Daniele Rugani (13 Viewers)

Vlad

Delusional
May 23, 2011
Hes decent backup, someone to come off the bench or start against lesser sides, when we need to rest our starting CBs before more important games. For a good offer Id sell and invest in cheaper solution.

spurdo

Jun 4, 2016
He's on the level of Ogbonna. Good to have around if you need a 4th or 5th choice CB to put in a late shift but absolutely unstartable against decent opposition.

Juvellino

Mar 19, 2015
40-50m I would take and run. The only way I would keep him is if Sarri can “revive” him but I don’t see it happening because it didn’t work out when Sarri brought Tonelli with him to Napoli.

Vlad

Delusional
May 23, 2011
40-50m I would take and run. The only way I would keep him is if Sarri can “revive” him but I don’t see it happening because it didn’t work out when Sarri brought Tonelli with him to Napoli.
Revive him how? If he had at any point shown something more than we have seen during his time here, Id have been more optimistic. But no progress from him whatsoever, despite being surrounded by players like Chiellini that he could learn a lot from. He's the same timid player like when he joined. He lacks confidence for this level.

Boksic

May 11, 2005
Revive him how? If he had at any point shown something more than we have seen during his time here, Id have been more optimistic. But no progress from him whatsoever, despite being surrounded by players like Chiellini that he could learn a lot from. He's the same timid player like when he joined. He lacks confidence for this level.
He plays exactly like a young player who has absolutely no experience of defending at a high level and has been used in Serie A games against lowly opposition where we barely get out of 2nd gear.

He needs to play every week in Serie A to have any chance to progress, he has learnt all he can sitting on a bench watching Chiellini and Barzagli. We should loan/sell + buy back to someone who will play him.

Juvellino

Mar 19, 2015
I meant revive him to his Empoli form where he was apparently quite good. But it’s not like any of us saw much of Empoli. Who knows, maybe he was always overrated. He showed some flashes here in previous years but was quite bad this year despite being used frequently.

Vlad

Delusional
May 23, 2011
He plays exactly like a young player who has absolutely no experience of defending at a high level and has been used in Serie A games against lowly opposition where we barely get out of 2nd gear.

He needs to play every week in Serie A to have any chance to progress, he has learnt all he can sitting on a bench watching Chiellini and Barzagli. We should loan/sell + buy back to someone who will play him.
Imo its a myth that Italian coaches dislike introducing young players into the team. Every player is capped at certain level and no amount of games can change that. Once you hit 21-22 years of age, in 99% cases that is it. To break into our first eleven or first eleven of any big team you need to hit the ground running, no time for pampering around. And at this level its a question of character, only ability isnt enough. Not that he has shown some extraordinary abilities here, looks weak and slow in duels.

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012
His biggest problem is that he cannot play with Bonucci. Both aren't good aggresive and fast enough and they mange to be out-muscled easily.

Rugani next to Chiellini is good. Not world class but good. It's the same situation as with Bonucci. Simply put, they're not defensive leaders. Chiellini and Koulibaly are.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)