Dennis Praet - CM - Sampdoria (3 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
The barometer you need to go off of is by the reaction here on Tuz. If there is an overreaction in the "nay" the player will probably do well for us. :tup:

- - - Updated - - -

why are you always so certain a player will be bad before actually watching him play in a Juve lineup? :D
Because he's Belgian he's already overrated :D

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
If we are chasing this quality of players then we're already doing it wrong.

Get top class midfielders so that our current midfielders can ride the bench.

Praet is someone who would be on the bench right now and could be top quality for us in three years time. If we want someone to improve our midfield straight away, I don't see him as the right purchase tbh.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Thing is we need quality starters not more depth players
I agree to an extent. Someone like Sturaro is a depth player and will always be just that. Praet will start out as one, but evolve into a starter. My point is more that I wouldn't be against Praet joining as long as we also get a midfielder who can start straight away.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
I agree to an extent. Someone like Sturaro is a depth player and will always be just that. Praet will start out as one, but evolve into a starter. My point is more that I wouldn't be against Praet joining as long as we also get a midfielder who can start straight away.
My worry is that this will eat into our budget to buy the quality we need. I'm never against signing depth unless it becomes a financial strain in the search of quality which I fear is always the case at Juve

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
My worry is that this will eat into our budget to buy the quality we need. I'm never against signing depth unless it becomes a financial strain in the search of quality which I fear is always the case at Juve

Yeah, if getting Praet means we can't get someone who is an instant upgrade over our current midfielders, I'd be against signing him.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
How do you pronounce Praet? In French or Dutch?
It's a Flemish name, so it has to be pronounced in the Dutch way (though I guess that's an oversimplification, my name is French, but it has to be pronounced the Dutch way too). Basically you say Praat.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
i don't believe it, we have a similar player in Bentancur, why do we splash 25-30M for Praet?

Praet offers more physicality, more speed and overall is the more versatile player. I'm pretty alone in this, but I don't think Bentancur will be the right player for us.

athas

Jul 15, 2007
Praet offers more physicality, more speed and overall is the more versatile player. I'm pretty alone in this, but I don't think Bentancur will be the right player for us.
Yes, but i think their style is similar ( Bentancur playing regista only under Allegri, he always plays mezzala from what i've seen). I don't know if Bentancur will be the right player or not, but do you think Praet worth a 25-30M upgrade, consider we have many signing to filling the gap?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)