Del Piero: a hero or a choker? (1 Viewer)

mate

Aug 28, 2002
++ [ originally posted by denco ] ++
What has saying he is one of the best if not the best player to have played for Juventus got to do with the NT?
I was refering to him as a Juventus player not Italy player as I am not silly enuff to say he has been top quality for the NT

Zizou says top 20 but not top 5, pray tell tell me the 4 ahead of him and all that being whistled and booed after every game in 2001 is sheer bull, there is only 1 match in particular against Bologna where there was ever hulabaloo against his being booed even of he deserved to be booed the season before that as he was bad

Zidane, a player i absolutely adore was a passenger most of the time in the league, save his last season at Juve, was very good in Cl matches but was not so good in the league matches and he also heard boos by Juve fans

Platini retired as soon as the going got tough

I dont remember anyone protesting or breaking down anything when Baggio was sold to Milan so whay are we now talking about that there won't have been protests if Dp was sold

Yes the age old protests by Baggio supporters that he was misunderstood by his coaches who did not understand his genius and we are talking about Trapatoni with how many league title, Capello with how many scudettos and Cl medals and Sacchi who won how many European cups and 1 scudettos
No we should all believe Mazzone that great coach who won so many scudettos in his career

The fact is while Baggio was flag bearer we won zilch and its seems funny to me that both sets of fans dont realise that both players are great in their own way and limited in their almost similar ways
The big difference is that Baggio is far superior mentally but they are both good but not good enough to build your team around to win the big one like the world cup and Champios league
But as far Juve goes I would always put Dp ahead of Baggio simple because Dp is the better team player and gives more over a season than Baggio

Mate i hope your sig. does not mean that Maradona wants to put Baggio up his nose
The NT answer was not to you btw.

I am kinda agree about what you saying about Zizou, maybe he did not schow his best in Juve but in his NT and in Real, but considering his whole career he is far ahead than Del Piero. Zidane is already a soccer legend, yes maybe not in the top 5 of always, but in the top 20... but this is not bad at all... don't you think so?

I don't understand how you are not bored of talking about Baggio, if you dislike him so mutch (You are obssessed :D )... you asked this question about how he managed to fight with so many coaches 100 times, I don't belive you are coming out with it again :eek:, so I'm not going to spend many words on answering... It is probably due to his "too mutch popolarity" and yes maybe also to some personality problems that he has... I'm not here to say that he is perfect, he probably has (or had, cause lately he looks more quite an mature) some personality problems...
Why don't you open your "anti Baggio" trade? If you put togeder all your posts in which you try to say that actually he do not deserve to be considered one of bests player of ever and in which you try to find something wrong with him that you spammed in every trade it will come out the longest trade of the forums :D

Btw I am agree about that considering just the Juve career is not a crime to put DP ahead of Baggio cause Roby was way more schiny, he really did unforgettable things but he did not become a "flag" and he also did controverisial things like refusing to kick the penalty vs Fiorentina, putting on the Viola scarf, fighting with Bettega, ecc... (and I understand that it's all good material to think that he maybe never loved the Juve jersey so deeply) while DP was never "the best" but gave his contribute 4 10 years. He will never chill fans like Baggio but his contribute to the bianconeri jersey is highter. Theire cases are so different... they cannot be compared, it just depend on tastes...

But one thing is sure overall DP cannot even hope to be compared with Baggio like you alwys want to do, cause he is just a player considered by his fans while Roby is not only considered the "Italian soccer king" of ever but in the tops players of soccer history. That's it... you can't help it ;)

Anycase considering JUST their contribute in Juve I have nothing to say to you... somebody prefer Baggio, somebody Del Piero, somebody both in the same way... and their situation is so different... to finisch the discussion (I hope at list) I can say if they weare 2 girls :D and Juve a guy... Roby is the one who made him loose his head, a history of passion with over joy and over pain, while DP is his regolar girlfriend, who maybe never gave all the emotions that the other one did but is always there, never do something bad and give him a lot of "safety".
Well we can discuss 4 ever of which one is the best... everybody has his taste...

What about my signature... I just quote the words of "very famos" Roby fans. Before I had the Rivera's, now I have the Maradona's...

P.S.: please next time you have something about Baggio open a new trade cause not everybody are interested in it... Otherwise I like to answer cause you are the harder antiBaggio I ever met and is funny to discuss but I realize isn't nice to make all the trades going out of topic...

Zizou

Apr 21, 2003
Denco you asked for 4 players of Juventus who have been better than DP? I can name you more than 4 ;)

Sivori, Charles, Platini and Boniperti (noticed I did not mention Baggio since you don't like him). I could name others like Zidane, Scirea, Tardelli, Zoff, Baggio, etc...

mate

Aug 28, 2002
Of course they didn't spend already so many years in bianconero but considering just the schort time also Nedved and Buffon...

mate

Aug 28, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Zizou ] ++
Yeah exactly there are so many players, that's why I do not believe DP is top 5 material, but top 20.
If you consider just the value of the players and not how long they have been in Juve surely I'm with you...
It have to be said that not many players spended 10 years in Juve... so maybe he can be ahead of somebody as "contribute to the bianconeri"... but if we are talking of "bests"... surely there are so many ahead...

gray

Apr 22, 2003
Zidane was not good for Juve. It made me so mad to compare his performances for France/Real to Juve... :fero:

mate

Aug 28, 2002
++ [ originally posted by gray ] ++
Zidane was not good for Juve. It made me so mad to compare his performances for France/Real to Juve... :fero:
His contribute to his NT and Real is probably highter but he did wonderful things in Juve... we forget too schortly...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)