Didier Deschamps (7 Viewers)

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
"There is a coach in place at Lyon, and I know he has a one-year contract left. I also have another contract in place," the boss told the club's official website. "I'm at Marseille and am focused on the objectives of the club.

"I do not want to talk about the future, as I have a contract in place with OM."

"Last year, I had an opportunity to go to Liverpool," he added. " I could have gone - and thought about it - but I did not.

"Today, I have no interest in leaving."

SoulSiick

Schizoid Man
Oct 16, 2007
Tonight was League cup final, the first trophy of the season in France. Marseille won it and it was the 4th title with Deschamps for them in less than two years.

They were without a single trophy for 18 years before him.

Nov 1, 2002
Tonight was League cup final, the first trophy of the season in France. Marseille won it and it was the 4th title with Deschamps for them in less than two years.

They were without a single trophy for 18 years before him.
:tup: we should get him and get some other former players/member from our glorious and build the winning mentality back. people like him wont accept players like motta, pepe, martinez...etc, they would only accept world class combined with useful players.

Aug 2, 2005
Deschamps or Garcia for Roma?

Roma may turn to France to find their new boss after links with Didier Deschamps and Rudi Garcia.

The Giallorossi have today confirmed that Walter Sabatini will be the club’s new sporting director and one of his first jobs will be to appoint a Coach.

Roma are currently bossed by Vincenzo Montella after Claudio Ranieri resigned from his post in late February.

Although Montella does have a chance to be kept on, it is claimed that Sabatini is looking at a couple of tacticians in France.

The first is Marseille boss Deschamps, a man who has been coaching since 2001 when he was appointed by Monaco.

Deschamps, who spent four years with the principality outfit, would later work in Italy after taking charge of Juventus’ successful 2006-07 Serie B campaign.

The former Juve midfielder though quit once promotion was assured and would have to wait until Marseille’s 2009 approach to work again.

The other Ligue 1 option is Lille boss Garcia who has impressed with the outfit since being appointed in 2008.

Garcia has also bossed Saint-Etienne, Dijon and Le Mans.

Lille are currently top of the French First Division, three points clear of Deschamps’ Marseille.

Roma have also been tentatively linked with Napoli Coach Walter Mazzarri.

da_ledgeaun

The Juve Freak
Jun 2, 2007
Inzaghi,Zidane,Deschamps,Iuliano,Di Livio,Ferrara wow,so many greatness we are used to seeing,not forgetting a trophy.. When was the last time our Capitano held one of those,oh yeah Berlusconi cup right,magnificent :cry:

Aug 2, 2005
Deschamps confirms Roma talks

Didier Deschamps has confirmed he is in talks with Roma, “but I have not made any commitments yet. It’s not a question of money.”
The Olympique Marseille Coach is one of the hot favourites to take over when American investor Thomas Di Benedetto becomes the new President.

“I am considering my future,” said the former Juventus boss. “It’s not a question of money, as that is not a decisive element for me. What counts is the sporting project.

“If I said that there hadn’t been contact with Roma, you’d laugh at me. Coaches are sought after just as much as players during the summer.

“The only thing I can tell you is that I haven’t made any commitments and will wait to see how the situation evolves so I can have a clear picture before deciding.”

Deschamps is still under contract with Marseille until June 2012, but a clause allows him to walk away for €3m.

Along with Roma, Deschamps has also been linked with the benches at Chelsea and Olympique Lyonnais.
FI

Fake Melo

Ghost Division
Sep 3, 2010
Marseille boss Didier Deschamps has admitted he regrets leaving Serie A giants Juventus to be manager of the Ligue 1 outfit.

The Frenchman was believed to be close to departing the Stade Velodrome after interest from Roma and English Premier League side Chelsea earlier this month.

But on June 7, Deschamps committed his future to the French runners-up.

He admitted on Sunday he still had regrets about leaving Turin after helping Juventus back to the Serie A in 2007.

“My departure from Juve remains a regret, a mistake that learnt me one thing – never make an immediate decision. I’ve paid for such an experience,” Deschamps told L’Equipe.

“I have been labelled 'unmanageable’ but by staying at Marseille I can show that labels are sometimes wrong.”

“I stayed at OM because it was my first option, because the major shareholders have always shown exemplary behaviour towards me.”

Deschamps said he had spoken to club chairman Vincent Labrune and it had been agreed decisions about the club would be solely in his hands.

Despite admitting he had turned down offers to move from Marseille, he said he was happy with the way his club was progressing.

“The club will also celebrate its 20th year anniversary of the UEFA Champions League victory in 2013 and I want to be a part of it,” Deschamps said.

“But I had choices. I had propositions, notably one which made me seriously think about, but I didn’t want to leave Marseille for a club which is not really of upper level.”

Deschamps will be out to go one better than last season in Ligue 1, when they finished second behind champions Lille.

And he revealed he would be looking to make some personnel changes ahead of the new campaign, including the potential sale of striker Lucho Gonzalez.

“I need some fresh blood so there will be three or four reinforcements,” he said. “I want to regenerate the bench too, let some fringe players leave.”

“I want Lucho to stay, but I won’t refuse his departure if all the conditions are gathered.”

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)