Daniele Rugani (18 Viewers)

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
We have an abundance of defenders when fit
When fit. We started a season with 4 b/c we knew Chiellini's knee was going to take time. Then dropped to 3 when Demiral went crack. We were already praying no injuries or suspensions to Bonucci or MDL because knew how bad Rugani was/is. Now we are teetering on selling Romero.

We we really going to use Romero in some obscure deal, and go into next season with two at risk CBs and and average as fuck Rugani?

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
When fit. We started a season with 4 b/c we knew Chiellini's knee was going to take time. Then dropped to 3 when Demiral went crack. We were already praying no injuries or suspensions to Bonucci or MDL because knew how bad Rugani was/is. Now we are teetering on selling Romero.

We we really going to use Romero in some obscure deal, and go into next season with two at risk CBs and and average as fuck Rugani?
Trust me, Romero is not that much better than rugani, but like I've said before compare our 5th choice defender (Rugani) to the 4th or 5th choice defenders at other big clubs, think you'll find they're equally bad if not worse.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Trust me, Romero is not that much better than rugani, but like I've said before compare our 5th choice defender (Rugani) to the 4th or 5th choice defenders at other big clubs, think you'll find they're equally bad if not worse.
Well ordinarily you wouldn't need a 5th choice CB against another big club but because our luck sucks we didn't have a choice or someone else to choose from.

james95

Sep 2, 2018
Most other top European teams like Real, Barca, etc don’t have more than 4 CBs and even then, the drop off to their least preferred is nowhere near as drastic as the drop off from 4th to 5th for us.

Bayern have Sule, Boateng, Martinez, Alaba, Hernandez and Pavard (who can also play there). They are all significantly better than Rugani.

- - - Updated - - -

Last edited:

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
Most other top European teams like Real, Barca, etc don’t have more than 4 CBs and even then, the drop off to their least preferred is nowhere near as drastic as the drop off from 4th to 5th for us.

Bayern have Sule, Boateng, Martinez, Alaba, Hernandez and Pavard (who can also play there). They are all significantly better than Rugani.

- - - Updated - - -

Boateng is crap

kappa96

Jun 20, 2018
Trust me that Romero is a class above rugani.
The guy was made captain in the game against us. He is one of the most consistent performers in that relegation team. Don't compare him with our 5th cb wimp.
I for however briefly I saw him, he never backed out of a tackle or aerial duel let alone giving respect to opponents.

Sent from my Mi 9T Pro using Tapatalk

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
Trust me that Romero is a class above rugani.
The guy was made captain in the game against us. He is one of the most consistent performers in that relegation team. Don't compare him with our 5th cb wimp.
I for however briefly I saw him, he never backed out of a tackle or aerial duel let alone giving respect to opponents.

Sent from my Mi 9T Pro using Tapatalk
Bonucci has been captain in chiellini's absence. Doesn't make him any better

kappa96

Jun 20, 2018
Bonucci has been captain in chiellini's absence. Doesn't make him any better
It's not about Chiellini or bonnuci. Romero is probably better than rugano based on their play style. One is a wimp that backs from duels, relies on anticipation and reading of the game, the other is a warrior type of player a la Chiello demiral or de ligt. I don't think that Romero would have girly touch ibra on the second goal and would have allowed him to set up the goal.

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
He hadn't played in a long while and no minutes since restart. Most players of most teams looked shid in their first game.

Doesn't mean same Rugani performance wouldn't have happened even with minutes but at least he has an excuse unlike Bonucci.

campionesidd

Mar 16, 2013
He hadn't played in a long while and no minutes since restart. Most players of most teams looked shid in their first game.

Doesn't mean same Rugani performance wouldn't have happened even with minutes but at least he has an excuse unlike Bonucci.
Which is why he should be gotten rid off ASAP. Which other club has 5 CBs? I’d rather play a midfielder in defense if 3 CBs are missing because at least they’ll have plenty of match practice. Emre Can and Vidal did just fine in central defense.

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
Which is why he should be gotten rid off ASAP. Which other club has 5 CBs? I’d rather play a midfielder in defense if 3 CBs are missing because at least they’ll have plenty of match practice. Emre Can and Vidal did just fine in central defense.
No comment on only needing two fit CBs and not needing a fifth.

I don't think any club in the history of the sport planned a season or half season around only two fit CBs. That'd be....very silly.

Emre was poor as back 4 CB with Germany and only played that pseudo CB/CM role under Allegri where he somewhat formed a back 3. Vidal is a historically uniquely versatile player.

Your suggestion is right for next season...we need a reserve that can fulfill two roles, not necessarily a CM. A CB-LB would be ideal. I think signing such a player and selling Rugani was the plan before Chiellini got injured.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
When he tried to clear the ball with his head instead of clearing with his foot....just to give it to the sassuolo player.

He is simply not good enough. Just like a lot of dudes in our starting 11 and bench

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 12)