David Trezeguet (12 Viewers)

ReBeL

The Jackal
Jan 14, 2005
So hot from Reuters:

Trezeguet extends Juventus contract to 2011

MILAN, June 25 (Reuters) - France striker David Trezeguet has made an about-turn and extended his contract with Juventus until 2011, the newly promoted Serie A club said on Monday.

Trezeguet had looked set to be on his way after making a bizarre gesture to club bosses following his goal in a defeat by La Spezia on the last day of the season earlier this month.

He said he felt unloved by the club after they made an initial contract offer and media linked him with a move to Olympique Lyon or Valencia.

However, a successful capital increase on the stock market has given Juve fresh funds and bosses said last week they hoped it would enable them to keep the 29-year-old striker, who has spent seven seasons in Turin.

"I am proud to link my name with Juventus for another four seasons," Trezeguet said in a statement. "Today I have made a decisive choice for my career and my life. This is a club which has given me so much and with whom I want to continue to win."

He stuck by the club following the stripping of their 2006 championship and demotion to Serie B for match-fixing and helped them bounce back to the top flight at the first attempt.

Juve have been quickly rebuilding for Serie A under new coach Claudio Ranieri. Italy goalkeeper Gianluigi Buffon extended his contract and a number of players, including Portugal's Tiago and striker Vincenzo Iaquinta, have arrived at the club.

Reuters

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
Nov 7, 2005
Trez staying with Juve! Monday 25 June, 2007

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

David Trezeguet has completed a sensational U-turn and signed a four-year contract extension with Juventus.

“I am proud to have tied my name to Juventus. Today I have taken an important decision for my career and my life,” stated the former Monaco hitman.

“This is a club which has given me a lot and I want to keep on winning with them,” announced the French international.

“In the last two weeks I have appreciated the effort of the Board and the respect they have towards me.

“This is an attitude which has led me to forget our past misunderstandings and look to the future,” concluded Trezegol.

Trezeguet has been at Juventus for seven seasons, scoring 140 goals, and was ready to leave after the last Serie B game against Spezia.

“We have talked a lot to David and we have come to an agreement which satisfies both parties,” said director general Jean-Claude Blanc.

“We have always had the intention of confirming a champion like him, who has written the history of Juventus,” he concluded.

Juve boss Claudio Ranieri will now be able to count on a first class attack with Trezeguet, Alessandro Del Piero, Raffaele Palladino and the newly-signed Vincenzo Iaquinta.

Trezeguet’s renewal could soon be followed by those of Mauro Camoranesi and Pavel Nedved after reports they are close to extending their stays at the Stadio Olimpico.

Channel4

ReBeL

The Jackal
Jan 14, 2005
Trez staying with Juve! Monday 25 June, 2007

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

David Trezeguet has completed a sensational U-turn and signed a four-year contract extension with Juventus.

“I am proud to have tied my name to Juventus. Today I have taken an important decision for my career and my life,” stated the former Monaco hitman.

“This is a club which has given me a lot and I want to keep on winning with them,” announced the French international.

In the last two weeks I have appreciated the effort of the Board and the respect they have towards me.

“This is an attitude which has led me to forget our past misunderstandings and look to the future,” concluded Trezegol.

Trezeguet has been at Juventus for seven seasons, scoring 140 goals, and was ready to leave after the last Serie B game against Spezia.

“We have talked a lot to David and we have come to an agreement which satisfies both parties,” said director general Jean-Claude Blanc.

“We have always had the intention of confirming a champion like him, who has written the history of Juventus,” he concluded.

Juve boss Claudio Ranieri will now be able to count on a first class attack with Trezeguet, Alessandro Del Piero, Raffaele Palladino and the newly-signed Vincenzo Iaquinta.

Trezeguet’s renewal could soon be followed by those of Mauro Camoranesi and Pavel Nedved after reports they are close to extending their stays at the Stadio Olimpico.

Channel4
He said eleven days, not two weeks :D I love journalism.

Mar 14, 2004
the diego operation has been going for months like truely, not the crap u read about him in the media, he is closer than most of u think, whether we get him or not is down to secco reaching a fee now

blah blah blah....

I personally agreed Kovac's transfer to my local Football club but the problem is that my club doesn't want Kovac at all :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 12)