David Trezeguet (10 Viewers)

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

I'm not gonna bother reading the last 4 pages. But between you and me he was very active last night, more than Iaq I thought. At least in the first half. Seeing Trez on the wing is not common.

Team played really bad, but if anything Iaq could have done more to create plays. Clearly he's no substitute for DP. (Well he is but you know what I mean.)
Between you and me...how does that work in a public forum? :D

Actually, you could read the last 2,3 pages, they're ok but this last one is :wallbang: all over again.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
I understand what you mean and, based on earlier performances, you might have a point. But yesterday, Trez was far more involved in the play than Iaquinta was.

Sadly, Juventuz & objectivity don't seem to get along great...
I don't know what to say but if you honestly think Trez was more involved then Iaquinta then you are being extremely unfair to Iaquinta. Iaquinta was working his ass off this game.

The problem is that you guys don't expect anything from Trezeguet and therefore you don't judge him as you judge other players. Trezeguet is not a good football player, he is a good finisher and that is what he has been living off.

May 22, 2007
Trezeguet is not a good football player, he is a good finisher and that is what he has been living off.
He is a good football player then? You don't have to be a complete to be a good footballer.

Iaquinta was more wasteful in possession than usual, he is only usually wasteful when he has to shoot.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
If that volley from yesterday went in, it would have been a copy of his extra time goal in the Euro 2000 final against Italy.
It was a great shot, very tough one, but he and we were unlucky it went wide.

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
I don't know what to say but if you honestly think Trez was more involved then Iaquinta then you are being extremely unfair to Iaquinta. Iaquinta was working his ass off this game.

The problem is that you guys don't expect anything from Trezeguet and therefore you don't judge him as you judge other players. Trezeguet is not a good football player, he is a good finisher and that is what he has been living off.

About the 1st part. I agree Iaquinta worked his ass off, as he always does. Him working his ass off doesn't have anything to do with being more involved or contributing to the play though.
Or do you maybe mean we shouldn't criticise players who work their ass off? Fine by me, but be sure to pass the message on to the Molinaro haters.
By the way, Trezeguet was also working his ass off and he actually did a lot of good things. ;)

You couldn't be more wrong about the 2nd part though, as I expect a lot of Trez whenever he plays.
And why would you say he's not a good football player. His position on the field is a striker and thus expected to score often. Last time I checked, that's what he's doing.
You could easily say Chiellini is a bad player, but he also does what is expected, wouldn't you agree?

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
If that volley from yesterday went in, it would have been a copy of his extra time goal in the Euro 2000 final against Italy.
It was a great shot, very tough one, but he and we were unlucky it went wide.
Yeah it would have been, but just imagine DP's career with all the what-ifs or Trez not missing that penalty in 2003. Let's not dwell on things that didn't happen.

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
2 decent chances? What about Iaquinta's two chances?

Vinnie wasted a chance? Well, everybody wasted their chances this game so why do you only blame Iaquinta? Trezeguet hade one chance while Iaquinta had two chances and he was actually involved in the game making it hard for Bayern.

Look, we played a game where we were under attack and in a game like that we cannot have e striker like Trezeguet who doesn't help his teammates out at all. We really needed a striker up there who could hold the ball so his teammates could actually get some rest.

I'm sorry, this is the modern football and today you can't really have strikers who just runs around in the penalty box hoping to get a chance to score, they should be more involved all around the pitch.

And please, don't tell me all that crap about Trezeguet being a good poacher. The new poachers of the game can actually do more for their team then just score goals, players like Milito, Eto'o, Torres, Villa etc can actually do something useful outside the penalty box without panicking like Trezeguet does.
Vinny wasted a chance just like he does in every game he plays in by not looking to pass which may setup an easy goal. its inexcusable and if you disagree then go read my posts in the Iaquinta thread which provide further explanation.

trezeguet is an asset to any team he plays for. and since you fail to recognize that, it seems that there is no point in re-iterating the facts.

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003

Dru beat me to it, and we already went through the facts and folklore of trezi's game numerous times.

Just about Iaq, am i the only one who thinks his work rate dropped this year ? Last year it was more apparent he works harder than this year. I'm not entirely criticising him because whatever he changed has worked because he is banging in the goals but am not sure if its the system, coach or the increased workload that made him consider "stable" work rate over the game rather than run around like crazy until he tires off.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Trezeguet has announced that it is willing to help the French national team during the World Cup play-offs.

Domenech's comment

I am happy when players say they'd want to come and play with the national team. But who makes the choice is always the coach.

blondu

Grazie Ale
Nov 9, 2006
Trezeguet has announced that it is willing to help the French national team during the World Cup play-offs.

Domenech's comment

I am happy when players say they'd want to come and play with the national team. But who makes the choice is always the coach.
he's in the same spot as del piero...didn't played, but he's got the material to get in. The thing that differs is the coaches....del piero is like a son to lippi, but trez is the unwanted bastard of domenech.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)