Denis Zakaria (19 Viewers)

May 26, 2016
Anyone watched this guy?
Statistically he doesn't seem any better than our midfielders (stats are per 90 minutes, while for goals and assists it shows the total).

Tackles:
Bentancur 2.5
Arthur 2.4
Rabiot 2.1
Locatelli 1.7
Zakaria 1.5
McKennie 1.3

Interceptions:
Bentancur 2
McKennie 1.6
Zakaria 1.2
Locatelli 1
Rabiot 0.8
Arthur 0.3

Dispossessed:
Arthur 0.3
Locatelli 0.6
Zakaria 0.7
Bentancur 1
Rabiot 1.2
McKennie 1.3

Aerials won:
McKennie 2
Rabiot 2
Bentancur 1.6
Locatelli 1.3
Zakaria 0.9
Arthur 0.8

Successful passes:
Arthur 62.6
Locatelli 52.5
Bentancur 51.2
Zakaria 47.1
Rabiot 35.6
McKennie 26.1

Chances created:
McKennie 1
Bentancur 0.9
Arthur 0.8
Locatelli 0.7
Zakaria 0.6
Rabiot 0.5

Goals:
Locatelli 3
McKennie 3
Zakaria 2
Arthur 0
Bentancur 0
Rabiot 0

Assists:
Locatelli 2
Bentancur 2
Rabiot 1
Zakaria 1
McKennie 0
Arthur 0
Statistics make Cristina look better than Maradona, means nothing

May 26, 2016
Hopefully, because those are some terrible stats for Zakaria. He doesn't make it in top 2 in a single one of the above categories, and his rivals there are the Juve midfielders.
I think expectations should be lowered. I was over the moon earlier today but had to calm down a bit and remind myself>

This is a player that has been through a serious injury and was clearly affected by it.

Nevertheless, its a great market opportunity and relatively low risk.

Also, this is a huge move for him. A dream come true for sure.

Im convinced he will work hard to regain form and give his best

campionesidd

Mar 16, 2013
Anyone watched this guy?
Statistically he doesn't seem any better than our midfielders (stats are per 90 minutes, while for goals and assists it shows the total).

Tackles:
Bentancur 2.5
Arthur 2.4
Rabiot 2.1
Locatelli 1.7
Zakaria 1.5
McKennie 1.3

Interceptions:
Bentancur 2
McKennie 1.6
Zakaria 1.2
Locatelli 1
Rabiot 0.8
Arthur 0.3

Dispossessed:
Arthur 0.3
Locatelli 0.6
Zakaria 0.7
Bentancur 1
Rabiot 1.2
McKennie 1.3

Aerials won:
McKennie 2
Rabiot 2
Bentancur 1.6
Locatelli 1.3
Zakaria 0.9
Arthur 0.8

Successful passes:
Arthur 62.6
Locatelli 52.5
Bentancur 51.2
Zakaria 47.1
Rabiot 35.6
McKennie 26.1

Chances created:
McKennie 1
Bentancur 0.9
Arthur 0.8
Locatelli 0.7
Zakaria 0.6
Rabiot 0.5

Goals:
Locatelli 3
McKennie 3
Zakaria 2
Arthur 0
Bentancur 0
Rabiot 0

Assists:
Locatelli 2
Bentancur 2
Rabiot 1
Zakaria 1
McKennie 0
Arthur 0
Does he pass the eye test? Statistics are irrelevant for midfielders.

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
Anyone watched this guy?

Tackles:
Bentancur 2.5
Arthur 2.4
Rabiot 2.1
Locatelli 1.7
Zakaria 1.5
McKennie 1.3

Interceptions:
Bentancur 2
McKennie 1.6
Zakaria 1.2
Locatelli 1
Rabiot 0.8
Arthur 0.3

Dispossessed:
Arthur 0.3
Locatelli 0.6
Zakaria 0.7
Bentancur 1
Rabiot 1.2
McKennie 1.3

Aerials won:
McKennie 2
Rabiot 2
Bentancur 1.6
Locatelli 1.3
Zakaria 0.9
Arthur 0.8

Successful passes:
Arthur 62.6
Locatelli 52.5
Bentancur 51.2
Zakaria 47.1
Rabiot 35.6
McKennie 26.1

Chances created:
McKennie 1
Bentancur 0.9
Arthur 0.8
Locatelli 0.7
Zakaria 0.6
Rabiot 0.5

Goals:
Locatelli 3
McKennie 3
Zakaria 2
Arthur 0
Bentancur 0
Rabiot 0

Assists:
Locatelli 2
Bentancur 2
Rabiot 1
Zakaria 1
McKennie 0
Arthur 0
We sit in our box the whole match. Of course all our CMs will have high defensive stats.

MikeM

Sep 21, 2008
They have better offensive stats than Zakaria too.
Once again, before arguing with the stats I shared, has anyone seen this guy play and how did he look?
He is a destroyer. One of the most athletic players on the pitch. Not a good passer. Tries to dribble everything, sometimes succeeds and sometimes fails. Not a B2B but he will probably try to play it and fail.

Not the type to succeed under any circumstance like Locatelli. His success will depend on if we use him correctly.

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012
He is a destroyer. One of the most athletic players on the pitch. Not a good passer. Tries to dribble everything, sometimes succeeds and sometimes fails. Not a B2B but he will probably try to play it and fail.

Not the type to succeed under any circumstance like Locatelli. His success will depend on if we use him correctly.
Loca and him as bodyguards for the front 4 in 4231. I hope he does better under pressure than Bentancur did.

The other trait would be that he tries to play forward while Benta was a fucking back pass master. This can be obviously due to the coach's request but one could never feel secure when Benta was on the ball and it was worse when it was on our half.

All I'd ask for would be to be our Kessie. Loca can do the playmaking and joining the attacks.

MikeM

Sep 21, 2008
Loca and him as bodyguards for the front 4 in 4231. I hope he does better under pressure than Bentancur did.

The other trait would be that he tries to play forward while Benta was a fucking back pass master. This can be obviously due to the coach's request but one could never feel secure when Benta was on the ball and it was worse when it was on our half.

All I'd ask for would be to be our Kessie. Loca can do the playmaking and joining the attacks.
Exactly. When you use only 2 CMs in front of the CBs and not 3, then you need 2 that can cover ground. And the only one we had was Bentancur, that's why Max never played Arthur or Rabiot beside Locatelli.

So I'm thinking Max wants Zakaria precisely to play beside Loca. In which case, his range and speed will be very useful.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
He is a destroyer. One of the most athletic players on the pitch. Not a good passer.
Whoscored.com has passing as his strength and tackling as his main weakness :D
Well, I guess we'll get the chance to see ourselves. The midfield can't get worse than what we've witnessed in the last two seasons.

juve123

Aug 10, 2017
They have better offensive stats than Zakaria too.
Once again, before arguing with the stats I shared, has anyone seen this guy play and how did he look?
As his nickname suggested a new sissoko/Matuidi type of midfielder with clumsy ball control but then again Bundesliga is different to serie a.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
As his nickname suggested a new sissoko/Matuidi type of midfielder with clumsy ball control but then again Bundesliga is different to serie a.
Sissoko and Matuidi were very different players. Clumsy indeed, tho. Although Sissoko takes the cake here. He was the clumsiest of them all :D
But Sissoko was a defensive beast. All about tackling and intercepting balls. Matuidi was a much more intelligent player. Too bad stats can be found only about Sissoko's last season in Juve. The motherfucker was making 4.6 tackles and 2.9 interceptions per 90 minutes. Only top form Vidal came close to this. But Sissoko's passing was abysmal. He had below 80% accuracy in short passes. Zakaria has below average defensive stats, but his passing seems fine. 91% success in short passes.
Matuidi was somewhere in between. A hard worker with intelligent movement. Statistically he was average. Not great, but far from bad tackler, and 92% successful passes. I hope this Zakaria is much closer to Matuidi than Sissoko.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 18)