Didier Deschamps (1 Viewer)

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
Jul 16, 2002
lol

You're that "well let's not start sucking each other's dicks quite yet" guy, right? :D
yes, that would be me

and to salman and tonykart- I dont see a problem with ppl being critical of our coach and/or team

if you are happy with what you see, then thats great...but some of us "experts" as you put it, dont think too highly of CRAP'S or DD's tactics

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
While I don't think Juve will win the Scudetto next season I also don't think it will be impossible. I understand DD not wanting expectations to be too high but I beleive he should be trying his utmost to at least challenge for the title.

I also wish people at Juve woul only speak to the press when there is actually something to say, the amount of total non-stories at the moment is ridiculous.

Geof

May 14, 2004
Atleast Deschamps is being realistic.
What he wants is to make us the underdog. Inter and Milan will be the big facourites out there, and we will to play the "small team" role for the only time in our modern history.

Didier can say what he wants, I'm sure he wants the scudetto. At least he doesn't put too much pressure on our guys.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
When a coach is being realistic he shouldn't declare this to everyone, it is better if he keeps it to himself. he reminded me of Palermo's coach saying that he can't win over Inter just a day before their encounter with Inter, what a way to encourage the players.

Zé Tahir

JhoolayLaaaal!
Dec 10, 2004
DD's comments are uncalled for imo. We didn't hire him to be "realistic". Realism didn't give Greece the European Championship, and all the other 'miracles' in sports didn't happen out of realistic goals. We're not even close to being the underdog so it's no where near impossible for us to win the Scudetto.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
DD's comments are uncalled for imo. We didn't hire him to be "realistic". Realism didn't give Greece the European Championship, and all the other 'miracles' in sports didn't happen out of realistic goals. We're not even close to being the underdog so it's no where near impossible for us to win the Scudetto.
oh please you d have to be blind deaf and dumb to think we have a chance in hell to win the scudetto, greece played tight what 6-7 games? Serie A is played out over 9 months you cant let up you have to play pretty much perfect all year and you have a team like inter dropping 1-2 games. DD is simply protecting his job from the crazy tifosi who thought thrashing the likes of triestina meant anything.

Zé Tahir

JhoolayLaaaal!
Dec 10, 2004
oh please you d have to be blind deaf and dumb to think we have a chance in hell to win the scudetto, greece played tight what 6-7 games? Serie A is played out over 9 months you cant let up you have to play pretty much perfect all year and you have a team like inter dropping 1-2 games. DD is simply protecting his job from the crazy tifosi who thought thrashing the likes of triestina meant anything.
I never said it's going to happen, but I sure as hell don't think it's impossible. For a coach to go out there and say what's impossible and what's not is totally out of place. Especially in the situation we're in right now. We got players, who apparently didn't even want to stay in Serie B, but stayed for what ever reason. Now there's talk of them wanting to leave, then there's the transfer talk...we've been linked with pretty much every player out there. How do we convince them to stay and how do we convince players to come to Juve? By telling them that not only will you get squat in Europe, but you'll get squat in Serie A. "Welcome :thumbs: "

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
ok this is where we disagree DD directed his comments to the fans; aint no way we the fans would know more of a team and its chemistry/capabilities more than its consituants, it is simply absurd. Del Pieor/Camo/Buffon dont need anyone telling em where a team is heading; and it sure as hell isnt the scudetto.

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
Spot on.Capello's game plans were old fashioned and rigid,and he employed a very defensive system,but saying that he's a crap coach is silly.He was great at Milan and Roma.And he did a decent job with us too.2 titles in 2 years,and defeats to eventual CL finalists IS a good record no matter how you look at it.A lot of his hatred also comes from the fact that he benched a club idol regularly.That was wrong of him,but he did win the scudetto twice with us,and thats commendable.
i dont like the guy's personality but hes winner.
Anyway caps time has come n gone.
When a coach is being realistic he shouldn't declare this to everyone, it is better if he keeps it to himself. he reminded me of Palermo's coach saying that he can't win over Inter just a day before their encounter with Inter, what a way to encourage the players.
Yeah spot on, just like ur example of Guidolin who even if he had the chance to beat Inter.Mentally he destroyed that.

He needs to know how to speak to the media, as even if he didn't say those things but something similar "like it will be tough or something" the media will overblow it.

K0STA

Jul 12, 2006
Its not impossible .... NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE :)

Anyway... we won't be on champions league... so will have more time to rest ;)

Juventino_NJ

Sep 16, 2006
Deschamps keeps it real Friday 23 March, 2007

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Didier Deschamps has underlined that Juventus will need to spend big in the summer if they hope to be immediately competitive in Serie A.

Both FIAT President Luca Cordero Di Montezemolo and director general Jean-Claude Blanc have optimistically predicted that the side will fight for major honours next term, but the tactician is keeping his feet on the ground.

“As I have already said, as it stands this squad can’t fight for the Scudetto,” noted the Coach on Friday.

“But if this group of players is confirmed and a number of new players arrive then I could change my mind.

“My evaluation shouldn’t hamper anyone’s desire to be ambitious. I’m ambitious too, but I have to be objective.

“I don’t want to wipe out our dream, because we all must continue to give our all for the team,” he continued.

“However, there are clubs who will be favoured over us and we must keep this in mind. We can’t think that one year will be enough to reach their level.

“We will be competitive and we can fight for the top positions, but it wouldn’t be logical to think that we are as strong as Milan, Inter and Roma.”

Juventus won’t be in action domestically this weekend given that international commitments have seen their Week 31 showdown against Napoli rescheduled for April 10.

As a result, the Old Lady of Italian football will face Standard Liege in a friendly match on Saturday evening instead.

“I will field the players who have had less opportunities to play so far,” added Deschamps, who is set to field Primavera starlet Sebastian Giovinco.

“This match will give us the chance to taste European football again, taking advantage of the international break.”

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
DD's tactic is probably to keep upper management from getting too exhuberant, thinking they can get by with a Scudetto-winning club by spending a little here and there on summer transfers.

Problem is that it's created a catch-22 for himself ... if the players don't think he has confidence in them, that's not exactly a winning spirit to start the next season.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)