did del piero ACTUALLY fill baggio's shoes? (At Juve) (2 Viewers)

Holygr4le

Aug 4, 2005
++ [ originally posted by axlrose85 ] ++
maldini and milan anyone?
surely,this is the greatest example of all!!
Well the thing with that example is that Maldini still playes at a level were he is the first choise. But otherwise its a great example.
His career is truly impressive!

Holygr4le

Aug 4, 2005
Does anyone remeber other players fading?
How did they end there careers?

Some players could have gone out with more grace..., as Baresi. He went his last year to Japan. :down:

How did Platini, Boniek or Rossi end their careers?

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by m_elayyan ] ++
IMO baggio done more to juve and NT more than dp , if dp fans say that he was great then he got injured , that is not baggio fault , if you see what baggio achieved you must agree with me
I am convinced, you are a fool, there's no other possible explanation. At first I thought that you were just heavily biassed but I was wrong, you're just plain stupid. WTF does Baggio's success with the Italy NT have to do with what we're talking about? And how the fvck can you say that Roby did more for Juve than Del Piero? Seemingly you still don't understand that we're not comparing the two players or discussing who was better on the whole. The topic is 'did DP fill Baggio's shoes?' and he did. Alex has been a key figure in more than one way at Juventus for over a decade. He's less than ten goals from becoming Juve's all time leading goalscorer and he won way more than Baggio did in Turin. The fact that Roby won the Balon d'Or and Del Piero didn't is irrelevant, so is the fact that Roby was better for the Azzurri.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Even though I agree with you Stu...I'm not sure if everybody is on the same page on the topic of this thread. If we are discussing whether or not Del Piero filled Baggio's shoes at Juventus, the answer is clearly yes. However, if we are discussing whether or not Alex filled Roby's shoes in football as a whole, the answer is clearly no as far as I'm concerned. We must be specific when discussing this subject.

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Andy ] ++
Even though I agree with you Stu...I'm not sure if everybody is on the same page on the topic of this thread. If we are discussing whether or not Del Piero filled Baggio's shoes at Juventus, the answer is clearly yes. However, if we are discussing whether or not Alex filled Roby's shoes in football as a whole, the answer is clearly no as far as I'm concerned. We must be specific when discussing this subject.
Be that way. ;)

OP
HelterSkelter

HelterSkelter

Apr 15, 2005
  • Thread Starter #91
    i think it has to be accepted,that even though dp might have filled baggio shoes AT JUVENTUS,overall as a player,he has not achieved the great things that were expected of him.he has fallen short of expectations.he will always be like an unfinished story because time is not on his side anymore.

Daddi

Cuadrado is juan hell of a derby king!
    Oct 27, 2004
    I think Del Piero filled Baggios shoes, and more. He has been MUCH more crucial to Juventus than Baggio. Maybe Baggio would been better if he stayed at a longer time, but he went to other clubs like Inter, Brescia etc.

- vOnAm -

Jul 22, 2004
    yup, then it was a new management with Lippi and all, in fact Del Piero's long existance has been because of Lippi, we sold baggio when he was like 28 and very much still producing.

But Lippi just opted for the younger DP, in part I think Lippi felt very proud that he had a hand in making DP who he is thats why he is overly biased as our coach when it came to DP.

As I said before, he filled Baggio's shoes for about 4 years, and then it came off.

Maher

Juventuz addict
    Dec 16, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Stuart ] ++

I am convinced, you are a fool, there's no other possible explanation. At first I thought that you were just heavily biassed but I was wrong, you're just plain stupid. WTF does Baggio's success with the Italy NT have to do with what we're talking about? And how the fvck can you say that Roby did more for Juve than Del Piero? Seemingly you still don't understand that we're not comparing the two players or discussing who was better on the whole. The topic is 'did DP fill Baggio's shoes?' and he did. Alex has been a key figure in more than one way at Juventus for over a decade. He's less than ten goals from becoming Juve's all time leading goalscorer and he won way more than Baggio did in Turin. The fact that Roby won the Balon d'Or and Del Piero didn't is irrelevant, so is the fact that Roby was better for the Azzurri.
    as usual , the dp assholes like stuart and others dont see my point , so please f u c k off , i dont want to start another dp debate:(

Holygr4le

Aug 4, 2005
    See all the feelings when it comes to DP.
    This must truly be the evidence of that he infact filled Baggios shoes.
    In other way this thread would have been ended for 4 pages ago...

:D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)