Deschamps Wants Lucarelli (7 Viewers)

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
i would rather get someone relatively younger, although he is very good but i think the guy is a troublemaker and this is the last thing we need in the club at the moment

- vOnAm -

Jul 22, 2004
Well he does have Serie B experience which we need...but looking at our potential forward line-up:

Bojinov, Del piero, paladino, Volpato, G.Sculli, T.Guzman, Zalayeta

Do we really need him?

- vOnAm -

Jul 22, 2004
But is he really neccessary with the players we have available?

I'd pick DP, Bojinov, and Zalayeta over him...eventhough Lucarelli is a guarentee for goals..

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
Nov 7, 2005
- vOnAm - said:
But is he really neccessary with the players we have available?

I'd pick DP, Bojinov, and Zalayeta over him...eventhough Lucarelli is a guarentee for goals..
Well, we need at least 4 quality strikers so there you have it I guess..

- vOnAm -

Jul 22, 2004
I just don't think its serie A, I mean how would Bojinov and Zalayeta feel about bieng on the bench in serie B? I mean whatta dis..

I think we need to maintain the atmosphere and enthusiasm...I guess what we can say about the 4 that we're talkin about is that they have different styles thus an option for Deschamps to have.

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
- vOnAm - said:
I just don't think its serie A, I mean how would Bojinov and Zalayeta feel about bieng on the bench in serie B? I mean whatta dis..

I think we need to maintain the atmosphere and enthusiasm...I guess what we can say about the 4 that we're talkin about is that they have different styles thus an option for Deschamps to have.
Lucarelli? He loves Livorno to the core, and furthermore Livorno is in UEFA Cup, in contention for European competitions, something Lucarelli is dying for. With this I doubt Lucarelli will love Livorno even more. He even rejected a deal in Moscow, so to stay in Serie B is even impossible. So I don't even think Lucarelli is a wise option at all.

And we should pay attention to the core of the attack team as well. Start building from there and we are ready to go

- vOnAm -

Jul 22, 2004
yeah I agree, thats why I questioned his purchase in the first place, even if he could come, I don't think we really need him.

If nedved stays I think we're pretty much all set for next season..only CBs are my worry, but hopefully Legrotaglie and Tudor will suffice for next season...

Juvewiz

Aug 22, 2003
- vOnAm - said:
Well he does have Serie B experience which we need...but looking at our potential forward line-up:

Do we really need him?
I am sure we don't really need him. There are quite a few good options upfront within our squad. But with Trezeguet probably not staying, we don't have a typical goalscoring striker. Lucarelli has proved himself the last seasons in serie A, scoring around 20 goals per season. I think he could form a magnificent partnership with Ale, who would play a little bit behind him. Lucarelli is better than Trezeguet outside of the box, and not much poorer inside. He is a very good player indeed.

I agree however with those who think he is a little bit old. But it's not like he is close to his retirement... :) 7 mill Euro is maybe a little bit too much, but in my opinion he would be our best striker if he joined us.

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
JUVESUPPORTER said:
we don't really need him, and for 7 million not a chance
spot on, and nice avatar by the way +rep

juvewiz, since we r rebuilding i would rather get someone else who has the same qualities.If we dont get anybody i wont mind, we still have zalayeta, unless he leaves i think we r going to more than alrite upfront

Morra10

Apr 30, 2006
- vOnAm - said:

Do we really need him?

yes.....did you see him last year. he was italys 6th striker. lippi took 5 and he just missed out. he should start beside del and maybe bojinov and nedved behind them. because even bojinov doesnt play that striker role. we need a stright striker, and maybe he can play there and score some goals.

Eddy

The Maestro
Aug 20, 2005
Morra10 said:
yes.....did you see him last year. he was italys 6th striker. lippi took 5 and he just missed out. he should start beside del and maybe bojinov and nedved behind them. because even bojinov doesnt play that striker role. we need a stright striker, and maybe he can play there and score some goals.
Bojinov is exactly like Del Piero but plays on the right. If we go for a 4-3-3, we would seriously damage any Serie B club that come and play us.

Del Piero - Lucarelli - Bojinov

Nedved in the back centrewise. Marchionni on the right and DM would be needed as well.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
If this happens, then I could really envision a 4-3-3 formation.

If that is the case, then you don't need 4 quality strikers, you'll need at least 5.

Besides, I can really see the Midfield being a weak spot for this team next year. The thought of Giannicheda being our defensive stalwart in midfield gives me the goose bumps, and not in a good way

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)