David Trezeguet (5 Viewers)

almir_87

Jun 21, 2007
Trez is pretty arrogant for someone who just stands around and waits for the ball to bounce in off his shin. It needed a strong manager to take him aside and say "David, you're really not all that good" Wish we'd do the same. Couldn't care less about the guy.
Man are you kidding??

David is top striker...you think that Anelka is better than him?He did not score 3-4 goals since he arrived to Chelsea, or Djibril Cisse, or Gomis...even Henry had bad season...
He does not have flair like Ronaldinho, but his job is to score and doing that he is one off the 3 best in the world.

Buy on AliExpress.com

JRulez

Aug 1, 2005
Thats not what you're saying. You're saying that he can't convince everybody of his abilities, and that we (I think you mean the club) should do that too.
Yes, I as a Juventus fan would prefer if we shipped him. That's evidently not the club's position. His stats yes are inarguable. I used to rate the guy very highly, but as time has went on, I've grown really tired of watching his efforts. Call me fussy, I want a front man who can do more than stand around waiting for service. Read the match reports after he's not scored and it's clear a lot of people on this forum share the same frustation with him.

JRulez

Aug 1, 2005
Man are you kidding??

David is top striker...you think that Anelka is better than him?He did not score 3-4 goals since he arrived to Chelsea, or Djibril Cisse, or Gomis...even Henry had bad season...
He does not have flair like Ronaldinho, but his job is to score and doing that he is one off the 3 best in the world.
One of the best 3 in the world??????? you're delusional my friend!

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
Hey! I'd love it if Del piero can play as a winger or a Defensive midfielder. I'd love it if Camo can play as a CB. I'd love it if Buffon can score free kicks. Oh but they can't...

Perhaps I should hate them for not being able to do things which they can't or are not expected to do! Yeah it makes perfect sense!

JRulez

Aug 1, 2005
Pay attention:

No one here -or Trez- would have complained if the 4 or 5 strikers picked ahead of him were superior to him. The fact is that none of the strikers have had a better season than Trez, Bar Benzema perhaps. Cisse, Anelka are not on the same level as Trez, and even Henry has been average the past season.
Strict too! You make a very fair point, You not agree though that Domenech has picked these players because they can offer more than Trez in different situations? I doubt that Cisse or Anelka will get much playing time.

What about Raul, top scorer in a championship winning Madrid side, left out for a guy who scored 4 goals! Sometimes you need to close the chapter on players international careers and look to the future. Players just have to accept it.

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
Nobody is saying what happened to Raul is fair either. Accepting a decision and complaining is one thing. You say that Trez should understand that not everyone will like him, but you should also understand that just as people can make decisions not to like/pick, they should be prepared to face the consequences of that. In this case it is Trez not being happy

Oggy

and the Cockroaches
Dec 27, 2005
I'm trying to see some point, or reason why are you so biased toward Trez ans till can't... How on earth you can tell that we should sell Trez, maybe cuz Homer Simpson is your idol??

It's really useless to argue with closeminded dumbass like you (and ooooh sorry I've been rude to you).

If anyone can remember last years Trez thread when he made "gesture" and how many members attacked him, and he all shut them up. We are having same scenario only thist time we have one member (for now) against him.

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
Trez is pretty arrogant for someone who just stands around and waits for the ball to bounce in off his shin. It needed a strong manager to take him aside and say "David, you're really not all that good" Wish we'd do the same. Couldn't care less about the guy.
The kid has his opinion which he is entitled to so lets leave him to it. He's obviously a troll looking to spark some ish here so don't indulge him. No matter how many facts and stats you throw at him logic will not get through so don't waste your time fellas. I doubt he will read your posts and come to some great revelation all of a sudden.

Have fun ja rule :pint:

JRulez

Aug 1, 2005
Nobody is saying what happened to Raul is fair either. Accepting a decision and complaining is one thing. You say that Trez should understand that not everyone will like him, but you should also understand that just as people can make decisions not to like/pick, they should be prepared to face the consequences of that. In this case it is Trez not being happy
I agree 100%, We've all been kicked in the teeth at some point, be it in a relationship, work etc. It hurts like hell but you have to deal with it. Of course he's entitled to be angry. Managers, coaches all have to make difficult decisions, comes with the job. And there'll always be victims of such decisions, be it job layoffs, jilted partners etc. Glad you're off my back now Lion. You are aren't you?:agree:

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
Strict too! You make a very fair point, You not agree though that Domenech has picked these players because they can offer more than Trez in different situations? I doubt that Cisse or Anelka will get much playing time.

What about Raul, top scorer in a championship winning Madrid side, left out for a guy who scored 4 goals! Sometimes you need to close the chapter on players international careers and look to the future. Players just have to accept it.
You made the point about players offering the team something else, well Trezi can offer something more than the 4 other blokes and thats putting the ball in the back f the net and you need that in a team that has many creators in France.

Domenech restricted his options by not taking trezi and believe me its going to bite him back. I am all for creating a team and picking whats best for it but come one, it was obvious thats its personal more than anything.

Also that BS about David just sitting in the box waiting is just annoying. For the past two years i've seen working harder than he ever did, and the ratings websites don't reflect that. He was always going back helping the midfield and constantly putting pressure on the defenders. Also even though he doesn't give neat through passes and makes runs and drags defenders, positions himself where he would make space for someone else. This is the modern game nobody just sits and watch.

JRulez

Aug 1, 2005
The kid has his opinion which he is entitled to so lets leave him to it. He's obviously a troll looking to spark some ish here so don't indulge him. No matter how many facts and stats you throw at him logic will not get through so don't waste your time fellas. I doubt he will read your posts and come to some great revelation all of a sudden.

Have fun ja rule :pint:
No mate, not a troll, a Juve fan since 1990, just not a guy who posts 1000 times per day!

Zé Tahir

JhoolayLaaaal!
Dec 10, 2004
Ok, let me say again, not questioning his record, I never have. I'm just saying you can't convince every coach of your abilties. He's had plenty playing time under Domenech and obviously hasn't convinced him. End Of Story. Raul had to take the same treatment and he's had a superior season to Trez.
That's not what you said at all. You said he stands around and and scores with his shin and that someone needs to let him know that he's not that good.

Don't backtrack on what you said just because you feel like a total moron for spitting crap out your :analcanon:

cunninlynguists

Amsterdam Ambassador
May 7, 2006
I'm not in a position to tell Juve who to buy or sell, my opinion mate. You get the Simpsons in Sarajevo? Cool, you should watch it, you'll learn to laugh!
Shut up you fool. First of all, yes you are allowed to have your own opinion about Trezeguet and stuff. Although nobody agrees with you, don't care. But don't you dare to speak about Sarajevo and getting the Simpsons there. Acting like Bosnia doesn't have shit.

You should know that Sarajevo was the first city in Europe that had trams. So please get of your ass and stop making stupid comments and even more stupid jokes.

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
Oct 2, 2001
The question is, why is everyone attacking JRulez (for his first post)? He criticized Trezeguet's style, and everyone attacking him personally instead of discussing the topic.

Some warnings are needed here..

JRulez

Aug 1, 2005
You made the point about players offering the team something else, well Trezi can offer something more than the 4 other blokes and thats putting the ball in the back f the net and you need that in a team that has many creators in France.
He's had plenty of chances for France, and yeah, you may be right, he might have been the man to get them a goal just when they needed it, but the decision's been made and I struggle to see why you are all hurting so much on his behalf. It's only a game people.

JRulez

Aug 1, 2005
That's not what you said at all. You said he stands around and and scores with his shin and that someone needs to let him know that he's not that good.

Don't backtrack on what you said just because you feel like a total moron for spitting crap out your :analcanon:
I don't feel like moron at all, I know what I said. That's my opinion! I don't know Domenech's reasons but he's made the decision. Can't understand the hostility here people!

JRulez

Aug 1, 2005
Shut up you fool. First of all, yes you are allowed to have your own opinion about Trezeguet and stuff. Although nobody agrees with you, don't care. But don't you dare to speak about Sarajevo and getting the Simpsons there. Acting like Bosnia doesn't have shit.

You should know that Sarajevo was the first city in Europe that had trams. So please get of your ass and stop making stupid comments and even more stupid jokes.
I dunno what you're talking about, I really don't, that wasn't at all what I was saying.

Zé Tahir

JhoolayLaaaal!
Dec 10, 2004
I don't feel like moron at all, I know what I said. That's my opinion! I don't know Domenech's reasons but he's made the decision. Can't understand the hostility here people!
You're saying two different things. On one hand you're saying Domenech has his reasons for leaving Trez and he [Trez] should accept that. Which is fine.

On the other hand you're calling Trez useless which isn't fine, because he's not and that's not an opinion. Numbers don't lie and with that in mind Trez is one of the most successful players in Serie A and Juventus history.

JRulez

Aug 1, 2005
You're saying two different things. On one hand you're saying Domenech has his reasons for leaving Trez and he [Trez] should accept that. Which is fine.

On the other hand you're calling Trez useless which isn't fine, because he's not and that's not an opinion. Numbers don't lie and with that in mind Trez is one of the most successful players in Serie A and Juventus history.
We're getting somewhere, 1st point you're bang on.

2nd point, clearly he's not useless, I never said that, his stats are inarguable. We all know that. I said his contibution to a match is negligible when not scoring, I read the match reports on here and plenty of you guys agree it's like playing with 10 men sometimes. He can score the goals, but his style of play and contribution when not scoring is all I'm questioning. Plenty of others probably feel the same.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)