David Trezeguet (75 Viewers)

Lo-Pan

Disciple of Gonzo
Feb 11, 2009
I dont think he's looking for any guarantees. But something that cannot be overlooked is, the fact that Trez himself is a guarantee. I dont think David wants to go. And after such intelligent moves, I dont think Secco wants to make the mistake of negating all the good work by gifting one of the most prolific hitmen in all of the world to a direct competitor. They're down on the mat, and we should keep them there. Somebody made a point about us trading Inzaghi to Milan and we coming off ok. Well, we got close to 20m for that deal, and even had David in our ranks to take his place. In this case, we're getting Borriello, and a few million euros, neither of which can susbtantiate what David has done for this club. His goals and loyalty are priceless. Dont see how we can treat a legend this way. It's just not right.
Quality post, mate...I likely would have made it a tough more florid, and dreamy, but essentially, the thrust of what I wanted to write, you have covered. And for me, its the one low point of our summer mercato thus far...reading Cobolli's comments a week or two back regarding the possible sale of Trezeguet. Every team needs world class talent. Not many have players who have world class talent in abundance for the or position, so they make sure they have players who have some of that depth of ability, in one facet that their position demands.

Amauri and Iaquinta...Amauri has no world class ability about him, or at least he has not shown it in a Juve shirt yet. Iaquinta has world class heart and determination, but I prefer the world class goalscoring ability of Trezeguet. Heart and Determination are admirable qualities, but I would rather have Trezeguet doing fuck all for 89 minutes then scoring with his first decent effort of the game, than Iaquinta huffing and puffing, muscling his way through the 90 minutes, and not managing to find one decent opportunity to score...Sincerely, I see Amauri as behind those two, in terms of potency. Because he has neither the heart and strength of Iaquinta, nor the goalscoring ability of Trezeguet...what exactly does he have, that makes him fit to wear our jersey???

JBF

اختك يا زمن
Aug 5, 2006
have you thought that he might was unhappy when he was subbed during the chelsea game for juve and not for him???

we needed one goal to go to the next stage and ranieri took out treza and put in amauri. when you need one goal and there are 10 mins left is this the right choice??? i agree with what treza said after that march, i don't agree with his decision to say it...
Well said :tup:
As for Treze replacement during the game...it think Ranieri had every right to do so as Treze didnt do much during the game exept that assist that was amazing but we needed new blood and he has just returned from an injury while he played a full game(Palermo) 3 days before...so yea he could have done better and maybe ur right he was sad because of the result eventhough i doubt it.

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
Dude, you brought me a pícture from months back ago to prove a point? Ok, after that goal he always looks mad. C'mon man you know its true. Just these last few days, he refused to be the captain, he looked pissed after scoring his goal and he didnt even smile when he entered the stage during the presentation a few days ago. I love Trez but he is acting like a spoiled brat.

Sad Statue

wannabe Bart Simpson
Mar 28, 2006
Dude, you brought me a pícture from months back ago to prove a point? Ok, after that goal he always looks mad. C'mon man you know its true. Just these last few days, he refused to be the captain, he looked pissed after scoring his goal and he didnt even smile when he entered the stage during the presentation a few days ago. I love Trez but he is acting like a spoiled brat.
When a team treats his classy players as shit, what do you expect from them??? Treza is a legend for us, and nobody from our board even said that he is importand for us and he is not in the market. Our board always said that we will think about him if a good offer arrives. This is not the right way to treat one of our best players. Treza happend to argue with Ranieri this year and after this he didn't take any playing time. And our board didn't protect him...

The same about Neddy. If reports are correct he asked for a contract for another one year and they offer him a shitty contract. Of course Neddy is a juventino and he didn't said anything cause he knew that the fans would have gone crazy. His words though "My decision to stop is not about money" said a lot. I mean if nothing happens, there is no reason to say something like this. I think that he just said it to calm down the fans...

In a few words, we can't treat our champions well. we can't treat well tha players that went down with us and helped us come back where we are right now...

I think that Treza wants to stay. He doesn't want someone from our board to tell him "you will play no matter what". He just needs someone to tell him that he is important to our team, and that he is staying cause we need him and not cause nobody else wants him...

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
Did he always look mad after that goal? Maybe so, but I sure can understand he wasn't happy with the situation. As you probably know, our (pretty great) season almost turned to shit after the Chelsea game.

He didn't want to be captain: That's a bit strange, but who knows the reason(s) behind this. After all it's only a friendly.

He looked pissed after scoring the goal: He scored a penalty, in a friendly game, against Vicenza, which we didn't even win. Obviously he doesn't care for the team!
Seriously, I would be more concerned had he actually celebrated.

There were a lot of players who weren't really smiling during the presentation.

I agree that Trez sometimes makes "weird" comments or "strange" gestures but that can also be interpreted in a different way: he cares for the team.

I have a feeling Trez will score a lot of goals next season. I just hope it's with us.

Byrone

Peen Meister
Dec 19, 2005
Leo hails 'extraordinary' Trezeguet

As a deal for Sevilla striker Luis Fabiano breaks down, Milan Coach Leonardo has shifted his attention to David Trezeguet who he calls 'extraordinary'.

Milan have been on the lookout for a target man all summer, but have either been rejected or unwilling to spend big despite the sale of Kaka.

Last week, reports claimed Milan had offered Massimo Oddo to Juventus in exchange for Trezeguet only to be firmly rebuffed.

However, earlier this morning, Milan seem to be at it again, taking Oddo out of the deal and replacing him with Marco Borriello.

Milan Vice-President Adriano Galliani has since denied Borriello is up for sale but Leonardo's comments suggest the Rossoneri are serious about Trezeguet.

We are talking about a player who has scored thousands of goals. I don't know how far along discussions are, but Trezeguet certainly is an extraordinary footballer,” Leonardo said.

Meanwhile, Leandro Cantamessa, Milan's lawyer, confirmed talks had ended with Luis Fabiano about a possible move away from Sevilla.

The Rossoneri had a £12.5m bid rejected for the Brazil international last week and are unwilling to increase their offer.

“It's all a question of opinion. The player's agent feels the money is not enough, whereas we feel it is,” Cantamessa told Calciomercato.it.

“Has the deal failed? I don't think so, no. That's not the right word to describe it. We made an offer, they never replied on paper but they used strong words in a Press conference to give a negative response.

“For now the deal is closed and if Sevilla don't value our offer then we will pull out.”

Cantamessa also responded to a statement made earlier this morning by Chelsea manager Carlo Ancelotti suggesting the Blues are likely to renew their interest in Andrea Pirlo.

“There is always talk about Chelsea, but we have not heard anything. It's still too early to talk about this, as we have to verify an interest from the Londoners. For the moment there is nothing,” Cantamessa concluded.

http://www.channel4.com/sport/football_italia/jul22j.html

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004
Leo hails 'extraordinary' Trezeguet

As a deal for Sevilla striker Luis Fabiano breaks down, Milan Coach Leonardo has shifted his attention to David Trezeguet who he calls 'extraordinary'.

Milan have been on the lookout for a target man all summer, but have either been rejected or unwilling to spend big despite the sale of Kaka.

Last week, reports claimed Milan had offered Massimo Oddo to Juventus in exchange for Trezeguet only to be firmly rebuffed.

However, earlier this morning, Milan seem to be at it again, taking Oddo out of the deal and replacing him with Marco Borriello.

Milan Vice-President Adriano Galliani has since denied Borriello is up for sale but Leonardo's comments suggest the Rossoneri are serious about Trezeguet.

We are talking about a player who has scored thousands of goals. I don't know how far along discussions are, but Trezeguet certainly is an extraordinary footballer,” Leonardo said.

Meanwhile, Leandro Cantamessa, Milan's lawyer, confirmed talks had ended with Luis Fabiano about a possible move away from Sevilla.

The Rossoneri had a £12.5m bid rejected for the Brazil international last week and are unwilling to increase their offer.

“It's all a question of opinion. The player's agent feels the money is not enough, whereas we feel it is,” Cantamessa told Calciomercato.it.

“Has the deal failed? I don't think so, no. That's not the right word to describe it. We made an offer, they never replied on paper but they used strong words in a Press conference to give a negative response.

“For now the deal is closed and if Sevilla don't value our offer then we will pull out.”

Cantamessa also responded to a statement made earlier this morning by Chelsea manager Carlo Ancelotti suggesting the Blues are likely to renew their interest in Andrea Pirlo.

“There is always talk about Chelsea, but we have not heard anything. It's still too early to talk about this, as we have to verify an interest from the Londoners. For the moment there is nothing,” Cantamessa concluded.

http://www.channel4.com/sport/football_italia/jul22j.html
If we lose Trez to Milan, we won't regret on anything more than it.

Jul 15, 2006
MILAN - Concerning some transfer rumours published today, the Official Site of Milan makes clear that, in the words of Delegate Administrator Adriano Galliani, "Marco Borriello is not on the market and was therefore never involved in any negotiation. Milan confirm he is unsellable." :)

only-juve

Jan 5, 2008
The thing is, the moment we went for Amauri it was a sign that an attacker will be sold.

I think that the BOD were thinking about this move (selling trezeguet) for quiet some time now. Since that last game in serie B when David made that gesture with he's hand "i believe" the BOD took that decision.

The very first season we came back we brought a top attacker in Iaquinta (that move was understandable) any top team would need atleast two great attackers in their team incase one of them gets injured.

But Amauri's move was really strange last summer. We've spend around 20 mil euros for the guy in time when we lacked quality players in other positions yet we sign an attacker.

Why would any club pay 20 mil for an attacker when they allready have 2 top attackers and all three of them would be fighting for 1 position ?!! Didn't make any sence at the time but its getting clearer now.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 75)