David Trezeguet (19 Viewers)

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
Eℓvin;2216846 said:
Do you think that's how he picks his starters for God's sake? "Oh, Trez has scored more than any of these guys, he must be the most useful".
last time I checked goals win you games.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
So if one "transgression" is enough to make you an object of hate forever, what does that make Elvin?
I agree it should not make him an object of hate. But tell that to the people who blame Cannavaro and Zambrotta but give Trez a free pass.

Trez didnt sell himself like a whore to the media & say Juve for life,like the maggot did,Fred.Canna was Italy captain,so essentially one cant expect a national team captain plying his trade in the second tier of Italian football.

Trez is a legend,our most prolific foreign goalscorer.That's what he offers,a lifetime in Juventus history.
Yes he didn't. Instead he made it clear that he wanted to move :D

Btw, I never doubted his quality, on the contrary i believe him to be a quality striker even at this age. He's proven enough this season.

Eℓvin;2216809 said:
Fred-man, these people think whenever Trez scores I start punching things in my room. No, I shout GOAL like all do. You're neutral here, and you get exactly what my problem is with him - he is a selfish player, and when he gets dropped to the bench once the other 3 forwards are fit... lookout for another tantrum.
I'd understand if you criticise his attitude, he's a whiner and a moaner as hard as it is for Juve fans to hear that. I've never been too fond of his behavior, and believe me if Iaquinta or Amauri behave the same way, they'd be hate figures for all Juve fans.

What i don't get though, is you questioning his ability. I remember you said a few months back that by January he wouldn't score 3 goals, that was a rather rash statement to make especially when talking about a natural goalscorer like Trez. He has been your best striker this season, starting less games than Iaquinta and Amauri but scoring more goals. 6 goals out of 6 starts is an amazing feat, especially at the age of 32 when a lot of people thought he was finished.

You can hate him for his attitude if you want, but at least admit that he is still a quality striker.

Fred, there is no difference. He did not hide the fact that he wanted to leave. He did it on more than one occasion. (The hand gestures at the end of the 2006 season, I believe, was one of them)

so, he's not an angel, and he probably isn't a 100% team player. But those types are very rare these days.

But let's be honest here. The guy is still very productive, and is a valuable asset to this team.

One of my concerns going into this season was how he would accept a reduced role if it came down to that. Someone of his pedigree most certainly was not used to having to sit on the bench.

Now, due to injuries and inconsistencies with other strikers, he's getting a lot more playing time than, most of us would admit, even himself, has gotten this season.

And the dude's scoring goals. sure, I would love it if he got himself more involved in other aspects, but this year he seems to be doing it more than any other time I can remember.

But the real quandry that Ferrara is going to find himself in is when Iaquinta and Del Piero come back from their injuries. That's not a lot of playing time for 4 strikers who this year and the last few seasons have shown that they all deserve playing time
Indeed he is, i rate him very highly myself. IMO he should start even when Amauri and Iaq come back from their respective injuries.

Eℓvin;2216819 said:
Does anyone here doubt that once the other 3 strikers are fit and available Trez will be Ferrara's 4th choice?
I think there is a big possibility that that would happen, but i also think that it would be a shame if he were dropped to the bench despite his goal to game ratio.

blondu

Grazie Ale
Nov 9, 2006
del piero, trez, amauri, iq...i think that's the correct order if we will play with 2 in front...this thing is changing if we're playing with a lonely striker.

Zé Tahir

JhoolayLaaaal!
Dec 10, 2004
I wouldn't even mind if it was from a mod that is actually present here and reads the shit the guys spews...JCK, Alen, Tahir, Swag and even Burke are here on a daily basis, while salman has been AWOL for quite a while now, so him giving me the warning when he CLEARLY does not have a clue on what's going on, that BS is hard to take.
I warned you for calling him a fucktard.If the others had posts where they swore at other members,then i'd warn them too.I didnt come across those posts,which is why they werent warned.If i did,id have no reason to not warn them.
Chalo shabash, galay milo.

I love that you're being mature here but when seven is around you have no restraint.:D
Listen here Mr. Controversy...:D

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
Ok, Elvin is just being stubborn here, Trezeguet has already scored 6 league goals despite not being a starter, 6 goals out of 6 starts is an extremely impressive feat. He has proven that he is still a world class poacher and to call him useless is nothing short of scandalous. You'd have to be biased to say that.

The fact that such a striker has to sit on the bench is extremely weird too. Trezeguet can still start for most teams in the world.

But on Elvin's other point, one has to look at it objectively and see where Elvin is coming from? What is the difference really between Trezeguet and Cannavaro or Zambrotta? Trezeguet wanted to jump ship as much as both players (Actually, he probably wouldn't have come back to Juve like Canna did, but thats just speculation). The only difference between them is that Juve saw Trez as being indispensable while it saw the other two players as dispensable.
Eℓvin;2216809 said:
Fred-man, these people think whenever Trez scores I start punching things in my room. No, I shout GOAL like all do. You're neutral here, and you get exactly what my problem is with him - he is a selfish player, and when he gets dropped to the bench once the other 3 forwards are fit... lookout for another tantrum.
So we have moved from his abilities to his attitude and behavior.

First about the Serie B part, he did want to leave as did camo, even Gigi and Neddy at one point ( the latter contemplated retirement) but didn't Gigli and Co. talk to them and show them the future plans ? That is a small reason why they stayed and more because of the club ofcourse. Trezi was bitching and moaning but still scored 15 goals in a season where he had many injuries.

Trezi's attitude is not the best but that is somewhat his nature and with that he is still well respected amongst his peers and rarely you would get someone speaking against him even though we think he has an attitude problem. And speaking about attitude problems even Alex had/has one of those. How many times did we see him get pissed of due to a substitution? I don't think it should be something we read much into unless you get it all the time and tantrums are thrown in the media and stuff (Gomez and Van Gaal comes into mind recently to some extent).

Ferrara will have tough choices to make when the strikers are fit. The one striker system could even put Ale on the bench, as he doesn't play well in that system.So lets not jump into conclusions yet. But we'll see how Ciro handles pressure from the inside once we have the strikers and midfielders back.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
I'd understand if you criticise his attitude, he's a whiner and a moaner as hard as it is for Juve fans to hear that. I've never been too fond of his behavior, and believe me if Iaquinta or Amauri behave the same way, they'd be hate figures for all Juve fans.

What i don't get though, is you questioning his ability. I remember you said a few months back that by January he wouldn't score 3 goals, that was a rather rash statement to make especially when talking about a natural goalscorer like Trez. He has been your best striker this season, starting less games than Iaquinta and Amauri but scoring more goals. 6 goals out of 6 starts is an amazing feat, especially at the age of 32 when a lot of people thought he was finished.

You can hate him for his attitude if you want, but at least admit that he is still a quality striker.
Very well said Fred, you not being a Juve fan allows for a much less biased point of view and I think that was a top post.

@Elvin you really think Trez will be Ferrara's 4th choice striker? Personally I don't think Ferrara has in mind a specific pecking order for the strikers yet and it is all down to form. The game against Udinese will be interesting because he should have DP, Trez and Amauri all fit. Considering DP likely won't start then it will show who between Trez and Amauri Ferrara favors.

Say whatever you want but six goals in six game is good for any striker on any team so Trezeguet is clearly in form, on the other hand Amauri seems like the more suitable player for a 4-2-3-1 formation and he has broken his goal scoring duct tbh I don't know which I would start up top.

Lo-Pan

Disciple of Gonzo
Feb 11, 2009
Amauri is a better link up player, and our midfielders will benefit from his presence more, perhaps, than they do through Trezeguet. But...Trezeguet's goal scoring record makes Amauri look more like a midfielder, in terms of consistency of putting the ball in the net. Yes, he recently broke his barren spell...and looked superb in the mauling of Samp, but it makes little sense to assume that Ciro will automatically bench trez in favour of the brazilian. Our midfielders did well against atalanta, WITH Trez. 2-5 away...lacking some key players...and our only true problems were the fullbacks, not attack.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 19)