Davids on his way???? (1 Viewer)

DAVIDZ

Sep 15, 2002
Juve won't sit him on the bench next year and then get rid of him for free next summer.....just doesn't make any sense.

I expect Juve to sell him within a week and everything seems to be indicating just that. Even todays game against Reggina he was fielded with the B team. Not a good sign.

Forza_La_Juve

Aug 7, 2003
but he was one of only 2 players who played the full ninety minutes...That's a good sign. Why would they care to get him in game shape just before selling him. I personally think he was in the dog house due to arriving late at a team meeting in NYC. Today was a good sign in my opinion. Hopefully he plays more 90 minute games very soon since it isn't clear whether he is staying or going.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
ell dont know. This case must be planned carefully, and think about it.

Ok, Davids is a good player, very good indeed. But his contract expires nect year, and sell a player with his talent for free will be very frustating for Moggi and cia. Remember they think more in money after all.

We have right now very good talents in the midfield, specially the new ones, im talking about Appiah and Maresca. They both need mopre time in the game to become great players. But Davids if he stay next year, he will be not in the bench of course. This means that Maresca and cia will have almost no opportunity to play, taking in consideration than Nedved, Camo and Tach will be first choice in a game.
I can name Olivera too, because this guy have a lot of talent and is a super creative midfielder, but he is young and surely he will go on loan this season (i hope so).

So, the risk of selling davids is that we will lose an important defensive midfielder, but the new ones like maresca and cia will have more room, and who knows, maybe those guys could be the future of the team.

And the main problem of all this matter is the money, because Juve dont want to give dadids for free.

Ivy

Jul 16, 2003
That what the mind says but not the heart. U know that Davids can't stay 4ever and it's only best for Juve to do as u hv said. But Edger is such a character that most of us just can't bear the thought of him leaving :touched:

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
lets just and see what moggi does.

is it this thursday which is the deadline for CL squad to be admitted??

so, if moggi is thinking of selling him and buying a replacement, he better do it quickly.

survivor

Dec 29, 2002
This is a very difficult situation. he's always the best on the pitch and the one who always puts full energy on every match.

If we keep him, there is a high risk that we'll lose him for nothing next season. But I'd rather keep him for a couple of seasons. I agree that our new midfielders are good, but I don't think they are ready yet for big matches like CL.

Unless juve has a new world class midfielder, he should stay!

dpforever

Prediction Game Champ 2003 & 2005
Jan 12, 2002
Moderator note: Thread merged with 'The Davids Saga'.

Please stick to one thread concerning Davids, no need for multiple threads discussing the same topic.

Thank you.

Bongiovi

Jul 12, 2002
Act one of the soap opera is over that was Marcello Salas, now act two is on going the Edgar Davids one. Yesterday (Tuesday) at 13.00 press realise, he was asked about Juve’s loss of interest in the Brazilian player by the name of Kaka, he jokingly said he did not like the name, then was asked about Davids is he staying or not, the reply was “Davids is a great Champion I have no intention of selling him yet”. (What does yet mean?)… At 15.40 Juve rush a bid through to Chievo for their midfielder Simone Perrotta (25), Juve offer Chievo 7 million euros plus the loan of other players (they have already four from Leggrottaglie deal, is this team going for Juve B).. At 22.45 first rounds of talks between Juve and Davids agents break down, after agreements look more and more distant than ever… Today (Wednesday) the Russian millionaire Roman Abramovich is in talks with Moggi, for the services of Davids, apparently the Chelsea boss has put 20 million euros on the table, an offer that even Juve might just find difficult to refuse...

Ivy

Jul 16, 2003
Thank u Bongiovi for the translation :)

Well, if this is the case, its 20 mil now over nothing next yr :down:. And yet to me means that due to my above reason, they will probably sell Davids, but just they havent come an agreement about the appropriate sum, hence the yet. Anyway it the source of this article reliable?

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Wow, 20 millions are 20 millions.

Well, if this is the case, i think that Moggi is not thinking baout it anymore.

They will selll him i think.

Espectro

The Grimreaper
Jul 12, 2002
Davids holding out for Roma move? Tuesday 12 August, 2003

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Juve’s new President has told Edgar Davids he is free to leave, but the player is resisting Premiership offers to aim for Roma.

The Dutchman has refused to extend his contract in the hope he can leave on a free next summer, but new President Franzo Grande Stevens has made the situation clear.

“Davids is a great player,” said the chief, “and I’d prefer it if he agreed a new deal and ended his career with us."

"But if he wants to leave then he can. Stephan Appiah is a more than adequate replacement.”

The Turin side was hoping to cash in on the former Ajax hero with an £8m offer from Chelsea, but Davids always refused overseas options.

It is now reported the reason behind this attitude is a basic agreement to join Roma on a free transfer next summer.

Davids almost joined the Giallorossi last season, but the negotiations failed when President Franco Sensi refused to meet the £10m price-tag.

Coach Fabio Capello and captain Francesco Totti have both publicly named the Juve man as their main target to reinforce the squad.

With the risk of losing any cash from his departure in 12 months’ time, Juventus may well bow down and accept a greatly reduced bid from their bitter Serie A rivals.

This would then allow Roma to release Brazilian midfielder Emerson to Chelsea or Barcelona, also bringing in fresh funds for a new striker.

Meanwhile, Juventus chief Grande Stevens, who took over following the untimely death of President Vittorio Chiusano this month, also looked to the future.

“Our dream buy is Dejan Stankovic,” he revealed. “The Lazio midfielder is a magnificent prospect.”

:frown::down::wallbang:

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Wait a moment, ok if they think that sell davids will be good for the team do it.

But Grande is the right guy to take the decitions??

he have just being named president!.

Signor

Jul 13, 2002
Davids eyes Juve extension

-------------------------------------------

Edgar Davids wants to extend his current contract with Italian champions Juventus, according to his agent.

The Dutchman only has a year left on his present deal in Turin but he wants to remain despite interest from Chelsea.

"It is true that the Premiership side made him an offer but he turned them down because he wants to continue at Juventus," Robert Geerlings told the Gazzetta dello Sport.

"There is a very real possibility that Edgar will renew his contract with the Bianconeri because that is his desire."

Speculation suggests that the former Ajax man will probably leave the club as talks over a new contract have stalled.

But Geerlings maintains those claims are untrue as contract negotiations have not even begun.

"Davids hasn’t received an offer from Juve as of yet," he continued. "I haven’t been in Turin since April and have not heard from the club since then. I am simply waiting for the call."

However, there is a distinct possibility that the Delle Alpi outfit will release the 30-year-old after the arrival of Stephan Appiah.

The Ghanaian youngster has quickly settled in Turin and has even replaced Davids in the first team so far this pre-season.

I hope this Saga will end as soon as possible.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)