Denis Zakaria (7 Viewers)

Rockets

Jul 26, 2022
I was ready to bash him, but he improved in the 2nd half and showed he can actually play some ball. His first touch improved.

He is looking to me not as a DM (lacks passing ability) and also not as a B2B (has no offensive game), but more like a classic defensive minded CM, in a supporting role, better suited for a mid of 2.

Ideally you play this guy alongside a Locatelli, Fagioli or Pogba as the other CM. Should avoid playing him with Mckennie, who also can't really pass.
atm he looks like a Bentancur who doesn't brainfart

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
I was ready to bash him, but he improved in the 2nd half and showed he can actually play some ball. His first touch improved.

He is looking to me not as a DM (lacks passing ability) and also not as a B2B (has no offensive game), but more like a classic defensive minded CM, in a supporting role, better suited for a mid of 2.

Ideally you play this guy alongside a Locatelli, Fagioli or Pogba as the other CM. Should avoid playing him with Mckennie, who also can't really pass.
I disagree, he does have some offensive game as a marauding B2B - once he gets his head down and goes he's very hard to stop, but he doesn't have much finesse to his game, that much is obvious. I just don't think his ball handling is good enough to play as the DM in the way Max wants one, absorbing pressure and moving the ball on. As you say if he was in a two with a baller alongside him then fair enough.

Tak!

Jun 23, 2011
He is pretty much as I expected but less imposing. Thought he would use his physique more to his advantage. I see him as a role player, someone to put on to close off games or in games where we need more strength. He is and will never be a starter here but can fill a tactical role. That's why I see more use of him than Rabiot, Arthur and McKennie that really do not serve any purpose unless they suddenly start producing.

Snobist

DareDevil
Apr 16, 2017
4-2-3-1? Where are you going to get those 3 to support Vlahovic? Who is going to back them up on the bench man?

Allegri is not going to play a 3 man defense, so forget 3-4-2-1.
3-4-2-1

Danilo-Bonucci-Bremer
Cuads-Loca-Pogba-Kostic
Di Maria-Vlahovic-Chiesa

I'm talking when everyone is fit.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)