David Trezeguet (10 Viewers)

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

Eℓvin;2186055 said:
Maybe, maybe not. But some of those games I looked and looked but couldn't see Trez for 90 minutes, even tho he was supposedly on the pitch.
That's cause you're not a Juve fan.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
If this new 4-2-3-1 formation is going to be the standard for Juve going forward, is David mobile enough to be the best option?

I guess the better question would be, Would a lone striker in this formation HAVE to be mobile to begin with?

Luca

Apr 22, 2007
no the ideal striker is Amauri, but he's stuck in his little time warp of being constantly shite, so for now I guess he's the one for that position

To answer your second question, yes. Trez doesn't get away from critisim when he's working with another striker for being immobile, for this formation to work, he has to be every where in the final third of the pitch, and be challenging for headers from goal kicks to be able to hold up the ball even if its at the half way line, to play in the speedy three behind him, in other words he needs to be a drogba

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
If this new 4-2-3-1 formation is going to be the standard for Juve going forward, is David mobile enough to be the best option?

I guess the better question would be, Would a lone striker in this formation HAVE to be mobile to begin with?
Not necessarily, in my view. With Joe Vinko, Diego and Camo behind him, we should have plenty of movement around the box, as we saw somewhat yesterday. Trez would just have to check back from time to time and get in scoring positions like he usually does. And it's not like he isn't a mobile sort of player -- he ran hard yesterday instance.

All he needs is the through balls from the midfield which they will provide him.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Not necessarily, in my view. With Joe Vinko, Diego and Camo behind him, we should have plenty of movement around the box, as we saw somewhat yesterday. Trez would just have to check back from time to time and get in scoring positions like he usually does. And it's not like he isn't a mobile sort of player -- he ran hard yesterday instance.

All he needs is the through balls from the midfield which they will provide him.

I guess what I'm getting at, and I could be wrong, is if he or any other lone striker for that matter, is basically going to be on an island.

That being said, and with defenders closing down on said lone striker once he is in the box, wouldn't a more mobile striker be the ideal situation?

Also, check the PS3 thread. I'm a little aggravated about it, now that I've had time to think about it

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Trez resents relying on Buffon

David Trezeguet is happy with the points, but feels it is “a bad sign” that goalkeeper Gianluigi Buffon is Man of the Match against Maccabi Haifa.

Last night’s 1-0 result was the first Juventus victory in the Champions League this season and arrived against the 10-man Israelis.

“It was a difficult game and we are happy with the points, but there is a lot of work to be done, both in attack and defence, to find the right balance,” said the striker.

Our Man of the Match was once again Buffon. On the one side it is positive to have the best goalkeeper in the world, on the other obviously that’s a bad sign and shows we need to improve a lot.

“We are trying some new tactical systems to find the option that is most suitable to these players
.”

Ferrara fielded a 4-2-3-1 line-up against Maccabi Haifa last night with Mauro Camoranesi, Diego and Sebastian Giovinco fanning out behind lone striker Trezeguet.

However, it was defender Giorgio Chiellini who scored the only goal with a header from Diego’s free kick.

“This team played with two strikers for so many years and the Coach wanted a change to help out the midfielders,” continued Trez.

We can change systems, but the important thing is to work together and find the right balance. We started the season with one system and at a certain stage started to struggle. We changed yesterday and struggled anyway, so we have to be more determined.

“In any case, I have great faith in this squad.

football-italia

:flag2:

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006

Depends on the game.

In a game where Juve would dominate and make chances, Trez would be fine.

In a tough away game, where Juve may not have so mauch possession and may have to play a slightly longer game, it may be necessary to use a more mobile and harder working player.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Depends on the game.

In a game where Juve would dominate and make chances, Trez would be fine.

In a tough away game, where Juve may not have so mauch possession and may have to play a slightly longer game, it may be necessary to use a more mobile and harder working player.
Using your theory though, you are going in assuming that Juve would dominate games before the whistle has been blown, just like you are assuming that all away gamesa are going to be tough.

Wouldn't you feel better knowing that you would have a striker who would excel under both circumstances?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 10)