David Trezeguet (12 Viewers)

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
I'm sure Ranieri is more intelligent than he looks. Trez's age is irrelevant at this point, because it's not his speed that we rely on, as much as it is his off the ball movement and guile - which dont necessarily detoriate as rapidly as the ability to cover the extra yards. Nobody on our roster, or for that matter any other, has the ability to do what Trez does in the box. If these morons think, it's about the money, they might as well prioritize what we intend to stack ourselves with: green or silverware.

To anybody on here, who thinks it's great math to sell a 31 year old for 22 m euros, should first consider what we'd end up doing with that money. With the kind of inexperienced fools running the club, I'd imagine the answer to be, nothing significant.

So let's just stick with the tried, tested and very successful formula for a better part of this decade: Del Piero and Trezeguet.

Forza David.

simoncauchi

Feb 21, 2007
I agree. What I am worried about, though, is the part where Ranieri supposedly said that Amauri, IQ and Ale are ahead of David ATM. Does someone have an article where he says that explicitly, or is it just media BS?
I watch juve channel everyday and ranieri never said that. Actually he is happy with what Trez is doing atm. He doesn't expect more.

IMO i still think we should sell trezeguet. He is 31 and we can get some good money off him and replace him with a younger striker such a huntelaar or any other. The problem is when trez plays and doesn't score it is like we are playing with 10 men on the pitch as he hardly works for the team. He just sits there and wait. I don't like it anymore.

If trezeguet stays, i think Delpiero will sit more this year as i think rainieri wants Amauri and Trezeguet upfront and Iaquinta coming in from the bench. Amauri will deff be a starter.

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

I'm sure Ranieri is more intelligent than he looks. Trez's age is irrelevant at this point, because it's not his speed that we rely on, as much as it is his off the ball movement and guile - which dont necessarily detoriate as rapidly as the ability to cover the extra yards. Nobody on our roster, or for that matter any other, has the ability to do what Trez does in the box. If these morons think, it's about the money, they might as well prioritize what we intend to stack ourselves with: green or silverware.

To anybody on here, who thinks it's great math to sell a 31 year old for 22 m euros, should first consider what we'd end up doing with that money. With the kind of inexperienced fools running the club, I'd imagine the answer to be, nothing significant.

So let's just stick with the tried, tested and very successful formula for a better part of this decade: Del Piero and Trezeguet.

Forza David.
Amen. :touched:

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
That Channel 4 article is bollocks.

They are assuming that because Barca are playing a game in Italy that the Directors will come for Trez.

All just looks like idle speculation without any great basis to me.

tibike

Dec 11, 2007

They are assuming that because Barca are playing a game in Italy that the Directors will come for Trez.

Indeed, that's why I'm asking if someone read somthing like that, but with QUOTES.

Luftwaffles

Il terzo uomo
Dec 1, 2005

For some time now I have recognized Channel 4 'news' items as nothing more than tribalfootball.com tittle-tattle dressed as news.

It's idle specuation indeed.

v1rtu4l

Mar 4, 2008
Infamous Trezeguet happy at Juve!

The Bianconeri take part in the annual Trofeo Tim in Turin tonight, where they will play two 45 minute matches against Milan and Inter.

The French striker is something of a famous figure in Italy, all dating back to his numerous goals since him joining the Bianconeri in 2000.

The game against the Rossoneri will see Trezeguets pit his wits against Nesta, a player he has had his differences with in the past.

During a Serie A League game between Sevilla and Milan a few years ago, Trezeguet was labelled a “coward” by Carlo Ancelotti for his excellent goal scoring against a their world class keeper Dida. During the return tie at San Siro, which Milan won 3-2, Dida angrily taunted and threw coconuts in the face of Trezeguet at the final whistle.

Goal.com

Alex66

Jul 14, 2006

Forza David.
:tup:

IMO i still think we should sell trezeguet. He is 31 and we can get some good money off him and replace him with a younger striker such a huntelaar or any other. The problem is when trez plays and doesn't score it is like we are playing with 10 men on the pitch as he hardly works for the team. He just sits there and wait. I don't like it anymore.
Ok, kid. Its your opinion, but you should show some respect to a legend! How would you like if someone would say, lets sell DP now, because he will be 34??
Beside, how many games have you seen last season, he was working for the squad and created some nice chances to score for the others. Not to mention that the opponent players are afraid of him more than from any other player of our squad(psychological effect which makes more space for our other players when we attack).
Sorry dude, but if this nonsense is what you think, than youre an idiot(thats my opinion).

cimenk

Jul 23, 2008
What is the difference when Inzaghi sold to Milan
and now Trez to Barca?? Also when we sold Vieri, Boksic, and other...
I still this is about the time too for Trez
At that time Pippo make a great partnership too with DP and then when Pippo replaced by Trez. DP still can make a good partnership with Trez.
It depends on Trez decision whether to move or not.
Let's hope Iaquinta and Amauri can fill Trez position if he move also Juve find a new talented striker...
Hoping for Fausto Rossi

But the concerns is now Juve doesn't have Moggi who was brilliant in transfer market, not like Secco

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
What is the difference when Inzaghi sold to Milan
and now Trez to Barca??
Exactly Inzaghi's case can prove that Trezeguet should not be sold.

Inzaghi was a born winner. The man who can singlehandedly win you big matches. His goal record in Juve was 27, 19, 26, 16. Team's topscorer in 3 out of 4 seasons he spent with us. The man who won Milan the CL final in 2007 and the man who scored more decisive goals than any other player in the world.
There were many reasons why we sold him. He couldn't get along with Del Piero (what a stupid reason to sell someone), Trezeguet has proven that he can match Inzaghi's goal scoring record by scoring 15 goals in his debut season, we needed more money to strenghten other areas (we sold Zidane but we bought Nedved, Thuram and Buffon and the trio of newcomers costed us ~50m more than what we got for Zidane). Since we already found a great striker we could allow selling Inzaghi (even though Moggi made the most retarded decision to sell such a winner to Milan)

This time neither Del Piero and Trez hate eachother nor Amauri proved himself for Juve as someone who can match Trez's goalscoring record.

So, unless you guys also think that we should sell Del Piero for 15m eur in case such offer arrives, i can only politely ask you to shut the fuck up.
Trez is going nowhere.

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006

Inzaghi was a born winner. The man who can singlehandedly win you big matches. His goal record in Juve was 27, 19, 26, 16. Team's topscorer in 3 out of 4 seasons he spent with us. The man who won Milan the CL final in 2007 and the man who scored more decisive goals than any other player in the world.
There were many reasons why we sold him. He couldn't get along with Del Piero (what a stupid reason to sell someone), Trezeguet has proven that he can match Inzaghi's goal scoring record by scoring 15 goals in his debut season, we needed more money to strenghten other areas (we sold Zidane but we bought Nedved, Thuram and Buffon and the trio of newcomers costed us ~50m more than what we got for Zidane). Since we already found a great striker we could allow selling Inzaghi (even though Moggi made the most retarded decision to sell such a winner to Milan)

This time neither Del Piero and Trez hate eachother nor Amauri proved himself for Juve as someone who can match Trez's goalscoring record.

So, unless you guys also think that we should sell Del Piero for 15m eur in case such offer arrives, i can only politely ask you to shut the fuck up.
Trez is going nowhere.
well put as always alen

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004

Trez is going nowhere.
:lol2:

Excellent way of winding his idea up.

+REP

simoncauchi

Feb 21, 2007
:tup:

Sorry dude, but if this nonsense is what you think, than youre an idiot(thats my opinion).
Idiot yourself because you didn't even respect my opinion but instead you called peoples names over nothing.

I respect trezeguet but i don't consider him to be a legend. A legend for me is Delpiero, Zidane, Baggio, Scirea, Vialli. Trezeguet isn't in my books.

Fu*k off now!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 11)