Did loverboy get it right? (3 Viewers)

OP
Seven

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
  • Thread Starter #61
    no, it is not limited to university grounds. i won't go into details but it is much more complicated.

i can only say what echr claim is not telling the truth. it is about ''some promises'' made in early of 20th century.
    I'm going to believe the ECHR over you. And I'm talking about what the case that was argued in front of the ECHR. Not about public life in Turkey.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
    Aug 22, 2007
    I can't stand the inconsistencies of the "free" societies. Telling you what not to wear is ridiculous. Of course, they won't ban women form dressing like skanks because that would be oppresive of women.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
    Apr 2, 2007
    The second issue is more difficult, and it has to do with female oppression. You see, just because you ask a woman wearing a burqa if she feels free and she tells you yes isn't very convincing. Why not? Because we as people adapt to whatever situation we encounter. To someone who's always lived like this it feels completely natural, how would they know that there is another way? See, we know this because we've had a feminist movement. There was a time in the not too distant past when women in Europe were being oppressed. If you'd ask a woman in the 50s whether she feels happy staying home with the children and having no prospects of a career, she would also say yes. How could she not when noone else was doing anything different? But today's women, who have come far towards gender equality, they would reject that "yes" because it's coming from someone who doesn't know that there is another way to live. In fact, they would reject their own "yes" from years ago as uninformed.
    :agree:

That's what i mind about us men :D
    In this case muslim men.

They'll keep telling you that the woman want to wear X or Y and it's women's own choice. They know it because "their sisters or friends told them so".
    They don't ask themselves if it's possible that those girls could possibly lie because they know that they can't really say openly how they hate wearing that, or that those girls don't even know about another way.

Personally i'm 100% sure that if those women, especially the younger ones, are given a choice to wear or not to wear, without any consequences whatsoever if they choose not to wear burquas or even hijabs, a huge majority will choose not to wear them and after few years, or maybe a decade, all of them will choose not to wear burqas or coats or hijabs.

Especially when it's fucking 40 degrees outside.

Ford Prefect

May 28, 2009
    Iv come in late here but what he has said should be implemented across the EU, religion shouldnt be involved anywhere in the public sphere beyond someones home and someones place of worship. I dont walk around wearing clothes that define me as an antitheist or humanist or cause me to be seperated from other communities or cause fear, stupid fear, but fear none the less in ignorant fools by my choice of clothing or what i choose to display on my body, by the same merit religious people shouldnt and religions shouldnt encourage it in societies of more than one religion, or everywhere in the world.

.zero

★ ★ ★
    Aug 8, 2006
    any country/society/government that has theological baselines is obviously ____________.

i'm not saying that other governments or societies are so highly evolved but you should all know what i am alluding to.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
    Apr 2, 2007
    This leads me to something else.
    Skopje, in Macedonia, is a multinational city. Around 70% are christians and 30% Muslim.

But sleeping in the Christian side of the city, at 5am, i keep getting woken up (as does the entire city) by some guy yelling (the dawn prayer i believe) from the mosques in the muslim part of the city. (something like this: )

If i do that from my balcony the police will arrest me for disturbing the public order and not letting people sleep. Why can he do it and i can't do it?

.zero

★ ★ ★
    Aug 8, 2006
    i'm gonna assume that they do it in the name of religion which may excuse it. but i don't see any reason why you can't yell your brains out in the early AM

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
    Aug 22, 2007
    :agree:

That's what i mind about us men :D
    In this case muslim men.

They'll keep telling you that the woman want to wear X or Y and it's women's own choice. They know it because "their sisters or friends told them so".
    They don't ask themselves if it's possible that those girls could possibly lie because they know that they can't really say openly how they hate wearing that, or that those girls don't even know about another way.

Personally i'm 100% sure that if those women, especially the younger ones, are given a choice to wear or not to wear, without any consequences whatsoever if they choose not to wear burquas or even hijabs, a huge majority will choose not to wear them and after few years, or maybe a decade, all of them will choose not to wear burqas or coats or hijabs.

Especially when it's fucking 40 degrees outside.
    True, but that does that mean that rather then allowing them to be "pressured' into wearing them, you come and tell them that they cannot wear them?
    I mean, surely some people want to wear them.

Law- "Take off that burqua!"
    Woman willingly wearing burqua- "Why?"
    Law- "Because we don't want you to do something you don't want to do."

.zero

★ ★ ★
    Aug 8, 2006
    True, but that does that mean that rather then allowing them to be "pressured' into wearing them, you come and tell them that they cannot wear them?

:lol: beautiful

religion isnt an excuse. by the same logic that ignorance is never an excuse.
    i agree but ppl are far more sensitive about religious ignorance than pure ignorance. i don't condone either as an excuse but ppl get far too worked up when religion is brought up and questioned

OP
    Seven

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
    Jun 25, 2003
  • Thread Starter #72

That's not why burqahs are not allowed. They are not allowed for safety reasons. People have to be recognisable. In other cases they are also not allowed because of the fear of religious extremism (which if you see people wearing burqahs is right around the corner anyway). Sarkozy might claim he's doing this because of what women want, but that's not the legal basis. Try to at least know a thing or two about the law before you say stuff like this.

swag

L'autista
    Administrator
    Sep 23, 2003
    Sorry, Andries. But you can't call someone "Loverboy" in my country without invoking images of gay men in 1980s leotards:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)