Davids on his way???? (1 Viewer)

Signor

Jul 13, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Sunshine ] ++
well, if let's say he does leave. Who will u say will replace him?
Appiah showed that he can be a very good replacemnet for Davids....so i would like Juventus to sign stankovic from lazio.the guy is so versatile he can play anywhere on the field.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
I read Man Utd have offered 12.5 mil € for Davids. I also read that Moggi is meeting with his representatives in the next day or two to see what he wanst to sign a new contract. If the demands are too big, I think we'll sell.

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
Davids to be sold?
Posted by Alex | Football Italia

There are more questions marks over the future of Juventus star Edgar Davids after he played no part in the Italian Super Cup victory.

The Dutchman didn’t play a single minute in the penalty shoot-out win against Milan last night and speculation is mounting that he could be sold.

Sources close to the team suggest that the Dutchman was left out for disciplinary reasons even if those claims have been rubbished by the club.

"He didn’t play because he’s been struggling for form," insisted director general Luciano Moggi. "Davids is a great player and he’s not been punished at all."

This latest incident has simply added more fuel to stories linking the midfielder with a move away this summer.

Juventus turned down an £8m offer from Chelsea for Davids recently but they could still cash in on him in the next few weeks.

That is because the former Ajax gem only has a year left on his current contract which would make him a free agent next summer if he decided to not sign an extension.

It is believed that the Turin giants will meet with Davids’ representatives this week in order to assess the situation.

If the international’s wage demands are considered too steep by the Bianconeri then he could be sold in the near future
-----------------------------
probably bull,but all the same worrying:stress::(

Catenaccio

Jul 15, 2002
If we were to lose Davids that is a HUGE loss. Davids, in my opinion is the world's best central midfielder and has the versatility to play in a central left position. I rate him higher than Vieira, Emerson, Stankovic, etc etc etc

Appiah is a fine player who will do great things but it will take him a while to ever get to the same level as Davids if he ever gets there.

Something has to happen though because he only has 1 year left on his contract and we don't want to see him leave on a free transfer. if his wage demand are too high then thats a problem.

Even though Davids is 30, his fitness level means that he could still be with us for another 4or 5 years without any problems. The thing is that Davids wants to play in the EPL before he retires. So unfortunately we may need to sell him now. It would be great if we got Vieira in the process but I can't see Arsenal selling.:down:

Ivy

Jul 16, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Catenaccio ] ++
Even though Davids is 30, his fitness level means that he could still be with us for another 4or 5 years without any problems. The thing is that Davids wants to play in the EPL before he retires . So unfortunately we may need to sell him now. It would be great if we got Vieira in the process but I can't see Arsenal selling.:down:
Really? :eek: where did u hear abt that? I might be wrong but i thought i read somewhere that he wanted to play with us until he retires (.... or was it Nedved who said it :confused:....arrgh :wallbang: )

mate

Aug 28, 2002
Yes, he may leave :down:
The -going to disco before the Man UT game- is not the issue, the point is that is one year that Edgar is in contrast with Moggi&co. And we know that the first rule in Juve is "no-one has to speack out or complain" and Edgar did it more than one time.
Other thing: his contract will end next year, so Juve may loose him for 0 while now there are a lot of clubs who will pay a lot 4 him. The point is that if Edgar is very pist with the dirigency he may refuse all the transfers so next year he will be able to choose by himself what to do, and maybe go to Roma, weare he will never can go till he is owned by Juve cause Juve will never have business with Sensi.
The risk is that he may be put "out of team" and miss all the season, but why not? staying an other year he may do "peace" with Moggi and decide to sign a new contract.
Who knows what are Edgar intenctions? :confused:
I will be very sad if he will leave cause he is one of my favourites, but if the situation is really so bad maybe it will be better 4 him and also 4 Juve; to stay if you are fighting with everybody and probably will be punisced with the bench has no sence.

4 his sub... we already have Appiah, who IMO is the best young MF around, than we have Maresca and maybe Stankovic who next year will be with no contract already "promised" himself to Juve, so we may be able to acquire him for 0.

I already post this comments, but I wanted to post it again.

Guys I really think that there is a 90% possibility that this year or the next Edgar will leave :down:

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
if he leaves, i'd rather he went to chelsea than arsenal or man utd. vieira wont want to join juve, he hates the Serie A due to his milan experience.

and man utd offering 12.5 million euros isnt much considering chelsea were offering 15 million pounds for him.

if he leaves, theres not much we can do really. theres no point in keeping a player at the club if he doesnt really play for us anymore. ie. Zidanes case.

so, i think we should sell him if that is what he wants. we give him to a team like chelsea who are not in serie A or direct rivals. they give us more cash than any other team can at the moment. And we buy a player such as Stankovic who is obvisouly world class as well.

we all got depressed when zidane left but we got nedved etc...and we started off winning again.

the only sad thing would be that if juve actually won the CL next season and davids wasnt there. he deserves one as a juve boy.:down:

Ferrari^M

Sep 3, 2002
I dreamt that we would exchange Vieira to Davids last night, but Vieira will be signing a new cotract soon.
If davids leaves, maybe we should sign another DMC.

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
thats the thing though. if we were to sign Vieira, he isnt the same type of player as davids. vieira to me is ideal in tacchinardi's role.

To me, i think we have enough in tacchinardi, maresca and appiah. by getting a player of stankovic's qualities will benefit the team more as he gives more options.

in addition, if we were to get Vieira, i personally would use him soley as the DM and bring in another creative midfielder.

abit like this:

--------------vieira

-----miccoli----------nedved

--------------deco

have that type of midfield.

dpforever

Prediction Game Champ 2003 & 2005
Jan 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by DarkSoul ] ++
Appiah showed that he can be a very good replacemnet for Davids....
I wouldn't agree 100% with that statement .. Appiah did well but not quite good to be compared to Davids' standards .. Davids is one of the most balanced midfielders between defense and attack, and I believe Appiah is much more defense-oriented and thus would be a better natural replacement to Tacchi instead .. I would really like Lippi to try Maresca in Davids' role on the left of midfield because I believe Enzo is more balanced than Appiah based on his performances with Piacenza last season, indeed he has scored beautiful goals with them ..

Having said that, I've seen Appiah play a more offensive role with Brescia last season and was always surging forward leaving defensive duties to Guirdiola or Fillipini/Mutazalem .. But with us he has always remained behind with Tacchi .. leaving the offensive duties to Nedved ..

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
Edgar Davids was one of the most important people in the team last year.He was one always running on the field.Now looks like Moggi doesn' want him in the club anymore.I said Moggi not Lippi.Lippi is a very smart man he wouldn't let a player in the caliber of davids go to another team that would be competing in the champions leauge or even the seria A.

I think Davids should be given what he wants.He is very important to juve, and would be a wrong to let him go.It would a huge loss.

Please tell me what you think about this matter?

del pozzo

Jul 22, 2003
yeah he is important to us. he's great in everything. but it doesnt mean we have to treat him like a king. if he wants to stay here he would have sign the contract. im starting to piss off with this thing. maybe its time for us to let him go, if that what he wants, and bring on a new player. like zidane, after we've loss him, im kinda scared too but after Nedved arrived, i think we're much stronger than before.

but surely lets just hope that he'll sign a new contract and stay with us for a longer period.

Dragon

Apr 24, 2003
i think too he should be given what he wants but not if its too much, like i said before i really hope him and the club get to an arrangement because it'd be pretty sad to see him go. however if davids and the club dont get to something then sell him thats the best option instead of letting him in the bench until next year

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)