Didier Deschamps (6 Viewers)

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
By the way, I respect Deschamps' mentality, courage and sacrifice. And I want to see him on Juve's bench in the next season.
dd doesnt deserve to be sack his been great for us! And he deserves to be here next season.
DD has the motivation to do a great job. I'll stick with him next year
I would take only Prandelli from Italy, but still I want DD to stay with us next season.
:faq1: since when did everyone one fall in love with didier deschamps, i know i haven't been on the forums for the past few days but OMG!

this outpouring of support is amazing i'm assuming that it has to do with our promise of promotion if we win our next few :eyebrows:

it seems like jumping of the DD bandwagon and sippin on some DD kool-aid is whats hott on the streets rite now eh? :D

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
I think it is maybe down to the supposed fall-out between DD and the management. People may not like DD but they like him more than the management so they are starting to support him.

Or maybe I'm speaking shite, it is really quite hard to tell.

tassard

Jul 30, 2004
Well IMO it's not a good move for the image of the club to kick Deschamp.He is a true Juventino and he has not done a bad job(but still not completely good).
My main concern is that in our first season back in Serie A we can not make experiments.We must be sure for the man that leads our team in the pitch.A spot in the top 4 is our target and this is achievable only if the players and the fans have faith in the coach.So we take a risk here.What if DD proves himself that he is not capable and good enough for Serie A?Will we lose one more year??

Ahmedios

Nov 11, 2006
:faq1: since when did everyone one fall in love with didier deschamps, i know i haven't been on the forums for the past few days but OMG!

this outpouring of support is amazing i'm assuming that it has to do with our promise of promotion if we win our next few :eyebrows:

it seems like jumping of the DD bandwagon and sippin on some DD kool-aid is whats hott on the streets rite now eh? :D
I used to say that I'd judge Monsieur Deschamps at the end of the season and after the end of the transfer market. But the advantages that I mentioned about him especially his sacrifice and his courage have nothing to do with my judgment. But from what I've seen of him so far, he'll be at least better than Delio Rossi. He's been with the team for a complete season, he knows the players, believes in our project and above all he is a Juventino. :pint:

AngelaL

Jinx Minx
Aug 25, 2006
I lippifetish too :oops: but dd doesnt deserve to be sack his been great for us! And he deserves to be here next season.
:agree: Lippi's my favorite coach, but DD has done well enough to get us promoted, so he should have a chance of coaching us in serie A.

ya you have :agree:, i was just shocked at the massive amount of DD support i read on just this 1 page alone :p
That's because fans always criticise the coach. In Italy the coach is ALWAYS to blame. We Juve fans find it hard to cope with droping any points in a game, let alone lose all three. However, when we look at things rationally, we know that DD has done well, so far.

I used to say that I'd judge Monsieur Deschamps at the end of the season and after the end of the transfer market. But the advantages that I mentioned about him especially his sacrifice and his courage have nothing to do with my judgment. But from what I've seen of him so far, he'll be at least better than Delio Rossi. He's been with the team for a complete season, he knows the players, believes in our project and above all he is a Juventino. :pint:
:agree: He's worked with the Juve team for a year now, and will know the players' strengths and weaknesses. He will know them well enough to know how to motivate them. The team, in general get on ok with him (perhaps not Valeri), which is a good thing too.

We're nearly there! DD has coached Juve through the hell of serie B. If we gain promotion, he should get his chance to coach us in "A".

Kosta

The Eccentric
Jul 16, 2006
Should Juventus Do Away With Deschamps?
Hadi Harake assesses Didier Deschamps’ coaching debut at Juventus, and after careful consideration, fears that France’s former World Cup winning captain may not be residing in Turin next season.

On July 10, 2006, Juventus Football Club issued a press release revealing the appointment of Didier Deschamps as first team coach for the next two years, replacing the successful but unpopular Fabio Capello, who had resigned a week earlier in order to avoid a potential Serie B experience, and joined Spanish giants Real Madrid.

It was a fairly expected decision given that the Frenchman was a former Bianconero player and possessed the necessary experience and enthusiasm to return and excel with Juventus, even if it meant playing in Serie B, which ultimately took place.

So the new coach found himself in front of a wounded team, stuck at the bottom of Italy’s second division after being hit with a point deduction penalty of negative 30, which was eventually reduced to minus 9. In addition, at least 7 fundamental players were sold in order to 'fund' the team’s financial losses: reduce total salaries to offset next season’s lower revenues.

Deschamps knew that a difficult season was ahead of him and anything less than a strong Serie B performance (read easy promotion to Serie A) would be disastrous, disgraceful for the history of Juventus and his own coaching career. Ten months later, the Italian giants are on the top of Serie B, amassing a total of 79 points in 38 games, which is quite a satisfactory result that could’ve been widened by 9 more points had the team not been penalized.

However, an intriguing question keeps bumping into the media’s first pages: Will Didier Deschamps be replaced at the end of season? Is Marcello Lippi returning to lead La Vecchia Signora for the third time in his brilliant career? Or is it going to be someone else, maybe the latest to be linked in Delio Rossi.

Something is obviously wrong. On one hand, the coach is about to achieve his main objective of winning the second division and returning to Serie A, but on the other hand there are whispers and rumors suggesting that management are looking to replace the Frenchman next term. Accordingly, let’s outline the “what went wrong” with Juventus under the leadership of Didier Deschamps.

Firstly, the Coppa Italia exit. The Turin-based giants were humiliated and thrown out of the Italian cup in its third round, before even playing against any Serie A team. A packed San Paolo stadium in Napoli witnessed this defeat when Maradona’s beloved team turned its first leg loss into a win that pushed the game into a penalty shoot-out that ended 8-7 in favor of Napoli.

The only competition that Juventus would normally be playing in, even though with their bench players, was no longer part of their schedule. Nevertheless, the Board of Directors, management and fans seemed to believe that their main and only objective this season is Serie A promotion, and that such a loss would certainly serve Juventus as a wake up call for the players in quest of success in these unusual circumstances.

Secondly, results aren’t everything fans and directors were looking for. When you’re playing against smaller teams in a weaker league, you need to impress and put on a great show, so anything less than a remarkable performance by a solid team won’t be digested by the already distressed Juventus fans.

Unfortunately, the team were far from impressive most of the time. In fact, it is only when Alessandro Del Piero showed us some of his magical touches that an overall sense of enjoyment flourished, in addition to Pavel Nedved’s great efforts and leadership. Juventus needed more than the 3 points: the team needed more goals, a firm defense, great plays, more opportunities, enthusiasm, motivation, and above all, attitude and respect.

It is expected of a team that still has four World Cup winning players in its roster, in addition to Pavel Nedved, David Trezeguet and other players of a Serie A caliber such as Zanetti, Giannichedda, Chiellini and Bojinov.

Finally, the biggest problem: the inability to pinpoint good players in the transfer market, something that will be a key now that significant sums of money must be spent. If Jean-Alain Bounsong his the king of player he would spend on, then a Juve fan will be very wary of money wasted.

Hence, although President Giovanni Cobolli Gigli recently stated that the Frenchman will remain with the team next term, Didier Deschamps certainly knows that his job is some way from being secure at the current moment.

An idealistic part of me suggestes that it is in the best interests of Juventus that he remains, because of the need to continue the process of implementing the revival plan, with patience. A change could be as big a lottery: it could accelerate them towards Serie A success, but could also hurt the gradual development of this new team.

However, as much as I personally believe that he wouldn't be disastrous, he would probably not be brilliant either, especially when pitted against Ancelotti and Spalletti, or even a much improved Roberto Mancini. Certain facts suggest that his future might be away from Turin.

Hadi Harake | Goal.com

Maher

Juventuz addict
Dec 16, 2002
very nice article , the most important point is
When you’re playing against smaller teams in a weaker league, you need to impress and put on a great show, so anything less than a remarkable performance by a solid team won’t be digested by the already distressed Juventus fans.

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
DD seems to be in a spot of bother...it is up to Secco to give him the team that he needs so that he can truly prove himself as a top class manager

RAMI-N

★ ★ ★
Aug 22, 2006
Tuesday 15 May, 2007
Juve chief Giovanni Cobolli Gigli is confident that the club can seduce wanted boss Didier Deschamps to stay.

The Bianconeri are just three points shy of a Serie A return, but the future of their French tactician is still a source of speculation with Lyon and Marseille allegedly interested in his services.

However, the Old Lady have again insisted that the lure of Juventus will see Deschamps remain at least until his contract expires in 2008.

“The two French clubs are certainly important and prestigious outfits on the international scene, but we have just confirmed our trust in Deschamps,” noted Cobolli Gigli to Sky Italia.

“We hope, believe and deem that we are more charming and attractive than other teams out there.”

Nevertheless, the Juventus coaching situation remains a hot topic in the Italian Press and Monday saw Lazio boss Delio Rossi linked with a Turin switch.

“I know him and consider him highly for what he has done at Lazio this season, but there has not been any contact with him,” added the President.

Turning to the playing side of things, the official again confirmed that they want the side to be fighting for honours as soon as next season – despite goalkeeper Gigi Buffon believing that it could take three or four years.

“That might be a bit too long,” noted Cobolli Gigli. “However, we have told him that we are building a strong side for next season in order to qualify for Europe.”

Football Italia

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
why does Buffon keep asking about the Juve future...this like the 100th time there has ben an article where Buffon has demanded that Juve improve or else...I hate to say it but if he doesn't want to be at Juve then bye bye mate thanks for the memories

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)