Didier Deschamps (2 Viewers)

Marc

Softcore Juventino
Jul 14, 2006
Juventus are in their final sprint of the season with 5 matches in the next 15 days that will be fundamental for their Serie A promotion objective.
Didier Deschamps outlined the current situation of the Bianconeri with regards to the promotion to Serie A following Sunday's important away win at Piacenza.
"We took advantage of the fact that behind us not everyone won and we increased the lead over the third place.
"The win against Piacenza helped especially for this, apart from giving us back the top spot. It was an important step forward, but there are still many more to do.
"With the three points for a win, you easily increase the lead by winning. Excluding us and Napoli, the others all had more problems.
"March and April are the decisive months, at the end of which the standings will be clearer. An important period starts now, with five matches in 15 days. There won't be any more time to work between an encounter and another, and everyone's help will be fundamental."
GD

Source : goal.com
:confused: Away win at Piacenza??

Anyways, I agree with DD, we should get the best results out of three next games, if we manage to win at Brescia, then we have 2 home games in a row and if we could win those three games, we would move further away of our rivals. I hope DD will make the right moves and that all squad will be available to him.

Buy on AliExpress.com

soulslider

Rregula sound
May 16, 2006
DD's Buffon and Trez turnaround

Friday 9 March, 2007

Didier Deschamps is optimistic for the future, as he believes Juventus' champions are set to stay in Turin.

Gianluigi Buffon and David Trezeguet had stated that they might leave the Bianconeri in the summer as they were keen on immediately competing at the highest levels, but recently admitted that they have not yet decided what their future will be, fuelling speculation that they might have changed their minds.

“Something has changed, now they all want to stay at Juventus,” said Deschamps on Friday.

“If there is the intention from both sides to stick together, then it’s far easier to reach an agreement. The club is working hard on ways to keep hold of our star names.”

The tactician had been quoted last week as saying he wanted to bring Steven Gerrard to Turin, but he insisted it would not be at the expense of Milan and Inter target Buffon.

I wouldn’t exchange Buffon with any player in the world, not even Gerrard. The England international is excellent, but he is too expensive for Juventus and, I repeat, not even four or five players would tempt me to part with Gigi.

“Milan President Silvio Berlusconi said it would be a dream to sign Buffon, but the truth is that will remain outside the realms of reality. He belongs to Juve and we are studying some way of keeping him. A contract isn’t enough, as you need the will to stay, but I think Buffon is developing that too.”

The other main candidate for a summer departure is Trezeguet, who has often pointed out he is yet to make a decision on his future.

“He is an important player and he also wants to know what our plans are. He has changed his attitude,” revealed DD.

“Of course, if he decided to stay for another season and then leave out of contract in July 2008, it would be damaging for the club.

“I am glad about the latest statements I read, but now we want to focus on winning this championship,” continued the former Monaco boss.

Juventus are the solitary leaders of the table with 49 points and will face Serse Cosmi’s Brescia on Saturday on Mantova’s neutral turf, a match that Deschamps considers very important.

“Brescia are eager to do well, the new Coach and the away win at Albinoleffe were a morale booster. We must have great respect for our opponents.

“I have not decided who to field, we have a match every three days and we might have to rest some players,” added the Frenchman.

RAMI-N

★ ★ ★
Aug 22, 2006

I wouldn’t exchange Buffon with any player in the world, not even Gerrard. The England international is excellent, but he is too expensive for Juventus and, I repeat, not even four or five players would tempt me to part with Gigi.
Thats very nice statement from DD :tup:

AngelaL

Jinx Minx
Aug 25, 2006
Friday 9 March, 2007

Didier Deschamps is optimistic for the future, as he believes Juventus' champions are set to stay in Turin.

Gianluigi Buffon and David Trezeguet had stated that they might leave the Bianconeri in the summer as they were keen on immediately competing at the highest levels, but recently admitted that they have not yet decided what their future will be, fuelling speculation that they might have changed their minds.

“Something has changed, now they all want to stay at Juventus,” said Deschamps on Friday.

“If there is the intention from both sides to stick together, then it’s far easier to reach an agreement. The club is working hard on ways to keep hold of our star names.”

The tactician had been quoted last week as saying he wanted to bring Steven Gerrard to Turin, but he insisted it would not be at the expense of Milan and Inter target Buffon.

“Milan President Silvio Berlusconi said it would be a dream to sign Buffon, but the truth is that will remain outside the realms of reality. He belongs to Juve and we are studying some way of keeping him. A contract isn’t enough, as you need the will to stay, but I think Buffon is developing that too.”

The other main candidate for a summer departure is Trezeguet, who has often pointed out he is yet to make a decision on his future.

“He is an important player and he also wants to know what our plans are. He has changed his attitude,” revealed DD.

“Of course, if he decided to stay for another season and then leave out of contract in July 2008, it would be damaging for the club.

“I am glad about the latest statements I read, but now we want to focus on winning this championship,” continued the former Monaco boss.

Juventus are the solitary leaders of the table with 49 points and will face Serse Cosmi’s Brescia on Saturday on Mantova’s neutral turf, a match that Deschamps considers very important.

“Brescia are eager to do well, the new Coach and the away win at Albinoleffe were a morale booster. We must have great respect for our opponents.

I have not decided who to field, we have a match every three days and we might have to rest some players,” added the Frenchman.
Thanks for the info. Thumbs:
Perhaps, DD will give Bojo & Palla a chance to play. Maybe even De Ceglie and/or Marchisio too! :eyebrows:

ReBeL

The Jackal
Jan 14, 2005
Thanks for the info. Thumbs:
Perhaps, DD will give Bojo & Palla a chance to play. Maybe even De Ceglie and/or Marchisio too! :eyebrows:
De Ceglie is not called up...

-----------------------

Deschamps has claimed the rumours surrounding his future do not bother him. Former Italy coach Marcelo Lippi's has been mentioned in the same breath as the Bianconeri job, but the former Juventus player insists his job is safe.

Deschamps took over the reigns in Turin after Fabio Capello moved to Real Madrid in the wake of the club's relegation to Serie B last summer and has steered the Old Lady back to the brink of the top flight, where he expects to be come next season.

"Speculation about Lippi doesn't worry me," the Frenchman said. "I'm looking to be Juve coach in Serie A and I've never had any signals otherwise."

Eurosport

Ahmedios

Nov 11, 2006
Didier blames an 'off day'

Didier Deschamps has put Juventus’ shock defeat to a “bad day at the office,” though Brescia’s Serse Cosmi sees it as a turning point for Brescia.

“It was an off day and I saw too many players having difficulty today to hope in a positive result against this Brescia side. They deserve our compliments for an excellent performance,” said the Bianconeri Coach of their 3-1 loss.

“We were missing so many things, both psychologically and physically. Someone thought Juve would dominate all over the championship, but we too can have problems.

“Everybody thinks we’re already in Serie A, so there is talk of the transfer market and we lose sight of the priorities – what happens on the field. Promotion isn’t in our hands yet.”

Nonetheless, thanks to Napoli’s 1-1 draw at Rimini, Juventus remain top of the table, albeit with only a one-point lead.

“We used up a lot of energy in the first half of the season to get here, as we needed to fight back from the nine-point penalty. There were bound to be a few hiccups.”

It is an historic moment for Cosmi, who has notched up two prestigious victories since taking over the Brescia bench from Mario Somma a fortnight ago.

“It was quite an achievement and a day that reconciles the fans with their team,” said the tactician. “I cannot deny it is also very satisfying for me on a personal level.”

Cosmi had been out of work since he was sacked by Udinese last season, but has had an immediate impact on the Rondinelle.

“Brescia controlled the game brilliantly. In the second half we were under pressure, but managed to bring home the result. We have beaten a great Juventus side. If they failed to perform to their usual standard today, it is entirely thanks to the way Brescia closed them down.”

The hero of the day at the Stadio Martelli – as the Rigamonti is closed after failing security checks – was Matteo Serafini.

The 28-year-old forward had only netted two goals this season, both from the penalty spot, before hitting a spectacular hat-trick past World Cup winning 'keeper Gianluigi Buffon.

In his previous 54 Serie B games, Serafini had only ever scored seven goals. He also made 23 Serie A appearances without hitting the back of the net.
Check the source: Channel 4

Gill_juve

May 29, 2006
well i dont blame him for playing the squad that he did our team was far superior, i'm not saying DD is completely blameless but you have to take a hard look at the players too

Ahmedios

Nov 11, 2006
Chill down guys and stop slamming the man.

Monsieur Deschamps isn't responsible for the mistakes done by Buffon, Boumsong and Zebina which led to the three goals, which we conceded, respectively.

RAMI-N

★ ★ ★
Aug 22, 2006
some players really need to be benched, to show them that they are not bigger than Juve...we have their substitutions...
but to bench a star palyer, u need a strong coach !

@Ahmed: Im not blaming him for only today's game, but the man didnt convince really yet!
we havent won any match thanks to him! we win coz our players play well and we lose coz they do bad!
Simple as that.

Jul 23, 2006
Chill down guys and stop slamming the man.

Monsieur Deschamps isn't responsible for the mistakes done by Buffon, Boumsong and Zebina which led to the three goals, which we conceded, respectively.
then y do u mock Capello/Mancini?(i'm not sure if ur one of em' Mancini haters)

Ahmedios

Nov 11, 2006
some players really need to be benched, to show them that they are not bigger than Juve...we have their substitutions...
but to bench a star palyer, u need a strong coach !

@Ahmed: Im not blaming him for only today's game, but the man didnt convince really yet!
we havent won any match thanks to him! we win coz our players play well and we lose coz they do bad!
Simple as that.
He hasn't yet convinced me as well, Rami. But don't forget the fact that these players weren't chosen by him, but he found himself facing Serie B with that squad. I'm not on his side but I'm not against him too. Anyways, we'll have a full idea about him at the end of the current season.

then y do u mock Capello/Mancini?(i'm not sure if ur one of em' Mancini haters)
What do you mean, Nabil? I mean what is the relation between me hating Capello or not and my opinion about Deschamps?

Anyhow, Capello is an old fashioned tactician and an arse hole as well. Whereas Mancini, is just an arse hole.

RAMI-N

★ ★ ★
Aug 22, 2006
He hasn't yet convinced me as well, Rami. But don't forget the fact that these players weren't chosen by him, but he found himself facing Serie B with that squad. I'm not on his side but I'm not against him too. Anyways, we'll have a full idea about him at the end of the current season.
Dear Ahmed, after calciopoli, it was obvious that we were not gonna buy players, but sell. despit that he asked a certain defender and he got him!!!
TBH, Im against him, coz he doesnt know how to deal with players (Boji's case)...he lacks the tactical experience [I remember when we were used to get results even when we played shit under Lippi or even Crapello]. Anyways Im not calling for his head now...Im with you, we should stick to him till the end of the season.

What do you mean, Nabil? I mean what is the relation between me hating Capello or not and my opinion about Deschamps?

Anyhow, Capello is an old fashioned tactician and an arse hole as well. Whereas Mancini, is just an arse hole.
:rofl2:
+rep :D

Jul 23, 2006

Don't u make fun of Capello whenever his players fail to do any good? But now i see u'r defending DD when the players are playing bad

Ahmedios

Nov 11, 2006
Dear Ahmed, after calciopoli, it was obvious that we were not gonna buy players, but sell. despit that he asked a certain defender and he got him!!!
TBH, Im against him, coz he doesnt know how to deal with players (Boji's case)...he lacks the tactical experience [I remember when we were used to get results even when we played shit under Lippi or even Crapello]. Anyways Im not calling for his head now...Im with you, we should stick to him till the end of the season.
I agree with you, buying Boumsong was a mistake and I was against it from the beginning but perhaps Deschamps didn't have choices, actually I don't know.

I'm not saying that he is our saviour or he is doing well, but to wait till the end of the season. But this don't deny the fact that today's goals are all due to naive mistakes by Buffon and the back line.

:rofl2:
+rep :D
Thanks bro. :eek:ops

Don't u make fun of Capello whenever his players fail to do any good? But now i see u'r defending DD when the players are playing bad
I defend Deschamps only when I think that he deserves it. And you said it, the players played bad, how can I say that the whole responsibility must be burdened by Deschamps then? For example, what Deschamps had to do with first goal which was obviously a very very rare mistake done by Buffon?

RAMI-N

★ ★ ★
Aug 22, 2006
I agree with you, buying Boumsong was a mistake and I was against it from the beginning but perhaps Deschamps didn't have choices, actually I don't know.

I'm not saying that he is our saviour or he is doing well, but to wait till the end of the season. But this don't deny the fact that today's goals are all due to naive mistakes by Buffon and the back line.
I didnt see the game yet, but I trust your judgment:D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)