Daniele Rugani (17 Viewers)

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Don't expect him to make long balls a la Bonucci or even the occasional Barzagli run up front. Like I said, he's a no BS, keep it simple CB. He'll all simple pass, great defensive and attacking headers and marking.
He is like the Trezeguet of CB's. Goes missing for 89 mins then suddenly comes up with a game changing tackle out of nowhere.

rndmlgnd

Oct 29, 2015
Don't expect him to make long balls a la Bonucci or even the occasional Barzagli run up front. Like I said, he's a no BS, keep it simple CB. He'll all simple pass, great defensive and attacking headers and marking.
Yes, well defenders nowadays have to be really good at passing as most teams (including ours) build their attacks from the back. Even Chiellini improved in that aspect, so I'm sure Rugani will too.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Very conservative type of defender, always looking for the easy option. I don't think he'll grab headlines for his charisma, he might even be unpopular to the lazy viewer because he is so regimented, but he looks like a great replacement for Barzagli. I think he has the physique and ability to add a little bit more to his game to be that level, but you can't create experience from nothing.

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
Very conservative type of defender, always looking for the easy option. I don't think he'll grab headlines for his charisma, he might even be unpopular to the lazy viewer because he is so regimented, but he looks like a great replacement for Barzagli. I think he has the physique and ability to add a little bit more to his game to be that level, but you can't create experience from nothing.
Sounds pretty much like Barzagli

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
I dont like those forrays anyways. So pointless...because the few times they are successfull on them and find themselves in a potentially good scoring position, they panic or get nervous and shoot it wherever..or simply dont know what to do and do nothing.

I want my defenders to defend, and i want them to stay on position and deliver passes to the dudes who will arrange the attack.

tbh i panic everytime chiellini goes forward like if he was an AM.

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
I dont like those forrays anyways. So pointless...because the few times they are successfull on them and find themselves in a potentially good scoring position, they panic or get nervous and shoot it wherever..or simply dont know what to do and do nothing.

I want my defenders to defend, and i want them to stay on position and deliver passes to the dudes who will arrange the attack.

tbh i panic everytime chiellini goes forward like if he was an AM.
Barzagli has made some good crosses this season. One of them an assist. Plus it's part of the game plan for Barzagli or Chiellini to push up with the ball a bit.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Obvs is part of the plan, but like i said i prefer them to hold pos.

Barzagli doesnt expose himself too much and we can be confident on him because he is not a brainless barbarian like chiellini.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Its about confidence, but also basically a system issue. This is a calm and clinical type of CB who played in 4 man defence, used to being deep and last man wall, playing in a 3 man backline wide, expected to take part in attack and its build up. It will take some adjusting to get used to it. Besides the fact he needs to get used to the team in general, being his first real appearance.

Rollie

Apr 15, 2008
I thought his passing was really good. It's not like he preferred only one solution, he played to Marchi/Licht/Bonucci often. For me he looked comfortable with the ball, never felt that feeling i have when Chiellini gets it.
I agree. The goal of this match for him would have been to keep things relatively simple. There was no reason for him to try to actively push up the field, certainly not what he would have been asked to do in his first start (particularly in the second half, given the scoreline). He was very tidy, poised in possession, and made intelligent decisions distributing the ball. I was really comfortable watching him on the ball, actually. Considering it's his first start, and the 3 man backline :tup:

Sure, it was Torino, and they were reduced to 10 men -- but I thought his positioning was quite good, and his composure was excellent. I can't wait to see more of him!

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Daniele Rugani is “focused on Juventus” and aiming to prove that Coach Massimiliano Allegri can rely upon him.

The young defender returned to the Bianconeri from Empoli this summer, but only made his first start for the club in last night’s Coppa Italia win over Torino.

“My dream for the season is to carve out as much space for myself as possible,” Rugani explained to JTV.

“To slowly become a player who the Coach can rely on and trust when I’m needed. Rather than a dream, that’s my goal.

“I think that’s what I’ll be doing from now on, to become a reliable player in the eyes of the Coach, who he can rely on when he needs me.

“The thing that has surprised and struck me [at Juventus] is the winning mentality that’s in the air. It’s not just words, when you’re inside you can really feel it.

“So that’s the thing you notice, along with the level of professionalism and organisation.

“Euro 2016? That’s something we could call a dream for this season. It’s obviously difficult, I know that, because you have to play, but I’m focused on Juventus.

“I’m young, I have time and years ahead of me, so I hope to do well here and then the national team will arrive as a consequence of that.

“For now it remains a dream, I’m thinking about doing well, and it would come as a consequence of that, so I’m concentrated here.”

Rugani was also asked to comment on Juventus’ Champions League prospects, after they were drawn against Bayern Munich in the Last 16.

“Bayern Munich is definitely a complicated draw. Honestly, they’re a very strong team, but I don’t think Juventus start beaten against anyone.

“In fact, I don’t think they’ll be very happy to have drawn Juventus. So we have to prepare in the best way.

“We have a few months to do it, and I’m sure we’ll be ready, even more so than we are now, and we’ll definitely play.”

With Serie A heading into the winter break after this weekend’s fixtures, the youngster also discussed the season so far.

“We’ve tackled this last part of 2015 at a high level,” Rugani noted.

“It was fundamental for our title challenge, but we’re still behind and we can’t be content. We have to stay hungry, because we have points to recover.

“But they’re all things which give us confidence and morale to restart again in 2016 in the best way, without stopping. We have to continue this way, starting on Sunday against Carpi.

“Another win on Sunday could see us close the gap to some of the teams ahead, and bring us closer to our goal which is to be fighting for the Scudetto come March.

“It will be a tough game, as they all are. When you play with Juventus it’s normal that every team gives 100 per cent, because it’s the game of their life in a way.

“They’ll be very tight, very compact, and we’ll have to have patience and humility, as well as showing the same desire to fight and sacrifice as Carpi will, knowing that there will also be moments of difficulty.

“We have to be on the same level as them in terms of determination and humility in order to take home the victory.”

(Football Italia)

What a good guy he is:tup:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 14)