David Trezeguet (25 Viewers)

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Why exactly only then? :D
Not only then, but then I was the most pumped up. He was killing it, scoring against anything that moves and in the end it was him who brought us the trophy in the scudetto decider against Milan.

Edit: Actually, the scudetto decider was a year earlier. But that year when he scored against Milan was also one of those "I was capable of murdering anyone who badmouths Trez".

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

One of my favorites as well. Nothing like seeing Totti weep like a bitch. :agree:
Not only then, but then I was the most pumped up. He was killing it, scoring against anything that moves and in the end it was him who brought us the trophy in the scudetto decider against Milan.

Edit: Actually, the scudetto decider was a year earlier. But that year when he scored against Milan was also one of those "I was capable of murdering anyone who badmouths Trez".
I knew it had something to do with Milan, at least a little. :D

Good man.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
One of my favorites as well. Nothing like seeing Totti weep like a bitch. :agree:

I knew it had something to do with Milan, at least a little. :D

Good man.
I think that 2005/06 was the season when he almost beat Batistuta's record in scoring in consecutive matches. It was like 2-3 months where Trez was scoring in every single match we played.
He had great season with Juve before and even after 2005/06, but in 2005/06 he rocked.

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

I think that 2005/06 was the season when he almost beat Batistuta's record in scoring in consecutive matches. It was like 2-3 months where Trez was scoring in every single match we played.
He had great season with Juve before and even after 2005/06, but in 2005/06 he rocked.
How many games was that, something like 11? I think Trez scored in 10...

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
How many games was that, something like 11? I think Trez scored in 10...
Trez scored 11 goals on 9 consecutive serie A matches from October 26th till December 21st, scoring at least 1 goal on all 9 matches. He was also scoring in CL in the meantime (I remember goals against Bayern in Turin).
Batistuta had 11.

I'm sure that Trez was gonna beat it, but the winter break came after he scored on the 9th match and it kinda took him out of rhythm.

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

You are back Byrone? :shocked:
Yeah, some bitch dumped his sorry ass, he'll tell you otherwise but don't believe him, so he's here to mend wis wounds.

Sorry for the term used above. :oops:
Trez scored 11 goals on 9 consecutive serie A matches from October 26th till December 21st, scoring at least 1 goal on all 9 matches. He was also scoring in CL in the meantime (I remember goals against Bayern in Turin).
Batistuta had 11.

I'm sure that Trez was gonna beat it, but the winter break came after he scored on the 9th match and it kinda took him out of rhythm.
That damn winter break, never did any good for us. :disagree:

That season he scored one of my favorite goals ever. Against Club Brugge, Camo flicked a ball over the whole defense and Trez lobbed the keeper. Great goal, can't find it now.

May 22, 2007
Hercules 'adventure' for Trezeguet
French striker optimistic over move to La Liga newcomers

By Jamie Casey Last updated: 30th August 2010

David Trezeguet admits he could not resist the 'adventure' of playing in the Primera Liga before hanging up his boots.

The Frenchman joined newly promoted Hercules on Saturday and will link up with his new team-mates for the first time on Tuesday before being presented by the club.

Trezeguet spent ten successful years with Italian giants Juventus, for whom he scored 171 goals, becoming the highest scoring import in the club's history.

At 32, the former France striker waved an emotional farewell to the Old Lady and immediately agreed terms with Hercules, and Trezeguet is looking forward to the challenge.

"I wanted to know the Spanish League, for me it was an important objective in my career,"
Trezeguet told local radio station Cope Alicante.

"I've seen a team with ambition who want to do things well. I'm very happy to be in Alicante and I'm going to complete a dream.

"After spending 10 years in a league like the Italian, having played at a club as important as Juventus, having won so many titles and being leading foreign goalscorer of the team, this for me is a new adventure."

Hercules got off to a losing start in their first top flight game in 13 years on Saturday as they were defeated 1-0 at home to Athletic Bilbao.

The upcoming international break will allow Trezeguet time to gain fitness ahead of the club's next fixture - a daunting trip to defending champions Barcelona.

Trezeguet is unsure if he will feature at the Camp Nou, but has firmly set his sights on being fit for the club's home derby with rivals Valencia the following week.

He said: "We will see if I play or not against Barcelona, but I'm sure I will against Valencia, which is a game that Alicante has been waiting for for a long time."

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,19227_6349500,00.html

Presentation:

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
I wonder why Trezeguet hasn't bad mouthed the current management yet...that's right, because he's classy and he knows that he wasn't mistreated.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
I wonder why Trezeguet hasn't bad mouthed the current management yet...that's right, because he's classy and he knows that he wasn't mistreated.
They are basically covering his salary with a golden handshake so that he didn't have to take a pay cut, sent him to a team where he would not only be guaranteed first team status, but also to a place where he can be close to his family.

The wrong thing to do would have been to force him to go somewhere he didn't want to go to, or worse yet, to rot on the bench.

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

Hercules 'adventure' for Trezeguet
French striker optimistic over move to La Liga newcomers

By Jamie Casey Last updated: 30th August 2010

David Trezeguet admits he could not resist the 'adventure' of playing in the Primera Liga before hanging up his boots.

The Frenchman joined newly promoted Hercules on Saturday and will link up with his new team-mates for the first time on Tuesday before being presented by the club.

Trezeguet spent ten successful years with Italian giants Juventus, for whom he scored 171 goals, becoming the highest scoring import in the club's history.

At 32, the former France striker waved an emotional farewell to the Old Lady and immediately agreed terms with Hercules, and Trezeguet is looking forward to the challenge.

"I wanted to know the Spanish League, for me it was an important objective in my career,"Trezeguet told local radio station Cope Alicante.

"I've seen a team with ambition who want to do things well. I'm very happy to be in Alicante and I'm going to complete a dream.

"After spending 10 years in a league like the Italian, having played at a club as important as Juventus, having won so many titles and being leading foreign goalscorer of the team, this for me is a new adventure."

Hercules got off to a losing start in their first top flight game in 13 years on Saturday as they were defeated 1-0 at home to Athletic Bilbao.

The upcoming international break will allow Trezeguet time to gain fitness ahead of the club's next fixture - a daunting trip to defending champions Barcelona.

Trezeguet is unsure if he will feature at the Camp Nou, but has firmly set his sights on being fit for the club's home derby with rivals Valencia the following week.

He said: "We will see if I play or not against Barcelona, but I'm sure I will against Valencia, which is a game that Alicante has been waiting for for a long time."

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,19227_6349500,00.html

Presentation: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7bJgYlkMx7g

I'd like to see that emotional farewell. :shifty:

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
He was given a chance, though. Unlike some certain other player.
I think it's a matter of lost potential. Trez is in the closing stages of his career, he's basically one foot in retirement now. I imagine he doesn't feel like leaving Juve was a big hit to a his potential, given how mediocre Juve is and how much he's gotten out of it already.

Leave or not he didn't lose much. But Diego potentially lost a lot because he was meant to take the club back to the top.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
He was given a chance, though. Unlike some certain other player.
Boo fucking hoo, Diego was not given a chance. Well, that's life...he wasn't the first player and he won't be the last, it has been done during all Juventus eras and it will always be the same.

Byrone

Peen Meister
Dec 19, 2005
You are back Byrone? :shocked:
For a while.

Yeah, some bitch dumped his sorry ass, he'll tell you otherwise but don't believe him, so he's here to mend wis wounds.

Sorry for the term used above. :oops:

That damn winter break, never did any good for us. :disagree:

That season he scored one of my favorite goals ever. Against Club Brugge, Camo flicked a ball over the whole defense and Trez lobbed the keeper. Great goal, can't find it now.
I'm free & that's all that counts, also you need to get some & stop trying to bone Fred.:D

You don't think a player that broke all sorts of records & spent ten years (his best) at Juventus deserved at least a testimonial match?

He might have received money but he certainly should have received a huge farewell by Juventus fans.Even Raul, Guti & Raul Tamudo got that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 24)