Del Piero & Trezeguet aiming high* (1 Viewer)

May 25, 2006

Alex Del Piero took his place at the top of the Bianconeri’s all-time goal scorers chart earlier this year, breaking Giampiero Boniperti’s record of 183 goals for the club with a hat-trick against Fiorentina. On Saturday, the Juventus hitman netted his 199th goal for the Old Lady, and came within inches of a magical double century, denied only by a last ditch goal line clearance by Modena’s Perna. The captain just can’t stop scoring, or winning.
The World Cup winner’s medal he picked up in Germany this summer was just the latest success in one of world football’s most glittering careers, and Del Piero now has the Serie B title in his sights.
With two goals in three championship appearances already this season, including a trademark free-kick against Vicenza, the number 10 is off to a flying start, and that’s not to mention the three goals he bagged in the Coppa Italia last month. He’s the symbol of this club, the hero, the captain, and it will take a very special performance from the Piacenza back line this Saturday to deny him the Herculean feat of 200 goals in the black and white of Juventus. ;)

Meanwhile, David ‘Trezegol’ Trezeguet, is leading the Serie B scorer’s chart with three goals in two matches already this season. The French bomber was crowned as the highest scoring foreigner in the club’s history before the 2-1 win over Vicenza on match day two, and his efforts since have seen his total rise to 128 in just 209 games for the Bianconeri, an incredible strike rate which confirms his reputation as one of Europe’s most lethal forwards.
It will be a while yet before the 28 year-old emulates Del Piero’s total, but at the rate Trezeguet is going, it won’t come as a surprise if the captain starts looking over his shoulder by the end of the season. For the time being, just another three strikes will put him level with Pietro Anastasi as the sixth highest goal scorer in the history of the club, and another prolific season could see him take a seat in the top five, with Felice Placido Borel II’s total of 161 goals a more than realistic target. As the banner held up by fans before Saturday’s game with Modena read, “Tus goles haran la historia” (“your goals will make history”), but the truth is, they already have. :weee:

Buy on AliExpress.com

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
Its good that Treze is motivated to brake those records, he might stick around a few more years...

Alex wants a title that had never conquered, it will be a dif since some teams dont drop points (Brescia) and our handicap remains...

I wish them all the best!

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

i'd be so fucking proud if treze retires a juventino. these two are just magical players and persons.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
vlatko said:
i'd be so fucking proud if treze retires a juventino. these two are just magical players and persons.
Yeah I would love that too. Trezzy has been here 7 years, the average "long" tenure is about 5 years (Platini, Baggio, Zidane). Trez has assured a legacy for staying longer than those guys did, and scored more goals than anyone else in the number of matches he's played. This year he could break into the top5 all time top scorers and if he wanted to retire at Juve, it's likely he would finish as 1st or 2nd all time top scorer.

The only thing he hasn't won yet is the CL.

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

Martin said:
Yeah I would love that too. Trezzy has been here 7 years, the average "long" tenure is about 5 years (Platini, Baggio, Zidane). Trez has assured a legacy for staying longer than those guys did, and scored more goals than anyone else in the number of matches he's played. This year he could break into the top5 all time top scorers and if he wanted to retire at Juve, it's likely he would finish as 1st or 2nd all time top scorer.

The only thing he hasn't won yet is the CL.
7 years... has it been that long? :D
i remember his first year with us, he was a sub for inzaghi in quite a few games, i was afraid he'd leave. then moggi done the deal of the centuary and the rest is history, goals just keep on coming.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
vlatko said:
7 years... has it been that long? :D
i remember his first year with us, he was a sub for inzaghi in quite a few games, i was afraid he'd leave. then moggi done the deal of the centuary and the rest is history, goals just keep on coming.
My only regret is that he only played one season with Zizou.

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

Martin said:
i regret zizou leaving us period. but i don't hold it against him, there is only one zizou.

el_02

Jul 31, 2006
*my 200th posts* :p

7 years... has it been that long?
Yeah, i didn't realize either is already 7 years.. Wow.. :shocked: Yea, I was afraid too that he'd leave us like Henry did..

We are lucky

We can watch greatest duet in the world

They are LEGEND
:agree:

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
vlatko said:
i regret zizou leaving us period. but i don't hold it against him, there is only one zizou.

i will never hold anything against ZZ, no one player has ever drawn me to calcio like him, he is the primary reason why i cheer for juve. :toast: :toast:

in retrospect if you think of the all the talent that has shuffled through here in the past 10yrs then one must think that this is one of the greatest clubs in the sporting world.:toast:

OP
Miss Dangerous*
May 25, 2006
  • Thread Starter #16
    He’s the symbol of this club, the hero, the captain, and it will take a very special performance from the Piacenza back line this Saturday to deny him the Herculean feat of 200 goals in the black and white of Juventus.
    I wish I could watch the match, to see him scores this goal of history....:tup: ..
    Alex is my hero, and he`ll always be....:cheesy: ..

AngelaL

Jinx Minx
    Aug 25, 2006
    bianco neri said:
    in retrospect if you think of the all the talent that has shuffled through here in the past 10yrs then one must think that this is one of the greatest clubs in the sporting world.:toast:
    One thinks so because Juve is the greatest club in the sporting world.

swag

L'autista
    Administrator
    Sep 23, 2003
    Let me get this straight, Miss Dangerous*: the reason you thought this didn't belong in either the official Del Piero or official Trezeguet threads was...??? :confused2

OP
    Miss Dangerous*
    May 25, 2006
  • Thread Starter #20
    Let me get this straight, Miss Dangerous*: the reason you thought this didn't belong in either the official Del Piero or official Trezeguet threads was...???
    The reason was, this topic is about the two players not only one of them. and it would be unfair to post it in Alex`s or Trezeguet`s threads.. that was my first reason. :toast:
    the second one, I don`t see any-reason for you to be upset. `cause I don`t think that I`ve broke the rules when I`ve posted this topic in this forum witch it especially for players news....:angel2:
    well, let me be straight with you. sometimes I really can`t understand some of the rules in this forum. I guess they are a little bit intense. I don`t see that in any-other forums, I`m not here to change anything, `cause I respect this site.
    but sometimes I post some-topics and I don`t mean to break the rules or anything.. but then I find you close them without giving me a clear reason for that..
    anyway, if you think that this topic is not in its right place you can close it or even remove it. it`s not a big deal for me. :smile:
    but I want you to know this one thing, I am here in this forum because I`m a big fan of Juventus and I wanna share my thoughts with the other Juve fans.. :oops:
    I can be in any-other forums of Juve. But I`ve choosed this one, `cause I think it`s great.. :cool2:
    sorry for my honesty, but this was my answer....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)