Did Juve deserve the title !! (1 Viewer)

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004
who cares about a pretty football match when the 'result' is the most important thing.who even remembers the 'pretty football match' Leverkusen was playing?3 seasons ago they were playing a really entertaining football.at the end they were empty handed and just named as NEVERkusen.
if you wanna watch a pretty football match,just go and watch an amateur match in Brasil.you would watch a match that is ended with too many goals.a very entertaining football.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Juve_The_Best ] ++
aha so we were playing with our ass. thats why we won it ?
;)

Yeah. "Pretty" is to football what "Miss Congeniality" is to beauty contests.

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
Well apart from the referee decisions, I have to admit that some of them r helping us, but IMO Collina has been a fair referee. And to some of those ppl that mentioned that Milan should win becos they have a bigger + better squad, compare Ancoletti to Capello.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Well.. i think that the only true thing he said is that we play a football that is not entertaining... but we got the resullts in our way.

I have to admit the referees interfered in some of ours games,,, but it was the same with milan .

we dont play so pretty but we got the results in a valid way..

Zizou

Apr 21, 2003
++ [ originally posted by serfaraaz ] ++
i said goal.com is anti juve site
Why would it be anti-juve? That was something a fan said and it was one of the few anti-juve posts in that article cos the vast majority were all applauding Juve for winning the title.

If that anti-juve post was not published, then people would say "goal.com is biased in favour of juve cos they never post anything against them".

You can't ever win eh?

Lilianna

Apr 3, 2003
yes.
we deserved the title this year.

if we would have won it last year,i would say that we didn't.

but this one,of caurse we deserved it!

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by swag ] ++
I'm sorry, but FVCK PRETTY FOOTBALL. :fero: I am so sick and tired of this complete crock of shit about how it's not good enough to win titles and trophies in this sport. You have to do it with a veneer of style, finesse, and WWE-like entertainment value.

Are sports fans so shallow that they cannot be satisfied with victories over their enemies? Rather, winning is meaningless unless they provide some kind of circus or ballet act? Do World Cup victories now have to be recognized not only by stars over national team emblems, but stars with special colors signifying their creative flair and joyous entertainment value in the process? Just how whiny, petty, and pathetic have we become as sports fans when the DVD of the season's goals becomes more valuable than the league title?

The next sportswriter who goes on to whine about how the tactics of Greece in Euro 2004 and Liverpool in the CL are killing the game (and yes, I was pulling for their opponents in these competitions), I would love to slam their head five times in a car door to beat some sense into their whiny little heads and tell them to stick to watching figure skating instead. There they can evaluate the sport on all the style points they want and pontificate on the merits its beauty and finesse.

A win is a win. A trophy is a trophy. The rest is just gravy. Hence my response to the same question a few paragraphs before this cited one:

http://www.goal.com/NewsDetail.aspx?idNews=63169&idSez=16

Sorry. Recomposed. Off soapbox. We return you to your regularly-scheduled rants.
Bravo Greg.Great post. :star:

Zizou

Apr 21, 2003
++ [ originally posted by serfaraaz ] ++
because it has links with anti juve.com
You must be kidding. What links?? It's not biased in favour of anyone and if it had to be biased towards a particular team it would be in favour of Juventus.

Zizou

Apr 21, 2003
Oh that was your reply Greg? I was going to put it as first post cos I thought it was the most synthetic and correct answer of al, but then that Indian guy jus took first spot hehe.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)