David Trezeguet (24 Viewers)

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

Trez: 'Why should I leave?'
Wednesday 26 May, 2010

Juventus striker David Trezeguet says he has a year left on his contract in Turin so why should he leave?

The 32-year-old Frenchman is expected to be part of a summer clear-out at Juventus after a disastrous season.

Speaking while on tour, Trezeguet said: “I need to play with continuity and that hasn't happened in the last two years.

“It's not always because of injuries or knocks. I need to show that Trezeguet is still an integral player and in a position to influence a game and a result.

“I am convinced that I can do it. I have no doubt, but if I don't play then the doubts come from the others who don't see me and think that by now I'm at the end of my career.

“Even if I have a year left on my contract it doesn't mean that I am leaving. It doesn't just depend on me, but the club also.

“The coaching staff must make their decisions. They have only just arrived. Let's give them time,” he concluded.

Trezeguet has been linked with Milan and Argentinian side River Plate in recent weeks.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

He does make a point. He needed continuity and even when not injured he did not always play in the last 2 years. If he head Amauri's playing time, he'd be at least on 20 goals this season.

Hopefully Del Neri will do one thing right.

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
He does make a point. He needed continuity and even when not injured he did not always play in the last 2 years. If he head Amauri's playing time, he'd be at least on 20 goals this season.

Hopefully Del Neri will do one thing right.
You're right about that. But I have just been informed that Amauri is a fatty. That must have something to do with his lack of goals.

May 22, 2007
He's right about people doubting him when he missed that season (08/09) through injury and a fall out with Ranieri, and I'm glad we saw him step up in big games this season when nobody else did because it does prove a point about him.

I'm hoping the new fitness coaches can fix him up, and next year people can ignore the pre season performances as something to judge which player is good or not.

I found this photo awesome by the way.

Boksic

May 11, 2005
He's right about people doubting him when he missed that season (08/09) through injury and a fall out with Ranieri, and I'm glad we saw him step up in big games this season when nobody else did because it does prove a point about him.

I'm hoping the new fitness coaches can fix him up, and next year people can ignore the pre season performances as something to judge which player is good or not.

I found this photo awesome by the way.

Superb photo :tup:

I remember that game Caldwell was being a prat, kicking Trez and moaning so David reacted in the best way.

I hate Gary Caldwell

Naggar

Bianconero
Sep 4, 2007
He didn't mean 'retire' now, he meant to stay until retirement. and I agree

but those who think Amauri should leave if Trez stays, actually we shouldn't sell strikers even if we brought another, you see how often our players get injured, don't want to get Paolucci again

May 22, 2007
Superb photo :tup:

I remember that game Caldwell was being a prat, kicking Trez and moaning so David reacted in the best way.

I hate Gary Caldwell
I'm glad someone saw what motivated him to do that. Two first half goals and a bit of gloating for David, what a surprise eh.

How the tables had turned when Scotland last played France:
With the amount of time I see some Scots (not you or anyone here) put into the victories against France, it makes me uncertain as to whether they did qualify for Euro 08 or not. That McFadden goal was insane.

David should retire here.
:tup:

Would be quite cool if we had some sort of testimonial for Nedved, Del Piero, Trezeguet etc on the same day in the new stadium (once they've all retired) with that golden era of Zidane, Davids, Ferrara, Montero, Conte, Tacchinardi, Lippi etc all present.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 24)