did del piero ACTUALLY fill baggio's shoes? (At Juve) (1 Viewer)

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004
Baggio is a better player than DP,especially when you talk about Azzurri.but for sure Alex did more for Juve than Baggio.Baggio was the favorite player of Juve fans,but when he left,and DP got his role,he also could get the place of Baggio as the most favorite Juve player.
and I agree with m_elayyan...we even can't compare these 2 about what they've done for Juve.it's damn clear.DP's DONE MORE.

Maher

Juventuz addict
Dec 16, 2002
IMO baggio done more to juve and NT more than dp , if dp fans say that he was great then he got injured , that is not baggio fault , if you see what baggio achieved you must agree with me

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
No I must not. And let's not mix everything in. I claim Del Piero has done more for Juve than Baggio, frankly I don't see how anyone could disagree.

Holygr4le

Aug 4, 2005
++ [ originally posted by Martin ] ++
No I must not. And let's not mix everything in. I claim Del Piero has done more for Juve than Baggio, frankly I don't see how anyone could disagree.
Agree.

This thread is about witch player that have had the biggest influence on Juve. Not witch one is the grater player or witch one has meant the most for the Italian NT.

1: Juve has won more titles with DP than with Baggio.
2: DP is an Icon related to Juve, Baggio never was in the same way.
3: Sure, Baggio scored a lot more goals in serie A, but DP is the leading scorer in champions league.

Just cause Inzagi scored a lot of goals for Milan doesn’t mean that he is very valuable for the team, or an Icon for that matter.

DP is for Juve what Balack is for Bayern Munchen and what Beckham WAS for M united.

Sep 28, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Holygr4le ] ++

DP is for Juve what Balack is for Bayern Munchen and what Beckham WAS for M united.
disagree. he is more important. ballack is there for 2 years only ffs.

anyway, worthless argument this is...

Holygr4le

Aug 4, 2005
++ [ originally posted by Fliakis ] ++

disagree. he is more important. ballack is there for 2 years only ffs.

anyway, worthless argument this is...
yadda yadda yadda...
Ok. I was not up to date on Ballack, wrote it more on a gut feeling.

Does it matter???
DP is over the top. Both him and Baggio served Juve well over the years but in a soon future (hopefully wright now) the will be rememberd for the gr8 things they produced on the pitch in the past and we will create new icons...

- vOnAm -

Jul 22, 2004
Well, everytime someone starts saying stuff about filling BAggio's shoes or being Baggio's heir...it relates to the person as an overall player not only his contribution to Juve.

But in terms of Juve, DP did fill his shoes for 4-5 years, then the shoes became loose again.

jumbo

Juve all time top scorer
Nov 7, 2004
Baggio took his shoes with him when he left Juventus.
The question is, who will fill Del Piero's shoes now?

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Holygr4le ] ++
I don't think United fans ever revered Beckham like Juve fans do Del Piero. If there's an equivalent player there, it's Roy Keane.
They've even got a smilie for him on Redcafe.net:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)