest or simply chose someone else in January that actually fits the team.
There are maybe 4 better teams than us in CL, and with Drogba I think we could beat them on a good day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)