Did Juve deserve the title !! (6 Viewers)

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
++ [ originally posted by swag ] ++
I'm sorry, but FVCK PRETTY FOOTBALL. :fero: I am so sick and tired of this complete crock of shit about how it's not good enough to win titles and trophies in this sport. You have to do it with a veneer of style, finesse, and WWE-like entertainment value.

Are sports fans so shallow that they cannot be satisfied with victories over their enemies? Rather, winning is meaningless unless they provide some kind of circus or ballet act? Do World Cup victories now have to be recognized not only by stars over national team emblems, but stars with special colors signifying their creative flair and joyous entertainment value in the process? Just how whiny, petty, and pathetic have we become as sports fans when the DVD of the season's goals becomes more valuable than the league title?

The next sportswriter who goes on to whine about how the tactics of Greece in Euro 2004 and Liverpool in the CL are killing the game (and yes, I was pulling for their opponents in these competitions), I would love to slam their head five times in a car door to beat some sense into their whiny little heads and tell them to stick to watching figure skating instead. There they can evaluate the sport on all the style points they want and pontificate on the merits its beauty and finesse.

A win is a win. A trophy is a trophy. The rest is just gravy. Hence my response to the same question a few paragraphs before this cited one:

http://www.goal.com/NewsDetail.aspx?idNews=63169&idSez=16

Sorry. Recomposed. Off soapbox. We return you to your regularly-scheduled rants.
Lovely rant, Greg :D

But personally I feel it's a question of strategy entirely. Teams which play attractive football (the successful ones) don't do so out of conviction, they do it because it's working and they're getting results.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Zizou

Apr 21, 2003
I personally think that las year we played some very attractive football but that lead to a very unbalanced team. This year it's the other way round so basically it's either nice football but no trophies or ugly football but with trophies.

italian_stylez

Feb 27, 2005
Thats Bull, boring teams dont score more goals than any other team in the league, and conceed the least, treza and nedved, yes had average seasons, this point exactly shows why Juve deserve the title, lesser players such as olivera and zalayeta had fantastic season and played with more heart than milan and inter combined. This fan is not a Juve fan, its a pissed of Milan supprter who is upset his their team of stars stuffed up and won nothing with arguably the best squad in the world.

It is true we were outplayed by Liverpool, but they did the same thing to Chelsea and Milan, and the only team that outplayed Juventus, won the Champions League, whats the shame in that. Shame is being 3-0 up at half time and losing the final.

Jan 7, 2004
First of all I’m a fan of Inter. I like Milan twice as much as Juventus, at least in the way they play. Juve are, to me, a truly awful team incapable of producing anything remotely spectacular. Everything they do on the pitch is in function of the result. I believe that some games are won through hard work and sweat and character, but to rely purely on that week after week makes Juve a very unattractive team. That kind of grinding out results can happen once in a while but for a great team it really shouldn’t be the norm. Milan as well as Inter have players that are artists, players capable of producing something that makes football a beautiful game. Players that reach to our collective imagination. Adriano, Martins, Recoba, Kaká, Shevchenko, Veron, Cafu, Pirlo, Vieri... these are FUN players. Juventus only won the Scudetto this year because Milan chose to go after the CL, understandably because last year they already won the league. They definitely don’t have the best group of players of the league; everyone knows Milan has the best players in Italy. As far as Inter are concerned the difference between them and Juventus is quite simply Fabio Cannavaro. In other areas of the pitch they have nothing less than Juve and in attack they are far better. If Inter can fix that problem in defence the fight next year will be between them and Milan for the title, while Juve won’t win the CL and will be left empty handed I think.

how about you do that for a change ;)

italian_stylez

Feb 27, 2005
First of all I’m a fan of Inter. I like Milan twice as much as Juventus, at least in the way they play. Juve are, to me, a truly awful team incapable of producing anything remotely spectacular. Everything they do on the pitch is in function of the result. I believe that some games are won through hard work and sweat and character, but to rely purely on that week after week makes Juve a very unattractive team. That kind of grinding out results can happen once in a while but for a great team it really shouldn’t be the norm. Milan as well as Inter have players that are artists, players capable of producing something that makes football a beautiful game. Players that reach to our collective imagination. Adriano, Martins, Recoba, Kaká, Shevchenko, Veron, Cafu, Pirlo, Vieri... these are FUN players. Juventus only won the Scudetto this year because Milan chose to go after the CL, understandably because last year they already won the league. They definitely don’t have the best group of players of the league; everyone knows Milan has the best players in Italy. As far as Inter are concerned the difference between them and Juventus is quite simply Fabio Cannavaro. In other areas of the pitch they have nothing less than Juve and in attack they are far better. If Inter can fix that problem in defence the fight next year will be between them and Milan for the title, while Juve won’t win the CL and will be left empty handed I think.
Pfft, ok so Milan and Inter have artists, pure brilliance of players and Juve have crap, and we have won nearly 30 titles and you have won nearly half as much, your artists are drawing some preety crapy images. Artists my ass, its called jealousy, that Juve no matter what team we have on the park, can beat anyone, anytime, anywere, and seeing us win makes all of you sick, and its complaing from inter and milan fans that keep us going. Thankyou and goodnight.

P.S, Keep it coming, i would luv to hear from a few Inter and Milan fans, also how did season 2001/2002 finish, i forgot, some artist team chocked on the final day, but i forgot what they're called.

s0ftcore

Jul 13, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Huzi ] ++
Here's an intersting feedback from a guy claiming that Juve didn't deserve the title at all :

Deserved? I’d definitely say no. I mean guys? Juventus? Yeah right. I say one thing ’Juve-Liverpool 0-0’. And I think that’s all there is to say. What an astonishingly boring match. Half the world saw Juve-Liverpool 0-0. What an image for Italian football. Bravo Juve you did great woooow. And the same cowards win the title by stealing points through referee wrong decisions, boring play and etc... They irritate me to the fullest. They win the title and so? What does a title mean if you played all the season without joy and heart? I mean think about it. Do you think anybody would love to see the goals of Juve again? Huh...no!!! A title season should be legendary. And other teams like Milan and Inter and others play with heart and joy. Well, they deserve the title. Not heartless Juve. I’m an Italian and I h*** Spanish teams, but at this moment I admit: Barca--beautiful, full of joy, magnificent goals, magnificent players, great atmosphere against Juve--old, nerd play, scared, boring, raw fighting spirit (actually always luck), empty stadium, tasteless, infinite luck and they score only corner goals. Trezeguet is always injured. Did he actually play this season? Nedved. Where was he? Hoohoo where are you Pavel? Juve, you can have your title, really. Such a ridiculous season. Half the world will think: Juve champion? How can that be? Those incapables who were outplayed by a Liverpool side that missed 5 or more key players? Huh? I hope next season Barca will humiliate Juve in the quarter finals. What will they think then? Juve, does there ring a bell? Does the bell ring? You are boring. Actually I think all the members of the past season should get there money back. And I’m not kidding. Juve-Liverpool had an attendance of 60000. I bet they all fell asleep. Before 60000 people they succeeded in nothing. They even didn’t show heart or determination. Shameless before 60000 people. But what did the Juve players instead? Of course! They weren’t ashamed. Three days later they won against Lecce 5-2.

That was their answer to the fans. I thought in myself ’5-2 good result, only it’s a bit too late, isn’t it Juve?’ I mean Juve-Liverpool was very very important, not Juve-Lecce! Are they stupid? L-I-V-E-R-P-O-O-L, not L-E-C-C-E. Really I felt betrayed as a Juve fan. In this way many Juve fans will turn their back to Juve. But I bet they’ll remain going on this unattractive road. THANKS JUVE YOU BROKE MY HEART.

PS: Del Piero ti amo, sei GRANDE!! Del Piero remains great whatsoever.
PPS: I must say I always cheered for all Italian teams, not one specific. Juve is out of my heart now however. Sad.

Samuel Cateau :D
I disagree, we deserve the title because we're the most consistent in the League. A bit lucky because Milan cocked up a few occasions, and they had a slow start compared to us :cool:

But the Liverpool game will be the most disappointing piece of football played by Juve this season, I think I was feeling like you.. for the first time I was disgusted at Juve. Defeats at Deportivo were disappointing but the Liverpool defeat made me so disgusted it actually left a taste in my mouth.

Well, I must say you're either a glory-hunter or you never really was a true supporter in the first place, because fans will stick to their teams. I wonder how I can stay so patriotic to Newcastle when they're so shiat :S

*i'm a juve fan too, just support them on the same... level*

Respaul

Jul 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by serfaraaz ] ++
i said goal.com is anti juve site
Its not an anti-juve site... Its jus a worthless site that thinks its something...

In reality its jus a bunch of kids writing their views.... Its not a proper resource in anyway shape or form

ahua

Jun 5, 2005
juve play without heart??? jajaja
that's why they won the title, they always paly with heart, even when things didn't go well

this guy must be a frustrated milan or inter fan, if taht is... sorry

forza juve, campioni d'italia

nedved34

Oct 3, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Shadowfax ] ++

Its not an anti-juve site... Its jus a worthless site that thinks its something...

In reality its jus a bunch of kids writing their views.... Its not a proper resource in anyway shape or form
I think the same way,I don't read crap sites,I just read official ones,like uefa.com or eurosport,world soccer etc..

Dr-Juve

Mar 11, 2004
IMO there are 2 different football shools:
Entertainment: to which milan, barca and real belong to

Reality: of which Juve is the master, and maybe chelasea

both teams with the reality philosophy won the titles, from the first school only barca did

for me i prefer the reality (ugly football) with titles

gray

Apr 22, 2003

and that apart from its horrible web design :yuck:

Aug 1, 2003
++ [ originally posted by tassard ] ++
INTER play with heart :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

I can't stop laughing

:D :D :D :D
:howler:

Oh please ..... we won the title fair and square and thats what matters. Dont blame and rant about Juventus deserving it or not, neither Inter nor Milan are doing their jobs to challenge Juve for it anyways :rolleyes:

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004

Is there something wrong with that Paul?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)