Daniele Rugani (74 Viewers)

tosh_rose

Aug 21, 2010
Personally I blame Sarri more for Rugani performance than the player himself. He hasn't played a competitive game in half a year and Maurice threw him under the bus. Having five subs per game he didn't give him any minutes even during the games we were comfortably winning.
One of the things that a competent manager would have done is to sub Rugani with De Ligt after Ronaldo`s goal vs Toro and let Daniele and Bonucci play for a few minutes and warm up for Milan as a CB pair, instead he made that rotation up front, and Higuain has plenty of minutes playing with both Ronaldo and DCosta/Berna, unlike Rugani with Leo.

Rugani is average and lacks a lot of qualities, but he is in fact an amazing option to have as a 5th choice center back, especially when two of your CBs suffer a season-ending injury in the same campaign, it was inevitable one of Bonucci-DeLigt would have to miss a game and Sarri`s planning and strategy was nonexistent, thats a lack of vision.

Both Daniele and AlexS were not ready to play for different reasons, the first was at fault (along with Leo) for the 2nd goal and for the 3rd goal, the latter brainfarted for the 4th goal. Take notes and learn from the mistakes, if you actually do that, then thats a valuable lesson and if you dont, well... not every manager is a Lippi, a Trapattoni, a Sacchi or an Allegri...

Buy on AliExpress.com
Apr 19, 2007
He also had a real leader next to him. Bonucci is no Chiellini in that regard.
I dont think its leader mentality. The Cb partnership tends to work best when you have an agressive ball winning cb next to a composed positional guy. Bonucci always struggles when not next to Chiellini and now he looks great with De Ligt. He and Rugani will always look horrible next to someone that plays similar to them bc they dont cover ground or force the agenda. I also fear that demiral and de ligt might be a bit to agressive right now as well but MDL is so well rounded I think it can work.

Apr 19, 2007
Personally I blame Sarri more for Rugani performance than the player himself. He hasn't played a competitive game in half a year and Maurice threw him under the bus. Having five subs per game he didn't give him any minutes even during the games we were comfortably winning.
LOL yeah Sarri is responsible for our 5th best cb not hitting form. Hes made players that were out of form all year try to fit in and gain some momentum. Rugani is so far down this list of importance on hitting form priority as of right now. Also throwing a cb on the field in the middle of the game is never a good choice

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
I can't recall a more shocking defensive display from a Juventus CB since pre-Conte.

This guy should ask the board to cancel his contract and help him find a new club.

- - - Updated - - -

His poor positioning has nothing to do with not playing for half a year. The guy's decision making skills yesterday had nothing to do with match fitness. He was skinned alive by two different average players none of us can name on the same play and was responsible for the goal on that play to make it even worse.

fredrik

Aug 7, 2011
You can give rugani 38 matches and the result would be the same. He simply isnt good enough, which is the reason to not play him, if you dont abolutly have to.

- - - Updated - - -

One of the things that a competent manager would have done is to sub Rugani with De Ligt after Ronaldo`s goal vs Toro and let Daniele and Bonucci play for a few minutes and warm up for Milan as a CB pair, instead he made that rotation up front, and Higuain has plenty of minutes playing with both Ronaldo and DCosta/Berna, unlike Rugani with Leo.

Rugani is average and lacks a lot of qualities, but he is in fact an amazing option to have as a 5th choice center back, especially when two of your CBs suffer a season-ending injury in the same campaign, it was inevitable one of Bonucci-DeLigt would have to miss a game and Sarri`s planning and strategy was nonexistent, thats a lack of vision.

Both Daniele and AlexS were not ready to play for different reasons, the first was at fault (along with Leo) for the 2nd goal and for the 3rd goal, the latter brainfarted for the 4th goal. Take notes and learn from the mistakes, if you actually do that, then thats a valuable lesson and if you dont, well... not every manager is a Lippi, a Trapattoni, a Sacchi or an Allegri...
So 15-20min would have changes anything? Doesnt sound likely. He had 60min in the milan game to «warm up» and we all saw the result of that. The more time rugani gets the more errors and fuck ups will occur.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
We probably could have played with a U23 CB and yielded a similar result. That's how shitty Rugani is.

- - - Updated - - -

His stock value dropped massively yesterday :lol:

IlCapitano

Dec 16, 2012
He is never going to be what his hype suggested a few years ago, but he's also still very young for a CB and never had the continuity defenders need. He was put in an ungrateful situation with all the hype, then being the understudy for BBC, expected to reach those heights by playing sporadically etc. We've always had excellent win % and goals conceded/clean sheet records with him on the pitch. But he also played most of the time with Chiellini. He's not a leader and not very aggressive so he needs one of those next to him and I believe he can still be a very solid CB in this league. Albeit for someone else because he'll never get those conditions at Juve.

I'm sad for him. He was always a good soldier, patient, never out of line and had some great big game performances for us. Nothing but good luck in the future.:tup:

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
He is never going to be what his hype suggested a few years ago, but he's also still very young for a CB and never had the continuity defenders need. He was put in an ungrateful situation with all the hype, then being the understudy for BBC, expected to reach those heights by playing sporadically etc. We've always had excellent win % and goals conceded/clean sheet records with him on the pitch. But he also played most of the time with Chiellini. He's not a leader and not very aggressive so he needs one of those next to him and I believe he can still be a very solid CB in this league. Albeit for someone else because he'll never get those conditions at Juve.

I'm sad for him. He was always a good soldier, patient, never out of line and had some great big game performances for us. Nothing but good luck in the future.:tup:
How was he put in an ungrateful situation? He was literally paired with the best CB trio on the planet backed by two top goal keepers (one being the GOAT). The kid has had EVERYTHING he needed to succeed including mentors, leadership, a club that is strict on training and most importantly playing time.

No one but Rugani himself is to blame.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes he is a good solider, never complains, etc. That doesn't excuse his performances. Throw any of us in the mix at Juve and we would be good soldiers too but would get destroyed in games and rightfully blamed.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Can we still con an EPL team into paying 20 million for him? :boh: :donedeal:
I still insist: we need 5 CBs.

We had two serious knee injuries, plus suspensions and we were left with two crappy performing CBs yesterday and not one defender to sub one out with.

Should keep Romero, Sell Rugani, buy a Rugani replacement and have someone ready for the replacement of Chiellini when its time.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
I still insist: we need 5 CBs.

We had two serious knee injuries, plus suspensions and we were left with two crappy performing CBs yesterday and not one defender to sub one out with.

Should keep Romero, Sell Rugani, buy a Rugani replacement and have someone ready for the replacement of Chiellini when its time.
We already have 5 CBs: De Ligt, Chiellini, Demiral, Bonucci and Rugani :D

If we sell Rugani and bring in Romero, we'll still have 5 CBs :p

IlCapitano

Dec 16, 2012
How was he put in an ungrateful situation? He was literally paired with the best CB trio on the planet backed by two top goal keepers (one being the GOAT). The kid has had EVERYTHING he needed to succeed including mentors, leadership, a club that is strict on training and most importantly playing time.

No one but Rugani himself is to blame.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes he is a good solider, never complains, etc. That doesn't excuse his performances. Throw any of us in the mix at Juve and we would be good soldiers too but would get destroyed in games and rightfully blamed.
I explained how. Just like you wouldn't see De Ligt you see now without Chiellini's injury you didn't see the potential of Rugani develop properly because he had at least 2 WC CBs in front of him who had to play because we weren't in the business of developing kids. And CBs more than any other position need consistent game in-game out minutes and need the space to suffer with mistakes without being replaced. He rarely ever had 3 games in a row, let alone couple months of game time.

And no I'm not saying he should've played ahead any of BBC, they were all much better than a young green kid, but let's not pretend he had 3000 minutes in a row for 3 seasons and played like crap.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
We already have 5 CBs: De Ligt, Chiellini, Demiral, Bonucci and Rugani :D

If we sell Rugani and bring in Romero, we'll still have 5 CBs :p
. But between the two MCL injuries which are no joke, you'd think we would have a U23 CB we could call on? We have no one to tap into in the youth ranks?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 61)