David Trezeguet (12 Viewers)

gray

Apr 22, 2003
I love Trez and I'm extremely grateful for the goals he's scored and what he's done for the club, but to be perfectly honest I can't say I miss him a great deal, considering the way Iaquinta and Amauri are playing and what they offer the attack.

I never blamed Trez for being invisible when he didn't have any support or creativity in midfield, because the simple truth is that Trez is a poacher and it's not his fault. All things considered though, the sad fact is that Trezeguet offers nothing to our buildup, and as we've seen so many times, he's not the kind of player who can spark things by himself when the rest of the team isn't doing so well.

I'm not disputing the fact that Trezeguet is one of the best finishers in the world, and you guys are right, he probably would have scored one or two of the chances that Amauri and Iaquinta got against Roma, but it was a pleasure to watch so many times last season when the rest of the team just looked disinterested and defeated, and Vinny/Amauri took matters into their own hands and carried the team to victory.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
sadly, thats true.... :/

Just lets hope things go better for Trez...he deserves some glory after all thise years with us.

The best we can hope is for him to use every little chance he is given...because from now on... the battle of the strikers will get nasty in Juventus.

Elgerino

Feb 2, 2009
I love Trez and I'm extremely grateful for the goals he's scored and what he's done for the club, but to be perfectly honest I can't say I miss him a great deal, considering the way Iaquinta and Amauri are playing and what they offer the attack.

I never blamed Trez for being invisible when he didn't have any support or creativity in midfield, because the simple truth is that Trez is a poacher and it's not his fault. All things considered though, the sad fact is that Trezeguet offers nothing to our buildup, and as we've seen so many times, he's not the kind of player who can spark things by himself when the rest of the team isn't doing so well.

I'm not disputing the fact that Trezeguet is one of the best finishers in the world, and you guys are right, he probably would have scored one or two of the chances that Amauri and Iaquinta got against Roma, but it was a pleasure to watch so many times last season when the rest of the team just looked disinterested and defeated, and Vinny/Amauri took matters into their own hands and carried the team to victory.
We don't need our strikers to partipate to our build-up, anymore (or at least one of the strikers). Before, yes. Now, Trez just need to find confidence again. The great thing is : He wants to stay. By the way, you can't loose skills such as finishing or killer instinct; he may be a bit slower, but Del Piero is too.

Think about Inzaghi.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Well Dp is indeed slower, but he compensates with sheer talent and genius when it matters.
Of course it cannot be denied that sometimes when speed is needed he fails, but that was never one of his strong points. He has more than enough talent. He must be older to not deliver anymore.

Aug 1, 2003
Trez being the goal poacher that he is would be effing excellent in this team whatmore with the likes of Diego to support him and his partnership with Alex is one of the best. I really wish he'd be given the chance to play and score so he can regain his confidence.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Yeh, it should be that way .... after all, in the past he scored with really really crappy service....

I always wondered what Trezeguet would have achieved with the service which teams like barcelona could offer.... but now here in Juventus.. he should be receiving plenty.

When he is on his day... he can score 1/1 or 1/2 chances per game.
I remember one game which he received one and only one asistance and he scored. It was crazy.

If he regains his mojo, he could become a goal machine again. But well he has very tough competition now.... the same with DP.

The good thing about this is that it doesnt matter which strikers play...we will massacre the teams in coppa italia at least :D

Mar 14, 2004

Well done :tup:

Yes, because lately he's been banging in goals like there's no tomorrow.
:lol:

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007

completely agree.

Ken

The Dutch Touch
Aug 17, 2007
I highly doubt he will start ahead of Amauri / DP. Maybe he will be given a chance before Iaquinta, because he's with the national team. Since we have Champions League a couple of days after that match though, I reckon we might see him in the second half.

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006

excellent post gray :beer:

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
We've seen how a single Trezeguet shot can flip two points of a match's outcome in an instant. I can't say I've seen that knack in Iaquinta or Amauri. So I have to underscore some of Andy's thoughts here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 11)