Daniele Rugani (26 Viewers)

piotrr

Мodеrator
Sep 13, 2011
I thought his passing was really good. It's not like he preferred only one solution, he played to Marchi/Licht/Bonucci often. For me he looked comfortable with the ball, never felt that feeling i have when Chiellini gets it.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
Flew below the radar tonight, but thats to be expected when breaking in to the first team. Few more matches and i think we will see a very assured presence in the defense.

rndmlgnd

Oct 29, 2015
This game wasn't a real test, but good for him to get some minutes in his legs.

About his passing. He didn't make mistakes, but had a few situations where he could have maybe played it forward but he preffered to play it back to Bonucci instead. It's understandable, it's his first start, he doesn't want to misplace a pass and put the back line in jeopardy. Seems like a clever lad, important attribute for a defender.

Also, it seems he's not yet used to play in a back three as he looks really unassured when playing in a right back zone. This could be the reason why Allegri kept him benched.

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
Don't expect him to make long balls a la Bonucci or even the occasional Barzagli run up front. Like I said, he's a no BS, keep it simple CB. He'll all simple pass, great defensive and attacking headers and marking.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 18)